[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loomis is a lie

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

>almost 60,000 subscribers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1OfXOV3PSI

Daily reminder that nobody gives a shit if you can draw a perfect box. Learn how to draw something appealing you stupid fucking niggers.
>>
I can't even draw a box though. As a beginner it's hard to know where to start

Edwards- copy the model
Vilppu - never copy the model

What the fuck
>>
>>2969797
>Learn how to draw something appealing

That's exactly what Loomis does you fucking mongoloid. Teach you methods that allow you to draw something appealing. Almost all japanese artists who draw good animu use a slightly adjusted and simplified version of Loomis head construction or something very similar to it.

I mean, it's literally just draw a circle, add a jaw and then draw 2 lines to help you get the facial features aligned properly. Is that really already too much for you so you have to pretend Loomis is somehow overly complicated and unnecessary?
>>
>>2969850
yes, old men with potato cancer lumps for cheeks and chins are exactly what I think of when I hear the word "appealing"
>>
>>2969797
Sounds like you need a hugbox.
>>
File: C-bKKQRVoAAaV_t.jpg (65KB, 1037x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-bKKQRVoAAaV_t.jpg
65KB, 1037x1200px
please, solar sands has 140k subs critiquing art, pic related is his skill level
>>
>>2969868
sounds like your average /ic/ user
>>
>>2969868
damn thats pretty good
>>
>>2969797
I don't want to be popular or poeple giving a shit about my drawings, I want to learn to draw.
>>
>>2969868

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnQTh8Bl8Vs

>140k subs from making videos shitting on mspaint kodyboy555 tier work

Whos the target audience for this? How is this even possible.
>>
File: 4t3.jpg (840KB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
4t3.jpg
840KB, 4128x3096px
>>2969854
The samurai read our books and steal from our past 1950s era illustrators. They know the importance of loomis and this youtube chick does not. Subscribers doesn't mean a thing if her view count averages out at about ~1500 views.
>>
>>2969889
A different generation from yours is why you don't understand. It's called getting older.
>>
>>2969854
Are you genuinely retarded? You can apply the method however you want. Realistic proportions, western superhero type proportions, cutesy anime proportions, cartoon proportions, whatever. You still draw a circle to establish the cranium and then add a jaw and do some quick guidelines to get the facial features aligned properly.
>>
>>2969797

Yea, I learned it the hard way.
>>
File: 1486710418755.jpg (161KB, 499x632px) Image search: [Google]
1486710418755.jpg
161KB, 499x632px
>>2969854

>it's another retard who just copied Blokes out of a book and got butthurt

It's always easy to spot the people who couldn't grasp the basic concepts he was trying to get across in language a baby could understand.
>>
what if you did fun with a pencil combined with some how to draw anime book (one that isn't total trash) so you were drawing cute anime grills instead of 1950's potato men?
>>
>>2969990
For what purpose? When we refer to loomis we're referring to his methods and that they're universal in a lot of texts. More than likely the same h2D book will have loomis techniques in a more abstract manner.
>>
>>2969797

Sinix never used Loomis or opted for construction approach and he is good. He just copied a lot and made adjustments and experimentations on his own, also interact IRL with other artists.

I restauracja my case.
>>
>>2970007
https://youtu.be/QBv5z0Y2odE
sinix does use construction, just fairly unconventional construction
>>
>>2969990
I genuinely am getting sick of drawing 1950s potato men. feel with me.
>>
File: w.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>2969868
>>2969889

His criticisms are so superficial, anatomy, perspective etc.

And he's always criticizing MSPaint shit on DeviantArt, basically the low hanging fruit.

Call it a hunch, but I don't think he's very good at art and critique desu.
>>
>>2970045
Then pick up a different book on head construction. It's not like Loomis is the only option here.
>>
>>2969889
>who's the target audience for this

We are

>draw threads take a week or more to fill out
>kodyboy "no progress LOL" threads reach the post limit within 5 hours
>>
File: 1445181109734.jpg (191KB, 638x826px) Image search: [Google]
1445181109734.jpg
191KB, 638x826px
>>2970045
Then stop reading fun with a pencil for the 1241234 time you fucking autist. Loomis presents you with a method to do a basic head construction that is simple yet effective so you can draw any type of head in any type of style in proper perspective. Just how fucking stupid are people who unironically do nothing but copy the FWAP cartoon heads and then complain about Loomis?
>>
60k subs is NOTHING
>>
>>2970081
I'm making my way through drawing the head and hands, doing all the exercises, it's tiresome but I do feel like it's beneficial, I'm not hating on loomis.
>>
>>2970032

He doesn't, he doesn't use guidelines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymp3748rXEE

Basically anti-Loomis/Robertson.
>>
>>2970094
>>2970032
in the end, in art whatever works for you works.
most people use construction because its easy and their brains can work with it. some people don't and it works for them.
that's all there is to it, find what works for you, try new things.
>>
File: 1467539773648.jpg (574KB, 1152x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1467539773648.jpg
574KB, 1152x1645px
>Loomis
>Not Vilppu
>>
>>2969797
end of the day when you draw it's what makes you happy
>>
>>2970007
His drawings look flat, probably from the lack of 3D construction
>>
>>2970032
Why do these art fags always sound like they're about to burst into tears?
>>
>>2970446
you asked that in the other thread
>>
>>2969800
Well Edwards is wrong on this one.

You're supposed to draw the model. Draw IT.
What is the model, what is its essence that you're trying to capture with your drawing? Is it a bunch of precisely measured angles and negative spaces?
It's a human, a living breathing godly creature with emotions to feel and stories to tell, a complex machine of muscle and bone with a singular purpose of achieving its desires, capable of reproduction, regeneration, and immense power, full of love and empathy, presenting itself to you as a mirror of the fucking humanity itself.

So ask yourself again - is a bunch of angles and distances the essence of it?
Don't copy, analyze.
>>
File: 1280656834521.jpg (9KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
1280656834521.jpg
9KB, 200x242px
>>2969797
how does this discredit loomis?

if all were gonna do is measure who has more numbers, then loomis should win since he sold more books than she has subs and views combined.
>>
>>2969890
I like this desu.
Although some heads are kinda weird, like back center and far left especially.
>>
>>2969797
Yeah of course, you can draw mediocre animushit, get lucky and be more succesful than those artists that spent their lives studying and drawing perfectly.

But what a lot of d/ic/ks don't undertstand is that for every shitter who made it there are countless more who failed. Exactly because is easy everyone can make it.

It's all matter of luck. But for those who don't feel like waiting for that 0,1% chance of success the best option is gitting gud enough to find an actual job in the industry or being noticed by standing on top.
>>
It call "sketch", OP.
Anybody here can do this.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.