[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls Designs

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: b2dd052b8d9ffc8bc5ab2fdcbd85c9ae.jpg (132KB, 920x1100px) Image search: [Google]
b2dd052b8d9ffc8bc5ab2fdcbd85c9ae.jpg
132KB, 920x1100px
Can we all agree Dark Souls has god-tier character design? The bosses and characters are unique as fuck.

Which other video games come to mind when you think of truly great character design?
>>
>>
Why can't we have a containment board for videogame concept art faggotry?
>>
>>2964684
A concept art general might do the trick.
>>
>>2964695
Then let this be the concept art general for now. Could not find any thread about it on /ic/
>>
>>2964677
love the enemy designs for bayonetta especially! or maybe i'm just a sucker for detailing (it always looks so good in-game).
>>
>>2964677
I love Dark Souls, and I've been playing Souls games since Demon's Souls. And I have to disagree, personally.

I think they're trying too hard with the designs, it's started to feel very contrived.

Artorias looks badass, and a few designs besides him here and there look genuinely cool, but most of the time I think they try too hard to be grotesque and end up losing my interest.

Demon's Souls feels like it has the most genuine designs, in my opinion. They just did their thing there. But after that, I feel like they kept trying to outdo themselves with each installment and gradually lost sight of what made their designs so interesting.

Bloodborne looks really good to me, too. Dark Souls 3 looks very boring by comparison.

Again, just my opinion.
>>
>>2964722
I have to disagree slightly. Demons Souls and Dark Souls do seem to be the ones with the best designs for me.

While it is true Dark Souls is a bit more grotesque than Demons Souls, I believe it did its job well, by making enemies that you fear dying to, because they convey so much power over you.
I do believe that 2 and 3 got pretty boring designs. Especially 2, it just has "a very big guy in armor" for like 2/3 of the game.
>>
>>2964720
Have not played Bayonetta, but from what I've seen from gameplays, it looks fuckin amazing
>>
>>2964684
>>2964695
>Why can't we have a containment board for videogame concept art faggotry?

Because you have nothing to say here and these threads are perfectly legitimate.

Also, let's just take a moment and appreciate the sheer stupidity of elitist fucks for wanting a long running general thread or new board entirely as "containment" for threads that pop up on such an irregular basis that you could just hide them once and then be done with it for the next 2-3 months.
>>
>>2964677
Who were the people behind the Dark sousl design though? Anyone actually read the credits?
>>
>>2964677
Dark Souls is inspired by Berserk by the way.

The more you know...
>>
>>2964677
I think it's great how they designed almost all armor sets equally detailed, but not particularly overdone.

I prefer to play with rags and low weight equipment, which usually looks kind of cool even if it's shit tier in game items. While at the same time the late game items aren't super ridiculous with huge amounts of spikes or world of warcraft shitty shoulder pads.

I don't think it's particularly unique though. Neither do I find bosses or npc's to be anything special when it comes to the art.
>>
>>2965205
It was inspired by many things, including Berserk.

Duke's Archive's were inspired by Harry Potter, which is why it has that moving stairs puzzle.
>>
>>2965205
everyone one with an internet connection knows that.
>>
>>2964684
How's the imagination drawing, Proko?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.