[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Painter-In-Chief

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (66KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 650x432px
Are those DaVinci brushes I see? Can /ic/ get an AMA with Bush?
>>
>Bush is making more art gains that you are
Fug
>>
great, his mediocrity will echo through all of eternity because people want to own "part of history"
>>
>mixes on the table instead of making his own tubes of paint
I just don't know about that man
>>
>Hitler was better than you
>Churchill was better than you
>Bush is better than you
How is it possible?
>>
>>2963566
>>2963573
How the fuck is Bush better than you? The dude is pretty shit esp. considering that he has professional tutors come in and help out. He uses a grid and can only draw from photos yet he still fucks up the proportions.

Churchill and Hitler were actually decent, Churchill more so than ol' Adolf.
>>
File: image.jpg (317KB, 1000x1244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317KB, 1000x1244px
They're fairly decent, the only criticism I would make is that the skin tones seem a little warm... but then maybe Iraq just happens to leave you looking sun-kissed?
>>
>>2963582
probably was the thermite in the towers
>>
>>2963582
Actually these are reproduced well.
>>
>>2963578
I find the process of getting gud at painting, i.e. Painting apples in isolation, super boring
>>
>>2963562

kek this reminds me of illastrats work
>>
>>2963578
>How the fuck is Bush better than you?
I ask myself this every day.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 749x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 749x499px
>>2963597
I wonder if you have what it takes to make it in this world anon.

*fat frown*
>>
>>2963578
Churchill paintings are shit.
>>
>>2963597
I find painting single fruit super non-boring.
It must be your style that is boring.
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 864x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 864x576px
Lyndon Johnson was committed to making the arts a national priority and did so during his Presidency. Here is an excerpt of his remarks at the Signing of the Arts and Humanities Bill on September 29, 1965:

"We in America have not always been kind to the artists and the scholars who are the creators and the keepers of our vision. Somehow, the scientists always seem to get the penthouse, while the arts and the humanities get the basement.

Last year, for the first time in our history, we passed legislation to start changing that situation. We created the National Council on the Arts.

The talented and the distinguished members of that Council have worked very hard. They have worked creatively. They have dreamed dreams and they have developed ideas.

This new bill, creating the National Foundation for the Arts and the Humanities, gives us the power to turn some of those dreams and ideas into reality.

We would not have that bill but for the hard and the thorough and the dedicated work of some great legislators in both Houses of the Congress. All lovers of art are especially indebted to Congressman Adam Clayton Powell of New York, to Congressman Frank Thompson of New Jersey, to Senator Lister Hill of Alabama, to Senator Claiborne Pell of Rhode Island, to many Members of both the House and Senate who stand with me on this platform today--too many names to mention.

But these men and women have worked long and hard and effectively to give us this bill. And now we have it. Let me tell you what we are going to do with it. Working together with the State and the local governments, and with many private organizations in the arts:

--We will create a National Theater to bring ancient and modern classics of the theater to audiences all over America.

--We will support a National Opera Company and a National Ballet Company.

--We will create an American Film Institute

>and it goes on like this
Where were you when LBJ failed at the things that actually matter?
>>
>>2963566

keep in mind he doesn't have to work a job and is retired and has nothing but time on his hands
>>
>>2963562
Are those Winton tubes? He really needs to buy better paint.
>>
File: seen_some_shit.jpg (24KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
seen_some_shit.jpg
24KB, 500x616px
>>2963562
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 440x440px
>>2964635
>OMG
How is he going to make it now?
>>
>>2963603

dubya is way better tho
>>
File: img_9230.jpg (142KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
img_9230.jpg
142KB, 1280x960px
>>
File: img_9230.jpg (174KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
img_9230.jpg
174KB, 960x1280px
>>
>>2963578

Hitler was garbage though, he couldn't draw a human face, let alone a body, to save Nazi Germany
>>
>>2964041
On /ic/ with other bitter and depressed artfags who hope to one day make it. What the fuck is wrong with people though and not being kind to artists? We do cool shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 300x451px
>>2966772
Most people love artists and are very effusive towards them. The Liberal left in America do not love the arts however, and it's singlemindeness prevented it from pursuing serious cultural programs for the last sixty years. It's hard to imagine now but there was a kind of elitism associated with the left in the past, which once managed to bring people together... It's not the sort of middlebrow proletarian left we see today. Of course we'd also have to blame the Conservatives for the failure of those cultural programs, but it's worth asking whether the arts initiative was of more importance than the anti-poverty campaign.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.