[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uc logic-Artisul 13d

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: artisul-d13-09.jpg (89KB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
artisul-d13-09.jpg
89KB, 990x660px
found a used one in my area for 300 dolar.I had never experience a display tablet before. What do you think about this tablet? Anybody work with it?
>>
>>2967382
btw.i'm aiming to use it for painting and sketching.
>>
>>2967382
lots of moneyo's, got any chance of trying one out before buying?
>>
>>2967382
If it's local ask if you can try it out.
>>
>>2967819
actually it's normal, a cintiq 13hd is 1300dolar in my country
>>
File: 14941663642360.jpg (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
14941663642360.jpg
127KB, 800x600px
Artisul 13D owner here. Ask me anything
>>
>>2969919

is it a Chinese product ? Do people are paid to review it on youtube ?
>>
>>2969930

What I remember is when it came out it strongly advertised itself as the first real competitor to a cintiq. they put a lot of effort in the build and getting the drivers to work. it is a UC Logic (chinese) tablet rebranded

They send loads of tablets to YT artists at the time to review for exposure. parkablog has a good blog review http://www.parkablogs.com/picture/artist-review-artisul-d13-pen-digitizer-display-sketch-pad

Reiq and Marc brunet probably have the best review since they have used a cintiq and give a better impression:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DeYB3O0RCg

Why did I buy it?

I started making decent money from art and really needed to upgrade from a small bamboo tablet, I wanted a Cintiq but after a lot of research couldn't justify the cost (and the fact it hasn't upgraded in specs in years at the time)
The Artisul has the following pros:

- the price
-it has a great stand (you need to buy it)
-you can power it with a usb3 port (a cintiq needs three cables and one through a power outlet, so it is not portable. this is still one huge advantage this has over a real cintiq btw and I probably would never use it with a laptop if I had to do that)
-good build
-it works as advertised
>>
>>2969978
>>2969978
These are the cons:

-Colors are 'good enough' (better than the shitty LED screen from my laptop and other cheap tablets, but not as good as a quality IPS panel display)
-cintiq is still a better build quality (from what I read)
-need to apply slightly more pressure than a cintiq (again from what I read as I've never used a cintiq)

Is it worth it? was worth it for me, it paid itself within a month
>>
I've been using a XP Pen 22 for the last while and despite the janky drivers it still works pretty well in everything except Photoshop where my lines will keep randomly get stuck turning into only straight lines until i alt tab out and back in it's very frustrating. I'm thinking about trying to install Windows 10 or even go back onto a Hackintosh to see if it runs any better because I really need photoshop to work.
>>
>>2969919
what do you think about durability? does buttons feels like able to stuck inside ?
>>
>>2969978
and how long do you use a nib? is it something easy to find new nibs?
>>
File: 14942631818930.jpg (154KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
14942631818930.jpg
154KB, 800x600px
>>2970516
>>2970520

Im rough with my equipments and this tablet seems fine regardless. The buttons are rubbery, doesnt seem like it will get stuck anytime soon but I rarely use them. But if you mean the pen side buttons they are plastic and a bit cheap (in terms of feel and click) but it work fine.

It came with a lot of nibs and I havent changed them yet (maybe I should? I dont know). Ive had this tablet for a year.

The Artisul is great brand new, but I dont know what youre gonna get second hand/used
>>
>>2971373
so, i use an intous 3 large, what do you prefer, artisul d13 or a intous 5?
>>
>>2967382
Looking at the specs, this is the closest to a Wacom Clone I've seen. Battery-less pen is a Wacom patent, but - China. The pen looks very Wacom-ish, too - and they're claiming 2048 levels of pressure, which is the Cintiq level.

All in all, the specs look great, for $300. I'd have to use one to really judge, but it hits a lot of high points - I don't know if I could go to a 13" drawing size, tho. That's the reason I got the 24" - it's about the same size as the paper I usually work on.
>>
>>2967819
I know it's a lot to you, but that comment made me laugh, when I have a $2500 Cintiq sitting next to me. :)
>>
>>2969919
Is that Corel painter
>>
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezT4-D9wcrUYvl1aNq3ydzUEFcvIfMttgAMUgCDtjDLZGgJ2bPD_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1276262
>>
>>2972787
like I said in my first post I upgraded this over a small bamboo tablet, the artisul is a huge improvement (and necessary upgrade) over that.

I've never used an intous 5 large but if you already have an intous 5, that seems like its enough to do the job. if I already had a large intous I probably wouldn't have bought a 13" display tablet, maybe a larger display tablet. thats just my opinion

>>2972975
This is only the 10" version with smaller resolution. still a decent price brand new I guess

>>2972809

MyPaint
>>
>>2973664
some review says it support tilt some says it doesn't support tilt. does yours support tilt?
>>
>>2975145
I don't have photoshop to test but I'm 99.9% sure it doesn't
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.