[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best video series on painting light?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Best video series on painting light?
>>
Read a book you lazy fat fuck
>>
>>2963748
I'd rather watch someone's process.
>>
>>2963769
Thats why youll never make it
>>
>>2963746
CGpeers usually has good stuff
>>
If you understand values, you won't need to study light specifically, in that case, a book would be enough.
>>
Draw
From
Life
>>
>>2963748
>>2963942
Any good books on painting?
>>2965656
Any good books on drawing from life?
>>
>>2965769
not trying to be rude or whatever, but are you inept?
just draw from life ffs
and a word of advice, fail first, study second.
>>
>>2966005
Pretty acurate advice. I usually figure out whats next on my study list by failing
>>
>>2966007
Yeah man right on
The whole ic mentality of "you have to study x and y for x amount of time before even attempting drawing what you like drawing" is so fucking whack.
Just draw what interest you, analyze your mistakes, study then try again
>>
>>2966036
>The whole ic mentality of "you have to study x and y for x amount of time before even attempting drawing what you like drawing" is so fucking whack.
Holy shit, this. Where did they get this idea? It's crazy and is somehow still around for years.
>>
>>2966037
Can't speak for everyone who believes that but I think it has to do with the fact that too few of them like the act of drawing rather than the end result. They enjoy making good art but don't enjoy the process of simply drawing.
Which I think makes people scared of failing who then try to eliminate the chance of failure by studying everything, which will just come and bite them in the ass later on.
If anyone who thinks like I described earlier mind telling us why you think like that?
>>
>>2966005
Drawing from life doesn't teach you certain techniques for achieving the effect though when it comes to painting, especially digital painting. God you guys are fucking retarded broken records.

Drawing from life is not the end-all be-all lesson.
>>
>>2966037
It started as a meme with "Loomis" which still persists but some people, usually people who can't actually draw themselves, clung to it as gospel.
>>
All painting is painting light, this thread doesn't mean any sense
>>
>>2966092
Mind being more specific with what life doesn't teach?
>>
>>2966111
In terms of digital art it doesn't teach you how to replicate certain effects you see common in concept art. It's extremely hard to study otherworldly lighting in life.

Yes learning from life is important but it's not the literal only thing to study from. Anyone who thinks that needs to post their own art right now and prove it's all you need.
>>
>>2966111
Life doesn't really teach you anything that you aren't actively looking for. An artist can draw from life for decades without gaining any real understanding of what he is drawing, He's just getting better at copying.

Drawing from life was never in the entire history of art meant as a self-sufficient exercise that requires no additional teaching whatsoever. Artists have always used drawing from life as a way to gain a deeper understanding over the concepts they were taught by their masters.
>>
>>2966153
>>2966156
>>
>>2966172
Post your own art, anon.
>>
>>2966172
Are those all the same girl?
>>
>>2966178
No need, he is right, nature is a good teacher in terms of drawing/painting/creating, but if you want to learn how to use photoshop you'll won't read is in the leaves.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.