[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electric blue

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 19391_0_1.jpg (39KB, 685x566px) Image search: [Google]
19391_0_1.jpg
39KB, 685x566px
Alright my d/ic/s:

Oil paint. How do you mix the most vibrant blue possible? I mean like neon electric shock blue. Cuz fuck if i know...

Ngmi
>>
>>2964653
just use Pthalo Blue or Ultramarine... as soon as you mix it into something it'll lose it's chroma.
>>
>>2964653
What's with the electricity shit?

Green Mile?

I absorb everyone's fucking disease and sadness? I'm a blackhole of sadness and misery so others can be happy?

That's fucked.
>>
>>2964653
grimes song "California" is about me, right?

you all only like me when I'm sad?

I'm fucking downright suicidal. The world must be close to absolute destruction then.
>>
>>2964653
Probably pthalo and some titanium white.
Cobalt might hack it too.

Dude just make some swatches. Spend an hour trying out different combos.
>>
You take the two highest chroma colors that are closest to the tone you want in a color wheel. You're never going get a mix that's more vibrant than the paint you started with; each time you add something to the mix, lighten it or darken it you are essentially dirtying in the color and by consequence dulling it. Keep that in mind when mixing.
Start with a good quality tube of Phthalo Blue (I recommend Rembrandt), and work from there.
>>
Yeah, I've been experimenting and I've come up with some good ones but oil paint seems to always come up short in terms of chroma when viewed next to some acrylics.

I still prefer oils, and seldom need a high high chroma color.

I ran into this with ultramarine awhile back, too...
>>
File: image.jpg (400KB, 1089x1540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
400KB, 1089x1540px
>Powell's Colour Mixing Recipes for Oils
>>
>>2964653
what the fuck is ngmi?
Not gonna make it?
you fuckers are memeing this shit now?
>>
>>2964653
Op so here's what you do:
Layer up some titanium white. Get it 100% opaque. do two layers.

Next, use pthalo or ultramarine (harding) and (if necessary) lighten it by mixing with safflower or poppy. Paint that over the white.

Don't forget to contrast it with an overall low-key
>>
>>2965648
I'm going to try this.
>>
use cobalt blue...
>>
>>2964702

white always decreases chroma.

>>2964703
this person knows what's up
>>
https://youtu.be/3IJLXYz4FME?t=160
>>
>>2965750
I forgot to mention that you should let the layers dry before adding the next, just in case you don't already know that. Don't forget fat over lean etc.

Though, depending on your subject and how long you want the painting to last, cracks in your blue that have titanium white showing through might make it even more 'electric'.

Report back with your results in a couple months.
>>
>>2966381
thats nice, thanks
>>
>not making your own color and trademarking its name
>>
>>2965648
yea, glazing is the key, look at the woman pouring milk by vermeer, it's achieved by glazing. ultramarine is best for yves klein kind of blue but phtalo is more transparent due to its pigment being smaller
>>
>>2968826
and pure phtalo blue usually looks a bit tacky, like beginner kind of shade
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.