[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sai 2 fucking when ?!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 005.jpg (161KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
161KB, 667x1000px
Sai 2 has been in development for like 6 years and there isn't a complete version yet and the last cracked version is the beta from July of the last year

I know manga studio is superior in many things but the line art and the vector system of Sai is completely superior to any other software
>>
>>2965305
I think vector graphics are stupid and only have use in certain moments like graphic design.

Krita is way better for artists overall. Sai babies your hand too much.

Everyone i met at art school that used sai was a shit-tier animu artist that refused to even try other programs and bitched their whole way through digital painting. One even stopped using photoshop partway through the class and kept using sai instead of learning an industry standard program.

Fuck you sai babies. There's way better shit out there.
>>
>>2965305
CSP is literally sai you mong.
>>
>>2965305
>vector system of Sai is completely superior to any other software
Try CSP.
>>
>>2965334
>>2965335

You niggas know that clip studio paint and manga studio are the same program, right?
>>
>>2965352
Yes. And it still has has a great vector system and stabilization. I see no reason to go back to Sai.
>>
>>2965322
>>industry standard

Congratulations, you've been played. The industry standard is good art skills, not a program. if you honestly think that you need to have a certain program to be able to produce similar results to the rest of the industry then you've bought into a myth that adobe wants you to believe
>>
>>2965360

I think sai is better

Quick, simple and clean line art. I guess you prefer the look of traditional sketchy line art
>>
>>2965322
>T. Krita shill
go and stay go
>>
>>2965322
>Krita is way better for artists overall. Sai babies your hand too much.
Gonna need some arguments to back that shit up
>>
>>2965377
Not him, but its very helpful to use industry standards for various reasons.
Most importantly it helps working in a team with other people when everyone is using the same tools and knows what to expect, or get help with certain things.
>>
>>2965322
>krita
good goy
>>
File: awoo.png (161KB, 324x406px) Image search: [Google]
awoo.png
161KB, 324x406px
>>2965480
I've been dicking with krita for the past few months and it recently took a shit on me and acts all laggy I can't draw anything in it. Is this normal or did I fuck something up?
>>
>>2965460
Some people use "industry standard" as "this is what you need to consider yourself an artist in the industry", which is what the other guy was suggesting by saying other programs are terrible.

I agree in a team environment it's helpful, like everyone in an office being able to use excel, but for a specific purpose you might need to use another program which delivers better results, faster.

Every program has it's strengths, the idea you need to have PS to be in the industry is just autistic.
>>
>>2965493
Should I try and fix it or find a better program?
>>
File: 509.jpg (337KB, 1349x1920px) Image search: [Google]
509.jpg
337KB, 1349x1920px
>>2965460
Soejima uses sai though.
>>
>>2965493
i assume its crashed at least a dozen times making you lose all progress in the meantime?
>>
>>2965388
CSP actually has a much smoother and more comfy line stabiliser then SAI... but yeah, I still prefer to sketch and color in SAI, it's just such a fast, simple intuitive program, I just love working in it. Still use CSP and PS for some stuff, but SAI still gets the most action.
>>
File: 1409541454515.gif (2MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1409541454515.gif
2MB, 350x262px
There may be better programs than SAI but they just don't feel as good.
SAI is comfy and I don't mean it on a memeful way, SAI's UX is simply more streamlined and empirical than all other competitors
>>
File: 1472339000853.jpg (81KB, 720x579px) Image search: [Google]
1472339000853.jpg
81KB, 720x579px
>>2965604
I have been thinking lately how detrimental UIs are for productivity.

Visual clutter takes a lot of mental ram. It is a scientific fact that clutter decreases focus. Having all those buttons, knobs and options is too distracting and stressing. Maybe that's why it's easier to start drawing on paper?

SAI's UI is superior for it's simplicity, but I have seen most Pro's hide it with the TAB key anyways, so maybe it's better to migrate to CSP and hide the UI.
>>
The only thing I hate with SAI is the layer system being capped at like ~150 or something. I know you REALLY don't need that many layers in the first place but other programs like Flash just have it work like how your folders work on any computer ever and since folders in SAI COUNTS as a "layer", just trying to organize your layers into a neat package when your drawing consist of ~10+ characters with like ~10 unique colors each can add up real fast and it will in the end, force you to flatten everything into one layer, sacrificing the possibility of fixing anything you missed or just having the lineart/shading separated for convenient. It's not something major, just something that would be convenient to have a thing.

Also the blend modes being as diversive as PS would be a GODSCEND and would make PS utterly useless desu. The only thing about PS to care about, and maybe the filters but if you HAVE to use those things (i.e, le corroboration meme) then you should just consider yourself a shitty person and fuck off from art.
>>
>>2965536
Wait a second, is that the bath-house in P5 ? I know that Yongen-Jaya is based on the IRL Sangen-Jaya, but hey, never been to Japan.
Pretty damn impressed that they even got that much right.
>>
>>2965305
>the line art and the vector system of Sai is completely superior to any other software
no, it's not, you moron.
you are just more used to the brushes feel than that of other software.
technically speaking, SAI is pretty shit.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.