[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique for Beginners

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

File: cockatoo.jpg (90KB, 697x960px) Image search: [Google]
cockatoo.jpg
90KB, 697x960px
Other thread is dying. How do I fix mu god awful construction and perspective?

Have never taken a serious art class. Want to get back into drawing since it'll help my major (architecture).
>>
File: cockatiel.jpg (291KB, 2048x1487px) Image search: [Google]
cockatiel.jpg
291KB, 2048x1487px
op here, dumping what I have.

this is one I'm more proud of, but I do acknowledge that the construction is weak compared to the standards of this board. i like to focus on small details and rendering. probably took me about 1.5-2 hours.
>>
File: crow.jpg (63KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
crow.jpg
63KB, 960x528px
>>2969251

i did this one quickly in about 30 minutes (was bored in class). i'm not particularly proud of this one because even the finer details are executed poorly. i cut a lot of corners here.
>>
File: crows.jpg (275KB, 2048x1487px) Image search: [Google]
crows.jpg
275KB, 2048x1487px
>>2969252

did this one a couple years back. probably about 1-1.5 hours to do but i don't like it at all.
>>
File: pred.jpg (200KB, 2048x1487px) Image search: [Google]
pred.jpg
200KB, 2048x1487px
>>2969253

another quick sketch i did in about 45 minutes. this was a few years back and i tried to get the anatomy right but i did not used references. i almost never use references but i know i should from now on.
>>
File: t800.jpg (69KB, 697x960px) Image search: [Google]
t800.jpg
69KB, 697x960px
>>2969255

this one im pretty ashamed of. you can tell i did the head first and just rushed the body out of laziness. didnt even think to used construction here or any kind of planning. probably took me about 45-60 minutes.

that's all i got, some of the few ive saved.
>>
I like you birdanon, but just post in the sketchbook thread, please.
>>
>>2969255
>>2969253
why are you posting sketchs you did a few years back? dont you get disgusted when you look at them? don't you think you have improved enough to put those in the trash?

do you think these need critic? can't you look at them and tell whats wrong?
>>
>>2969260

because i haven't been drawing seriously in years. i only really do it when im bored to tears but im trying to get back into it. i dont think i really improved that much and plus i want to improve in every area i can.
>>
It is perfectly fine that op made a new thread, he posted like 10 pictures.

It is also easier to give advice if you can see more than one piece of work.
>>
File: butter face.jpg (3MB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
butter face.jpg
3MB, 4000x4000px
>tfw too lazy to fix the messed up alignments and linear dodging the shit out of it
>>
ill take a stab at a suggestion, no promises on it being very useful

id suggest thinking of a drawing as a whole, it looks like you spend a lot of time on particular parts of a drawing so you'll end up with a bird with a head that's to big for its body >>2969246
or birds with wings that are too small>>2969253

maybe try making loose/quick sketches where you try making a figure look right. if you start making something to big or too small, fix it till its right
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 200x300px
>>2969253
I like the bobblehead style as a form of ornament or comedy... but the feathers appear like a thick fur.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.