[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my webcomic?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: page 4.jpg (231KB, 800x1110px) Image search: [Google]
page 4.jpg
231KB, 800x1110px
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being professional, 5 being intermediate and 1 being a beginner where do I stand?

Also what areas can I improve at?
>>
I'd say a 5-6, you got the basics down, have decent looking characters, good compositions with okay manga backgrounds, but everything is way too rough and sketchy for what it is. Take the time to actually draw clean lineart/hatching, tidy up that shading and use more greys. The sketchiness of it makes it look very unprofessional and incomplete, but there is definitely potential here.
>>
10 like professional in terms of skill or in terms of viability?

If you are a 1 person doing this webcomic i'd say 4 in viability. Your style for this seems too complex if you were to regularly update it. And if you don't regularly update then your comic will probably fail. But then again it might not take you long to do this.

But in term of skills i'd say 8~7 i mean is sorta looks like the art for magi. just way more chicken scratchy.
>>
>>2967203
I actually like it
>>
>>2967227
>>2967207
>>2967204
Thanks. I like the sketchy look though
>>
Any traps?
>>
>>2967203
It's got promise, the last panel ruins it. Also work a bit more on your perspective.
>>
Is a sketch? Not a finished page?
>>
>>2967203
Overall it's good enough to get the story across but that last guy outside the frames is too poorly done.

If you start listening to what the average 4channer thinks then you would never get anywhere.

...Though personally I don't think your story seems that interesting. The dialog seems awkwardly forced.
>>
File: ic.png (413KB, 699x909px) Image search: [Google]
ic.png
413KB, 699x909px
Why does the first panel have light on the first girl if she's not even doing anything but be in the background? I thought the first dialogue bubble was by her since she's so prominent.
Dialogue flow is a bit hard to read comfortably, I went from
>Did you have a happy childhood?
to
>You're such a buzzkill
before realising the karmen rider line was there.
>Maybe...a human
Punctuation where?
And try using screentones to give your work more depth/contrast.
>>
File: pilote femina_009.png (2MB, 1630x2268px) Image search: [Google]
pilote femina_009.png
2MB, 1630x2268px
can ic rate my comic skill too ?
1/3
>>
File: oneshot touhou_005.jpg (1MB, 1299x1831px) Image search: [Google]
oneshot touhou_005.jpg
1MB, 1299x1831px
>>2967920
2/3
>>
File: pilote femina_006.png (751KB, 1358x1890px) Image search: [Google]
pilote femina_006.png
751KB, 1358x1890px
>>2967922
3/3
>>
>>2967924
your use of tones looks really messy.
>>
>>2967204
> I give it a 5 because it's not super polished

That's some shitty ass critique.
>>
File: nanatsu_no_taizai_1_16.jpg (196KB, 800x1155px) Image search: [Google]
nanatsu_no_taizai_1_16.jpg
196KB, 800x1155px
>>2967957
I gave it a 5 because it's only "okay." If a 10 means professional quality, then I'd expect a 10 to look finished, this page looks like it's sketch waiting to be properly lined. You can hardly call something professional quality if it doesn't look like the artist is actually done with the page. Everything looks decent, but not particularly great. The poses are readable but the anatomy look wonky from just how hastily done they look, like that sitting girl in panel 3. The hatching doesn't look like much effort was put into it.
The artist definitely isn't a beginner, but definitely isn't professional level. If they want to elevate their work to a 10 the first thing they should do is put their all into their art, add that extra elbow grease to make their comic pages look completed. Then once they're at the point where they're putting their best effort into their pages, we can figure out what it is they need to actually work on.
>>
>>2967203
>you buzz to much
>mmmmmmm
what?
>>
>>2967920
>>2967922

You need to work on your perspective a lot. The angle we see different object from don't match up. That gives it a very amateurish look which can't be fixed no matter how much you work on your other elements.

Next time then set up your perspective lines first and then draw on top of them. Especially the ones going into the distance that help give the impression of 3d.
>>
>>2967203
Does this mean you're open to having an assistant ink/cleanup/whatever if >>2967207 might be correct in terms of time management/scheduling?

If you do, would you care to drop an email somewhere? Thanks.
>>
>>2967203
the presentation is good enough, you just need a solid idea. you still need to practice though.
>>
speaking of webcomics critiques, what's the biggest website to post your comic, get critiques, and critique other's comics ? Preferably with some forums
>>
>>2968994
4chan
>>
>>2968995
webcomics are dead then.
>>
>>2969732
webcomics were alive?
>>
>>2971020
linewebtoons you retards. There is an audience of over 5 million.
>>
>>2967203
idk, beginner, from this one page at least the expressions of the characters are pretty clear, you can kinda tell where they are and there's an attempt at expression in terms of the layout and art, so shows a lot of promise. especially if it's like a 1 page a day type deal. if you've been doing it for ages already or it takes you a month to do a page like this then maybe you're not so hot, but even then it's not so bad that the art side will ruin the story for people who like it or anything.
>>
>>2967203
i don't remember what it's called but does anyone remember the name of that really good message board for comic art? i think it has pencil in the name..pencilhead or something
>>
>>2971047
Beginner? Are you legitimately retarded? The artwork I attached is an example of beginner art.
>>
>>2971051
that's more like a child than a beginner or a retard perhaps. and the op seems to be a beginner to me, just not retarded.

but if that's your own comic, it's very expressive and has a style of it's own so i think you should be very proud of it and not worry yourself comparing it to the OP or anyone else.
>>
>>2971070
>>2971070
It's obviously not my art. Also adult beginners draw just like children as well. So assuming someone's age based on how they draw is kinda retarded. Anyway, please post something that you consider to be of professional quality. The OP is an intermediate level not beginner
>>
File: 056a.jpg (474KB, 793x1190px) Image search: [Google]
056a.jpg
474KB, 793x1190px
>>2971076
>>
>>2967203
You need to work on your panels composition and how they follow each other for your pages to really stand out. This is pretty confusing and unpleasant to read.
All good comic book artists will tell you drawing is waaaay less important than storytelling.
Don't listen to te retards telling you to work on your lines etc... the sketchy style is fine, you just need to make sure your succesion of drawings and your dialogues flow naturally
Read a lot of comic books to really get it
>>
>>2971085
For a professional that is pretty amateurish.
>>
>>2967203
>tumbrl weebshit artstyle
>animal spirit
>le humans r most ebil
>kamen ryder
This is some of the gayest shit I've seen in a while.

kill fucking yourself cocksucking faggot/10
>>
>>2967920
your french sucks
>>
>>2967203
- Clear where everyone is in frame
- Art style is subject to be honest I'd rather have sketchy expressive lines than perfect flat ones so I mind but maybe push it a bit further
- Whats up with that round ass head at the bottom ha
>>
>>2967395
>m-muh eye flow in comics
i wish this meme would die already
it's perfectly clear what goes where and when, maybe except the 4th to 5th panel transition
>>
File: Andrei rublev dialogue.png (341KB, 1024x434px) Image search: [Google]
Andrei rublev dialogue.png
341KB, 1024x434px
>>2972114
Eye contact is overrated.
>>
>>2972114
Why would you want to make it have less flow than more? It's genuine critique, if it can be improved and you know how, improve it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.