[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how i make this color efect in photoshop? i know is something

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: krenz-cushart-vicr2.jpg (172KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
krenz-cushart-vicr2.jpg
172KB, 600x849px
how i make this color efect in photoshop?

i know is something about gradient maps and inverting some shit but dont have any idea. i see a guide in this boards months ago,
>>
File: 1480961509719.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1480961509719.png
126KB, 309x313px
>>2968813
>He doesn't know about filters
>>
File: tutorial.jpg (947KB, 2500x1211px) Image search: [Google]
tutorial.jpg
947KB, 2500x1211px
>>2968813
Maybe the last instruction here for skin tones? idk man.
>>
>>2968813
this isnt actually how krenz and other artists paint, this >>2968816 is more accurate

but heres a skeezy quick shitty method to fuck with your colors -

make a new gradient map adjustment layer > spectrum > set layer mode to subtract > mess with the layer flow and opacity until colors look how you want (around 15% usually)

Also to get random color splotching

new layer set to overlay > bright saturated colors and a softish/texture brush > paint random points of saturation > lower layer flow/opacity to desired result

results wont look as good as hand painting it but it can give interesting effects. Also using an overlay layer and a redish color to go over edges and exaggerate subsurface scattering.
>>
>>2968861
>but heres a skeezy quick shitty method to fuck with your colors -
>make a new gradient map adjustment layer > spectrum > set layer mode to subtract > mess with the layer flow and opacity until colors look how you want (around 15% usually)
>Also to get random color splotching
>new layer set to overlay > bright saturated colors and a softish/texture brush > paint random points of saturation > lower layer flow/opacity to desired result
>results wont look as good as hand painting it but it can give interesting effects. Also using an overlay layer and a redish color to go over edges and exaggerate subsurface scattering.
this is good, saved onto notepad

Got a good method for coloring your lines btw?
>>
what effect exactly? looks like the guy just went over the painting with the sponge tool and saturated a few places, and also made the highlights slightly turqoise
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (226KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
226KB, 600x849px
compare this, just a few strokes of sponge
>>
https://yuki.la/ic/2602036#p2603437 I saved this from last thread like this
>>
>>2969108
Wow I remember this thread
>>
>>2969110
Yeah this is one of the greatest threads in ic history.
>>
>>2969110
>>2969114

Is it weird that I have fond memories of certain threads because they anchor memories of things that happened around the time it was live? I was out in the beautiful country side that week and was painting plein air every day while cracking open cold beers, good times
>>
>>2969108
>https://yuki.la/ic/2602036#p2603437

By the way how do you save threads? Do you save the full webpage as html, copy paste the text or do screencaps?
>>
>>2969134
Just go to yuki.la/ic/ or warosu.org/ic/ and put the thread id at the end of the url, then bookmark (unless you're asking how to save it offline)
>>
>>2969108
damn I get something new from this thread every time I check it out.
>>
>>2969114
What are the other greatest threads in ic history?
>>
quality assurance was here
>>
>>2969132
It's not that weird. I remember some old /x/ threads that get brought up because of things going on in my life at the time too.
>>
File: quickndirty.png (320KB, 1746x856px) Image search: [Google]
quickndirty.png
320KB, 1746x856px
>>2968861
Made a screencap of this for convenience for myself but figured i'll share it in case its more convenient for someone else too.

If i saved it in a notepad file i'd never look at it again but i'm always flipping through my pictures.
>>
>>2969182
btw, if you set a hue/saturation layer to affect that layer you can slide it around to find colors you like and cancel out or saturate individual colors
>>
>>2968813

Learn about broken colors, adjust color jitter of your brushes, and you're done OP.
Use color dodge tool too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.