[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People keep telling me it's too fast

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Time-capsule-tumbs-2.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Time-capsule-tumbs-2.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
This short took roughly 200+ hours and every 3rd person says it's too fast and I will address it, but is it tho?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rzTlnBmQPo
>>
>>2969599
no
>>
>>2969599
its really boring and i don't know what the fuck is going on
>>
it's too fast
>>
>>2969599
Absolutely trash. What was even the purpose/story behind this? I didn't get it, it was boring, and I'm glad it was fast so it was over quicker.
>>
>>2969599
Fast isn't the right word. You need to linger some frames a little more at the right spots. It's too messy.

Like playing music, it's not enough to play the nodes in the right order.
>>
File: Ed0Lbdw.gif (2MB, 330x312px) Image search: [Google]
Ed0Lbdw.gif
2MB, 330x312px
>>2969599
> 200+ hours

I am so sorry, but >>2970499 is right.
>>
>>2969599
Nice work. I don't think the speed is an issue at all.

My piano teacher told me a difference between a beginner and an advanced artist is phrasing. Beginners focus only on what they're doing at the moment, but advanced artists always see the big picture, the big phrase, and move their melody smoothly from one bar to another. A phrase is like a sentence, it ends with a dot, not a break between the words.

She said it about music but it works for animation as well, your individual scenes are separated instead of being parts of one big sentence, one big statement.
>>
>>2970507
the cold reality hit say thanks to your piano teacher from me
>>
>>2970506
I felt bad for saying it so harshly but goddamn, 200+ hours? That's just sad.
>>
>>2970499
thanks for watching, tldr: same ppl who make weapons can make art and vise versa
>>
>>2969599
>200+ hours
fuck.
i'm hesitant to critique this because that's a pretty substantial amount of time.

it's not too fast. it's just too mechanical.
the best way I could describe the issue is that you aren't really "animating", you're just kinda drawing a bunch of disjointed images in sequence with no regard to how they should actually be conveying movement.
>>
>>2970518
Don't take peeps on /ic/ too seriously, this board is almost purely based around criticism of technical skill. Technique is important, but it will come with time. You have ideas and passion and you finished a thing, those are skills that are harder to substitute. Put in mileage, lots of it, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>2970506
no I'm sorry for wasting your time
>>
File: 6GdZC.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
6GdZC.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>2970568

You're too nice OP, I feel like shit.
>>
OP I know how hard animation is so I'm not gonna be a total dick.

You dedication to this project is honestly amazing. Is this your first animation work? How did you do it, are you in school?

I could offer some advice based on your answers. I'm agreeing with >>2970556 for it being too mechanical and disjointed.
>>
File: WIN_20170326_13_33_39_Pro.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170326_13_33_39_Pro.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2970578
I've done cinemagraphs and short 5second loopy bits here and there but never this elaborate or detailed.

So I've expected nothing but being shit at the first major animation project. This was part of my thesis for the past 14 weeks and I've had to collaborate with a senior professor at uni.

The morphing bits are all animated in AE except the mech that was modeled, riggged and animated in Cinema4D which I strongly suggest to all begs and the girl parts like intro and outro is handrawn scanned and animated on 2s

I like /ic because often there's care for what people say and the Sticky is just bloody perfect. SO im open to criticism I've obviously gotten tunnel vision and can't look at this toon objectively. There's really no way to offend me because criticism helps me grow and see things I've never thought of on my own
>>
File: 1494201972593.jpg (111KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494201972593.jpg
111KB, 640x480px
>>2970570
dont even trip dog you can't control how you feel
>>
File: tomato.jpg (3MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
tomato.jpg
3MB, 5000x5000px
>>2970567
Thank you kindly, you're the embodiment why I lurk these woods. level headed articulate full sentences.
>>
>>2969599
You can clearly do the animation... kind of, but you need to work more on the concept. Why sink 200 hours of work into something that just isn't very interesting to watch? Next time try storyboarding out some different ideas and show them to people until you make something that's enjoyable to watch. Something with a story, and some interesting visual effects.

Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHdBxYeYTtk

About the same length as yours yet infinitely more entertaining to watch. Compare your transitions, like from the building to the pen, to the transition from the ghost to the chain. Tell me which you think is more interesting to watch.

Of course this was made by an animation god, but check out the direction in addition to the animation. No matter how good your animation is, if it's used to animate something boring and uninteresting, it's a waste of time.

Oh, and try to animate on the beats. You have music in your video, but it doesn't really interact with the animation at all. Notice how in the betty boop cartoon everything moves in time to the beat.
>>
>>2969599
Your staging is crap. People are supposed to know what your thing is about when they watch it once. This is a girl drawing as you hear fap sounds then it's just random Vector graphics moving around with a shoehorned theme in there. And when you do a music video, always animate to your music, isotherm you torture the senses of your audience. The Discuss not Fight sign is the thing that happened too quick. But the whole thing is crap, so the less people even notice your bullshit message, the better.
>>
>>2970735
>isotherm - a line on a map connecting points having the same temperature at a given time or on average over a given period.

+1 vocab
>>
>>2969599
its too fast
>>
>>2969599
I would change the "Discus(s) not fight" caption on the sign at the end. It kind of doesn't work with the message of the short. Maybe change it to something like "make art not war" or whatever. Or even have a picture on there rather than words. Good luck anon.
>>
>>2969599
You are willing to work, you are willing to improve.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.