[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay /ic/ there is a question that i made since a friend tell

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1487577424197s.jpg (4KB, 152x206px) Image search: [Google]
1487577424197s.jpg
4KB, 152x206px
okay /ic/ there is a question that i made since a friend tell me about her first day of art school, her teacher says her "you must forget your aniem style", that was kinda hilarious because her style was like tim burton and really far away to be anime, i guess but back to the first topic, why some art teachers that? and how to GTFO of the anime style and "git gud"?

PD:image not related
>>
>>2964655
OP here
edit: why some art teachers say that we must forget about our anime style?
>>
those who can't do teach
>>
>>2964655
Because you should focus on the fundamentals in fundamental classes. Without knowing what class she was taken I can't give you much more of a response than that.

What I hated is I don't draw anime I draw a western cartoon style so I had trouble doing realistic faces too but he kept saying "too anime." Fuuuu.
>>
in basic classes, they want students to be as realistic as possible, but beyond that, art teachers tend to get anal about what they consider to be "anime"
>>
As much as I hate the term symbol drawing, it basically applies here.
People who draw anime art as beginners typically have a lack of understanding on the human body. They just draw what looks correct, which can be very close, but it lacks underlying understanding of the structure. And as their teacher they want you to understand the structure instead of relying on looking correct.

Plus they deal with tons of weeb artists who'll never make it or improve and just take up room in the class with their "Art"
>>
>>2964659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUs9R3F-R8
>>
>>2964660
kek
>>
>>2964660
I was going to post something along that line.
Most art teachers are those who failed. They are also unbelievably biased and tactless people.
Instead of being more specific she gave a vague "forget your anime style" line.
>>2964725 would be a good instructor because he went in to detail as to "why", but it's not uncommon for art teachers to spout vague critiques and leave it at that.
You don't have to "forget" anything when it comes to art instead you should expand.
There are cartoonist out there who have very basic minimalistic art styles yet they also have a great grasp on fundamentals and fine art style drawing. You'd never know because their fine art drawings never drew them a dime while their simplistic cartooning has them with millions.
What I'm getting at is, it won't hurt to learn more and put the anime drawing on the back burner. It might even enhanced your anime style.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.