[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are gay artists the best artist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_0756.jpg (90KB, 517x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0756.jpg
90KB, 517x707px
Are gay artists the best artist?
>>
Are faggot OPs the worst OP?
>>
>>2968504
They're the only OPs
>>
>>2968368
I guess so. I mean Illastrat is the best artist of all time and he sucks dick.
>>
>>2968368
They usually have a terrible childhood / a hard time to fit in so they stay at home alone and draw the whole day

so yes
>>
>>2968368
I was talking about art with my gay friend. Dude works like a machine, so I asked him about it. To summarize, when you gotta repress the gay to avoid getting bullied/shamed by parents, you channel all that frustration into drawing naked dudes and studying.
>>
>>2968773
Funny you mention this. I was going to say Mike and Lenny were buttrams and they focused their repressed sexual urges into art.
>>
>>2968368
well look at you. you're a faggot and a bad artist. bad luck
>>
>>2968368
I'm not fucking gay you stupid fucks.

I am not going to fuck anyone with a dick.

what the fuck is your obsession with this? WHY? Why why why why why why do you want me to ass fuck someone this badly?

I straight up refuse to do it. I won't, no matter fucking what.

Actually, you know what? You deliver adderall to my front step before 9pm tonight and I'll do it. Cross my heart and hope to die. No placebos, no weakened doses, no XR bullshit.

if you don't, I won't do it.
>>
>>2968368
Kind of looks like someone applied the plastic filter in Photoshop after messing with it enough
>>
>>2968368
Fags may paint the most beautiful art in the world or whatever but I will still despise them.
>>
>>2969236
and no one gives a shit about you, so there you go
>>
>>2968368
pretty funny seeing people insult leyendecker because they think the op is gay lol
>>
Leyendecker had a neat painting style but the facial anatomy and proportions are pretty off in OP's picture. Eyes are too big and the alignment of the mouth isn't correct. The mouth just doesn't seem to rest on a form at all.

Also I'm sure the majority of artists people consider great are straight.
>>
>>2969316
His painting are stylized.

A majority of great artists is gay yasss henny. Dancers, actors, illustrators, fashion dancers are gay jobs... no tea no shade.

It seems stereotypical but gays are attracted to the arts period. Not saying there are no straight people.

I mean there are gays who is a wrestler, rugby player etc but that is the minority.

The art belongs to the gays.

It's funny coz many people and history books tried it.

Tried to STRAIGHT WASH artist. Esp old masters.

Leonardo, Sargent etc were straight washed until later on.
>>
STRAIGHT WASHING NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 450x600px
>>2969256
Did you realize that you could buy Leyendecker originals for less than $100 in the 1950's? I'm not saying that's what he's worth but his career experienced several reappraisals.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 365x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 365x328px
>>2969316
>the eyes are too big and the alignment of the mouth isn't correct. The mouth just doesn't seem to rest on a form at all.
Isn't that the Norman style... Big eyes and horse teeth? Probably best evinced by Disney.
>>
>>2969378
Is this what they teach you in gay studies class? Oh yeah, gay washing famous artists with little proof isn't hypocritical at all.
>>
File: bush-horseplay-collage.jpg (58KB, 750x510px) Image search: [Google]
bush-horseplay-collage.jpg
58KB, 750x510px
>>2968368

I thought that it was just a rumor, but I love Harry Bush.

>>2968628

This hits really close to home. Are you stalking me OP?

>>2969236

I don't blame you, I hate myself but I can't help but adore masculine men.

>>2969378

Repression is a huge bonus when you think about it. They obsessively stick with a craft while trying not to reveal themselves. I think that their quality would drop as it becomes less taboo.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 500x670px
Our society uses sexuality as a kind of smokescreen for a roundabout conversation on race. Like Theodore Roosevelt, I can relate to Leyendecker's German-Irishness but not to his sexual proclivities. As a kid I thought a lot about order, appearance and cultural etiquette and that's all that's required for an aspiring artist. Anything else is hearsay or distortive propaganda.
>>
File: image.jpg (285KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285KB, 1200x1800px
>>2969378
There's no evidence that J.S. Sargent or Da Vinci were homosexuals. In fact if Da Vinci took in female prostitutes ("Catharina") that may be an argument against it.
>>
>>2969431
the evidence is in the art, for sargent anyway, da vinci they had different attitudes about who could model and the primacy of the male figure, but in sargents time female nudes were far and away the norm and yet he did one chick for every 10 dudes unless it was for work, plus you just need to look at his drawings to tell he was into that.
>>
>>2969465
Maybe Sargent was so straight he was shy around women. See how retarded this is?

I'd like to see these "art historians" guess if a living artist is gay or not based on on their at.

Sexuality of people has been a non-issue until recently and this nonsense needs to stop especially when it is regarding dead people.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 682x1024px
>>2969465 #
There's an argument there but there's no definitive proof. There were fewer unmarried women and fewer open marriages in Sargent's time, so that has to be considered as a contemporary hazard of procuring models as well.
>>
>>2969488
yes yes, obviously it's not proof, but come on

anyway i found an interesting article about it,

http://www.artnews.com/2001/05/01/the-hidden-sargent/

it mentions jews, and how he was known as 'the painter of jews' so trigger warning.
>>
>>2969389
The big eyes can be a stylistic choice I guess but the mouth just doesn't align. If there were big teeth, the entire mouth would actuallly jut out more. The misalignment is especially noticeable with the lower lip and chin. If you were to draw a line straight down the center of the face, it would show that it isn't aligned. In fact, it would be shifted to the right compared to normal proportions.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 634x392px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 634x392px
>>2969520
>yes yes, obviously it's not proof, but come on
>>
Yes, gays draw unusually beautiful men.
Thank you, gays.
>>
i think it's more like his repressed homosexuality, since he couldn't be gay in the open he had to live more inwardly and all that focus inward produced god tier homoerotic art
>>
I hate Leyndecker. Being attracted to overly conscious and noticeable style is in principle like being attracted to fads.
>>
>>2968509
Trully, all OPs are faggots but not every faggot is an OP.
>>
File: tmp_8397-a1M3O8R_700b1802368197.jpg (136KB, 682x1034px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8397-a1M3O8R_700b1802368197.jpg
136KB, 682x1034px
>>2968368

Only if it's repressed and made in a environment that promotes homophobic self-hatred or homophobic people. Mainly because they have a strong image of it being beautiful.

If it's openly accepted, then it looks bad like pic related.
>>
perhaps this is why shy people often are talented as well
>>
File: 3076579920_7a9b30f7_0618.jpg (1MB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3076579920_7a9b30f7_0618.jpg
1MB, 1400x1000px
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.