[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is my sketching accuracy so bad?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gitgut.jpg (109KB, 1275x615px) Image search: [Google]
gitgut.jpg
109KB, 1275x615px
why is my sketching accuracy so bad?
>>
measuring like shit

symbol drawing

not having the slightest idea on color shapes and value

don't know why you're asking, it's painfully obvious
>>
>>2967726
>symbol drawing
but bro I try so hard to get rid of that where do you see it?
>>
It isn't, you just need to pay attention to the proper construction of the elements on her face like her nose or eyes.
Try practicng they alone for a while and then go for the final piece.
>>
>>2967723
small tip, treat the hair as big shapes, not spaghetti
>>
>>2967729
My dear anon, I feel for your struggle. Let me explain -
Symbol drawing is drawing preconceptions, symbols of what you think things look like, but it goes far deeper than just drawing a fish shape for an eye.

If you see an arm and intuitivelly draw a thick contour around its outer edge, that's symbol drawing.

If you see an arm, visualize it as a cylinder, imagine the form turning away from you and then you use a thick contour to describe that form, that's not symbol drawing.

It's a shift in your way of thinking more than it is a shift in the actual procedure.

Don't draw an eye, a nose, a house or a car.
Draw form, form and form again, molded to look like whatever you're trying to draw.
>>
>>2967742
>2967742
other anon, thank you
>>
>>2967737
but then it looks like cartoon
>>
>>2967749
yours doesnt?
>>
>>2967742
another way to avoid drawing in symbols is to think about whatever you're drawing as abstract shapes of color (value, hue) fit together, also rejecting lines completely

that's what painters do
>>
>>2967749
You can't really tell individual hair apart on the reference, can you?

Didn't you then have to draw a preconception of what you think hair looks like instead of drawing what's actually on the ref?
Literal symbol drawing. Less noticeable, but still.

Watch Proko's tutorial on hair, it's pretty gud.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.