[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Body Construction / Utilizing boxes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: using boxes.jpg (128KB, 1017x786px) Image search: [Google]
using boxes.jpg
128KB, 1017x786px
Does anyone have anymore pictures regarding building body parts from boxes or simplified shapes like pic related?

A couple of days ago, I asked a couple questions in a dead thread about building bodies in various perspectives because the forms I drew seemed very off.
One anon shared this picture and suggested I utilize mannequinizing the figures and applying my knowledge of anatomy as landmarks, and I think it worked very well. But the image only really covered the torso and would love similar images/videos/links/books regarding the other parts of the body in detail as well as some advice for what I've been doing up to this point.

I'm still reading through Loomis and planning to go into Hampton and Vilppu once I finish "Figure Drawing for What it's Worth".
>>
1/2

Before I started practicing drawing the boxes in various perspectives, I tried applying it to a sketch I already started to gauge how well I could put bodies in perspective at various points on a flat plane. I numbered the bodies I added in with the box method with red numbers in the order they were added.
>>
File: box_construction_sketches.jpg (130KB, 964x1000px) Image search: [Google]
box_construction_sketches.jpg
130KB, 964x1000px
2/2

Feeling like I could stand to know more about how the box method worked I looked at the guide a bit more and started drawing isolated boxes to get a good feel of how it'd twist and turn. At the moment I'm getting a grasp on the general landmarks and how I'd draw them in various perspectives.
>>
I suggest drawing skeletons and gradually simplifying the shapes towards boxes.
>>
>>2966060
Similar to Loomis' Mannikin frame?
I figured it was simple enough to help with the box method, at first, but it didn't help me much for visualizing parts into a simple box form.
>>
File: 1491293214179.png (240KB, 366x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491293214179.png
240KB, 366x400px
I managed to find the thread I was referring to and the posts that went into some detail about landmarks and mannikins.

Reposting for other anons with similar issues to contribute to the thread.
>>2952486
>>2952904
>>2952910
>>
>>2966080
isn't a mannikin a type of bird?
>>
>>2966110
Yes, anon, you little jokester.
>>
>falling for the construction meme
>>
>>2966764
> falling for everything is a meme meme
ngmi
>>
>>2966764
>Construction
>Meme

Why are you even posting on this board
>>
I also want to know this.

Started drawing seriously a few weeks ago. Currently I am doing 'Keys to drawing' by Dodson. While it was good at the beginning (I am halfway through now) I feel like Dodson doesn't have more to say than 'Draw what you see and take comparative measurements while you draw'

While I like that he encourages drawing from life, I feel like I can't construct anything on my own. I always liked the simple construction approach. Are there any books that teach you that?
>>
>>2966921
if you just do the sighting thing for a while you get an intuitive ability to draw whatever from imagination too. construction is useful too though, idk. i feel like when you're drawing you're kinda thinking in 3d or whatever on an intuitive level anyway, and idk i almost feel like using too much of a technical approach early on might make it take longer to feel that stuff naturally. but perhaps not.
>>
>>2966902
Construction is a meme made up by art teachers so they can jew you out of your shekels.
>>
>>2967570
:O
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXMu4ugsp2M
>>
>>2967592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnH9Y0DiuPo&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>2967570
wow redpilled af
>>
>>2967592
>>2967599
it says it's private
>>
>>2967599
>>2967592
Your videos are broken, anon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.