[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my girlfriend has finally gotten her name out there a bit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: ipVchtL.jpg (217KB, 1006x1292px) Image search: [Google]
ipVchtL.jpg
217KB, 1006x1292px
So my girlfriend has finally gotten her name out there a bit and though her watercolors are amazing she says she wants to be known for her digital paintings. I am trying to convince her to do more watercolor such as the one she did in pic related. Any advice on what she should draw with her style or what else she could work on?
>>
>>2966523

Just convince her to do "mix media" with Photoshop post-processing. She will be satisfied and when she finally sees that digitalfaggotry is for incel queers there won't be any real damage.
>>
>>2966527
I actually agree with this. and yeah cool pic op. share more.
>>
But OP the picture you posted is trash
>>
File: self-portrait-1907.jpg (286KB, 804x1022px) Image search: [Google]
self-portrait-1907.jpg
286KB, 804x1022px
>>2966532
let me guess, it needs more loomis. you know it's very good for being abstract so just pipe up.
>>
op pic is genuinely not good
let me guess, when people dont like your girlfriends art its just LE HATERS XD
>>
>>2966533

You are posting Picasso and using words wrong, you do not deserve an opinion.
>>
>>2966547
what words am I using wrong?
>>
File: Bg5BBvA.jpg (74KB, 1495x1254px) Image search: [Google]
Bg5BBvA.jpg
74KB, 1495x1254px
i like her digital stuff sometimes but i think she would get more traction and whatever and actually be able to make a living as an artist if she did water color. Her digital stuff is also really not consistent in my eyes. sometimes her work is amazing and other times its just meh.this one she did is my favorite of hers digitally
>>
>>2966552
she's better than a lot of people on /ic/ and yeah I could tell from the watercolor that she had some understanding of fundementals. I think traditional stuff like in the op gets more upvotes on instagram so my advice would be to stick with that.
>>
Best bait of the week, so far.
>>
>>2966557

what bait?
>>
People like her for her watercolours because they're artsy

If she wants to be known for her digital art then her current popularity is completely worthless

People who follow artists for artsy traditional abstract stuff will not care about anything that is more representational and straightforward

If she wants to be known for her digital work all she has to do is continue doing digital work. Tell her to draw what she enjoys and eventually people will follow her to see more of that if there is an audience for it.
What's the point of creating something you don't enjoy only to build an audience that wants you to make more of it?
>>
>>2966559

this is pretty much exactly what she keeps telling me. I just want her to start getting known but she just focuses more on doing it as enjoyment. I guess i should probably see things her way, i care too much about wanting people to appreciate and see her stuff i think.
>>
If op picture is hers its trash, not because it only lacks the most basic of fundamentals but because there is nothing interesting about it.
>>
>>2966565
I think the colors are nice and you can kind of fill in the details mentally. I dont usually like vague watercolor stuff but she seems to have a decent grasp on what she's doing. but yeah "it's trash" is valuable input too.
>>
>>2966565

well she did it in like an hour and it was when she was first trying water color but i thought it was quite good. And most people seem to like it alot. and what do you mean fundamentals exactly? she was supposed to capture motion in abstract and i think it does.
>>
>>2966550
abstract
>>
>>2966574
You're confusing "abstract" with "non-objective"
>>
>>2966533
Don't bother. Some of these fags think abstract art is a jewish invention made to genocide the white race.
>>
>>2966523
>Try to make an anime girl
>But make it as messy as possible
>"Explosive Art"

What do you mean by name out there? Because seriously I don't want to offend but that painting looks it got made by a teenager.
>>
>>2966552
let's not sugarcoat it your girlfriend sucks.
this is 4chan fuckboi if you want people to praise your girlfriend's ugly shit go to facebook.
>>
The op's picture is shit, but it's clearly not made by his girlfriend. This is one of a thousand threads where the op is trying to goad us into finding the artist and shitting on her.
>>
found her tumblr.
ttp://meescool.tumblr.com
no fucking surprise she fucking sucks balls and thinks she's good just because some stupid redittors tell her she is.

