[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my Art please

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8873.jpg (389KB, 750x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8873.jpg
389KB, 750x747px
Please give me your opinion
>>
>>2965468
What am I supposed to feel? Guide me author
>>
Its not about what you feel, its about what you see in this
>>
>>2965496
Listen, I can see something in a streetlight through my window too. But this something can be anything triggered by what's happening in my head right now. Do you mean to say that your painting and a simple streetlight have the same expressive power? That you as a painter had no intention or intellectual motion behind this painting? That me feeling something irrelevant to what this painting can express means you have succeeded?
>>
I just painted it without thinking much about it i really just tried to created something Freestyle and See what happens
>>
File: ghfh.png (2MB, 1489x747px) Image search: [Google]
ghfh.png
2MB, 1489x747px
have you been to art school?

you're making us do a ton of work here, both in inspecting your work, and giving a critique.
(unless you just want to hear "it's shit" and you're well overdue for hearing that)

jokes aside, if you're going to go ALL COLOR ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE SATURATION AAA

stick to secondary colors. all primary colors is a n00b mistake that takes piet mondrian level years to do right

also if you grayscale it, its all the same fucking color mane. its boring. there is no emphasis. i might as well be reading a newspaper article ya dig?
blacks whites. greys. SUBTLETY

BUT you know i can tell you put some heart into this. perhaps i'm one of the nicer (read: more gullible) anons here. I actually do believe anyone can make it, and that making it should be your own definition of making it.

so now imagine yourself ten years from now, and you create the same exact piece you posted. How would you feel? would you be happy with producing a piece like this? imagine a better you succeeding. you know what's a good goal? that is attainable?

>"ten years from now, I want to make artwork that I myself would judge as an improvement. Not only that, but I still like my art too."

Making it in the biz? in a gallery? that's luck, strife, human shit.
If you want my opinion, on /ic/ and posting your work here in general, you either improve your fundamentals and become better objectively, or see something that inspires you and improves your art subjectively.

go look at other artists work. work on your fundamentals.
No true artwork avoids influence or fundamentals.
not even abstract art.
>>
>>2965507
Well, to better use freestyle you need to know traditional art good. That's not a contradiction, the more you know about laws of painting and human vision the more freedom you'll eventually have to explore and play with those rules

My personal feelings about it is only that it has potential that could be developed, but not if you continue just free styling it. As I've already said, a painting needs to provide guidance using composition to make us feel something
>>
Hello people, thank you for your honest opinion, any criticism is a profit. This was my first real excursion towards abstract. Normally I make a plan in advance, but this time I wanted to try something else and see what comes out. Does not take the picture too seriously it was especially for fun. best regards
>>
>>2965538
Post your non- abstract stuff
>>
>>2965503
Sage
>>
>>2965468
Fuck it, i think it's fucking cool

Would make a great album ore something as well. just watch out it doesn't get too flashy on the eyes
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.