[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can mice die of fright? I was walking in a field, and a mouse

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: fieldmouse.png (400KB, 830x553px) Image search: [Google]
fieldmouse.png
400KB, 830x553px
Can mice die of fright? I was walking in a field, and a mouse came out of it's hole and started convulsing then died. I think it wasn't expecting someone to be outside it's hole. Or was the timing a coincidence?
>>
an other /an/ crossposter?
haha
>>
shoot wrong board, please delete
>>
did you draw it
>>
File: heaven.png (61KB, 559x549px) Image search: [Google]
heaven.png
61KB, 559x549px
>>2968071
best I can do on trackpad
>>
might as well make the best of the thread.

Draw the mouse, its good reference and I doubt many of you have much practice with mice anatomy.
>>
>>2968100
I'm on it senpai
>>
Well, I had a rabbit in highschool and I heard they can die of fright.

While you are here, can you draw at all anon?
>>
>>2968125
Ty, now I don't need to ask /an/.

Yep, the /ic/ tab is always open, which is why I accidentally posted here
>>
>>2968056
christ, you must be hideous then
>>
>>2968056
It's not so much dying of "fright", it's dying from stress. Granted, it could have been bitten by a venomous snake, escaped, and you just caught it when it left the hole. But yeah, they die of stress, pretty easily. My cat caught a really tiny one, and brought it home alive to play with it - it was about the size of a peanut. It got loose in the dining room, and I captured it with a plastic cup. It was cute, and i wanted to draw it, so I set up an old aquarium for it, with food, bedding, and water. 6 hours later, dead. It was eatlng and drinking 5 hours previously. Mice don't live long, anyway.

Imagine if a giant 1000 feet tall scared you, coming out of your house, you'd go into shock and have a heart attack, too.
>>
>>2968219
Must you rub it in?

>>2968257
>size of a peanut
Cute, I'd want to draw that too. Since mice are so sensitive, I thought it'd catch some scent or feel the vibrations of my footsteps coming. Pretty nice you have a cat to draw at least.
>>
Mice and rats are adorable, I wish they didn't piss and shit everywhere and that said piss and shit didn't potentially carry an incredibly deadly disease called hantavirus.

They're smart af, probably as smart or smarter than many dog breeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LMgkGesoVI
>>
>>2968309
My apartment had a mouse problem and we kept trying to trap them. Things were too damn smart to fall for any; we only caught a couple with glue traps when they slipped or panicked.
>>
>>2968315
We had a recent mouse invasion too. We had traditional style traps everywhere but they somehow found a way to circumvent them and get the food, or they just plain ignored them. I'd feel bad whenever one would get caught but they face a far more grisly death outside than in anyway. Having your neck snapped instantly is obviously preferable to getting disemboweled by a bird or something. What eventually did them in was a combination of poison food (can't outsmart that) and those sonic emitter things.

In the beginning I tried to catch them alive but that didn't end up working either. They're very impressive little creatures and can jump incredibly high and climb just about anything that isn't glass or plastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bt9Ukw1iB0
>>
>>2968056
yep, although having cats and all, pigeons die for shock way more often than mice, and rats almost never do.
>>
>>2968096
cute
>>
>>2968323
my mother has a very easy way of catching them alive

she puts a little piece of meat on one end of a toothpick, and she inserts the other end in the squishy point of a walnut. Afterwards she puts the walnut on a plank or something, and on it a heavy bowl upside down, resting with it's edge on the walnut. The meaty end of the toothpick is pointing inside the bowl.

When the mouse will come to eat the meat, it will move the walnut which in turn will make the bowl fall. Afterwards she can lift the bowl and the plank underneath at the same time to take it out and release the mouse
>>
>>2968100
how the fuck do you learn mice anatomy from drawing a dead one on the ground?
>>
>>2968750
Perfect time for dissection. How do you think the old masters did it?
>>
File: fadfda.png (57KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
fadfda.png
57KB, 480x330px
>>2968100
>>
>>2968750
How the fuck do you learn anatomy in a life drawing session?
>>
>>2969249
Noice. Snout may be slightly long
>>
>>2968775
in the beginning of the movie faust they were doing that.
>>
>>2968744
>Catching them alive
Lmao get outta the way faggot
https://youtu.be/6SIlYiiCGLI
>>
>>2969442
ooo
>>
File: mouse.jpg (110KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
mouse.jpg
110KB, 500x331px
>>2968100
>>
>>2972029
cute
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.