image description on imgur:
"It's an abstracted piece so basically it's what the viewer sees, if I understand abstraction right. The one that was closest to my view, when I was done, was about the horrors of menstruation (laughing emoji)."
>>
File: 16feb28_nuit_blanche_red_02 (1).jpg (783KB, 1600x535px) Image search: [Google]
16feb28_nuit_blanche_red_02 (1).jpg
783KB, 1600x535px
>>2966523
Have her actually learn how to use watercolors before encouraging her to smear more gouache on printer paper
>>
>>2966680
>"It's an abstracted piece so basically it's what the viewer sees
tfw your art is so bad, it's basically like an inkblot test
>>
>>2966688
Welcome to fine art.
>>
>>2966523
Yikes, this is a sloppy mess. I don't even know where to begin critting it. Only advice I can give her is to postpone quitting her dayjob.
>>
>>2966523
no definition anywhere , muh abstract, muh style, not very good.
and yea when she switches styles her followers will not pay attention to it because they like the first stuff.
>>
>>2966523
i think she just needs to do it more, it's interesting enough, but it does look like something by someone with not much experience. if she continues on i think she'll develop into something worth seeing, if i were you i'd just offer support and encouragement.
>>
>>2966552
that's because she has no fundamental knowledge. She can't into anatomy, she can't into composition, she can't into color etc.
All around bad, if you want to help her tell her to fucking study.
>>
>>2966552
Make a living, doing what? If she's trying to get into galleries, then she should be talking to gallery people, not an art critique forum. The rules there are different, the things people here pursue don't have any value in that world.

Best of luck, but her piece is pretty pedestrian in the gallery world. That's all politics, anyway. There's really nothing anyone can tell you, here.
>>
>>2966680
>ttp://meescool.tumblr.com

Looking at that & the deviantart stuff, I still think this is bait.
>>
>>2966680
I found that, too. She's a beginning student. She's not "getting her name out there", OP is white knighting her, WAY early, before she merits attention.

Nobody is going to buy her student work, and she has a long way to go, learning.
>>
I wonder what her reaction would be, if someone told her her boyfriend is posting her work here - which is a dick move no matter what. If he's really her boyfriend. I'd laugh my ass off if he's some sorry ass loser in her class who has a crush and is trying to get info to "sweep her off her feet by making her artist dreams come true!"

Hmm...where's her contact link...
>>
>>2966523
All watercolor is trash. Oil is the most objectively superior form of traditional painting.
>>
>>2967317
>whiteknighting some shitty amateur artist no one is ever going to remember or care about
>>>/reddit/
>>
Dick move OP. Dont post your significant others mediocre artwork on 4chan of all places.

What if she saw this thread? She'd probably have her feelings hurt. Let her do her thing.

Most of the world will tell her shes special and her work is good so just leave it at that and stay off of 4chan
>>
>>2967352
Wow, you're such a nice guy for defending her! OP's girlfriend is probably going to brake up with him, and then start going out with you.
>>
>>2967345
Your life is trash. Watercolor is awesome.
>>
>>2966568
What fucking colors you uneducated mongoloid. It's muddy as fuck.

>>2966570
You are obviously deep in those sugar walls. It's nothing special.
>>
>>2967374
He's just stating the obvious. 4chan will always tell you your work is shit even if there are people who enjoy it. If it makes you happy and additionally makes others feel something, then do your thing and dont look at 4chan.
>>
>>2967394
the black red and white, it reminds me of some my chemical romance type emo band album cover. fucking get over yourself. I like it and you don't. yeah maybe op "broke the rules" by making an attention whore thread but it doesn't really matter. it serves no purose to be as hateful as your being.
>>
>>2967398
Exactly, this whole thread is not needed. She's doing her thing and people are apparently enjoying it. Not everyone needs to like same shit.
>>
>>2967398
I'm not hateful just because i dont like her girlfriends shitty art you absolute mongoloid lol
>>
>>2967417
ok I bet u are on /r/ mgtow lmao lol rekt
>>
>>2967398
>goes to the critique board
>posts bad art
What should the appropriate outcome of this situation be according to you?

>fucking get over yourself. I like it and you don't.
Saying this doesn't magically get people to think that the OP picture is unamateurish. If we should care about your opinion you could at least take the time to proofread it properly.

>>2967421
Why bother white-knighting some faggot's girlfriend' and her shitty art? You're really in no position to call anyone pathetic.
>>
>>2967317
tumblr has been posted, fucking do it!! Betas need to be shamed.
>>
>>2967310
Best post
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.