[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

>>
form and content, next question
>>
>>2963408
What is art?

What is god?

How many is a lot?
>>
the application of technical skill to create and communicate meaning
>>
intelligent design
>>
https://youtu.be/3XUYYlJuvfg?t=17s
>>
Art is drawing anime characters from reference pictures
>>
>>2963650
>tBh
>>
>>2963408
Expression
>>
loli cunny
>>
>>2963408
>>
Creating better worlds than god.
>>
>>2963408
>what is art?
Baby don't paint me!
Don't paint me,
no more!
>>
It's the same thing as dreaming but on the scale of civilisations. Order out of chaos.
>>
>>2963408
The ability to put your imagination on paper.
>>
life
>>
The translation of emotions, whether audible, visible, edible, touchanle, or what of, but something created to instill a specific feeling in another, whether that be inspiring, love, hate, terror, or arousal, so long as it gets a feeling across
>>
>>2963618
>>2963422
>>2963620
>>2963656
>>2964039
>>2965663
so broad as to be practically meaningless.
>>
ART IS PAINTINGS OF HORSES
>>
>>2965683
that's the fucking point, you great big fucking idiot moron

you get what you get from art, that's why you like some of it and hate others. you are frustrated when you don't understand, so you learn, and when you put that into practice, you are better able to communicate your individual thoughts due to the collective education you've had up until the point of finishing a piece of work

is that better, you big fat nilly-willy? you fucking gremlin idiot

one year olds know this
>>
>>2963454
yes
>>
this is such a stupid question. the word has a concrete definition and that's 'skill'. so an artwork would be something made with skill.

why didn't you just open up a dictionary instead of making this waste of a thread?
>>
File: art.0.jpg (51KB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
art.0.jpg
51KB, 920x613px
>>
>>2967811
wew lad
>>
File: sexy-alf.jpg (53KB, 466x429px) Image search: [Google]
sexy-alf.jpg
53KB, 466x429px
>>
>>2965683
Ask a broad question, get a broad answer.
>>
>>2963408
>WHAT IS ART
>BABY DON'T HURT ME
>DON'T HURT ME
>NO MO
>>
>>2963454
>How many is a lot?

more than a few but less than too many
>>
File: art.jpg (91KB, 606x646px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
91KB, 606x646px
do a study of this
>>
File: andrei tarkovsky.jpg (14KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
andrei tarkovsky.jpg
14KB, 500x368px
>>2963408
It seems to me that in order to build any concept, in particular, a look at art, you need to first answer a different question, a lot more important and generalized. Why does a man live, what is the point of human existence? Using our being on this Earth in order to uplift ourselves spiritually. That means that art of ours must serve to that purpose. If, to say, I chose another principle and meaning of life for myself, evidently, art too would have a different meaning for me and I would have to make up something else. But as I define the meaning of human existence in that exact way, it seems to me that art too must help the man to evolve in that direction.

Shortly, art serves to help people to change and grow spiritually. Don't know, there was a point of view that art is as educational as the rest of human intellectual and spiritual activity on this planet. I don't really believe in possibility of learning, I am almost an agnostic. Knowledge more and more distracts us from the main goal, from the main thought of our main knowledge of the world. So, the the more we know the less we know about it. We go in deep and thus lose the ability to take a bigger look at what we call life and the world. Art serves a man to help him, to say, soar spiritually, rise above himself, using what we call free will.
>>
>>2966543
how can you type for so long without saying anything? which shitty definition are you even defending?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.