[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why slavs are dominating traditional art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: academic-keeper-efimov-1870.jpg (140KB, 783x1000px) Image search: [Google]
academic-keeper-efimov-1870.jpg
140KB, 783x1000px
Why slavs are dominating traditional art?
>>
>>2962760
the fuck else are you going to do if you live there
>>
>anon my ex Ivan had a lot better understanding of fundamentals than you
>>
>>2962760
because if you leave what art gets made up to capitalism it results in the lowest effort for the most money. if you leave it up to glorious stalinism you get great art (at the cost of loss of freedom)
>>
>>2962791
/leftypol/ tankies leave
>>
Because they didnt bother with bullshit art movements and stuck to tradition, unlike the West.
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 720x556px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 720x556px
Repin died 90 years ago.

I think that the environmental paintings of Russia are better than the portraits, but there is a lot of character in the expressions and a great deal of opportunity for engaging genre scenes. Of course if you compare Repin to George W. Bush, the former is going to win.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 1000x800px
Elfimov Konstantin is very talented. It's exaggerated enough to feel like a painting, but the paint is too thin to feel like oils and there don'tt seem to be many transparent layers...
>>
File: 123153809854375986.jpg (188KB, 1419x904px) Image search: [Google]
123153809854375986.jpg
188KB, 1419x904px
shit thread
>>
>>2962760
They sure aren't dominating grammar.
>>
>>2962760
Pencils are cheaper than tablets
>>
what else can you do here?
>>
>>2962791
>lowest effort for the most money
desutbhdesu
>>
>>2962760
because of the general slav mentality population which pushes young artists towards this kind of art

communism mentality (which still exist in ex communist countries) is all about:
>stop asking questions, stop thinking for yourself
>do what the community tells you to do
while capitalism is
>question everything, question yourself, question the establishment
>ends excuses the ways

and don't turn this political, I don't mean communists as in persons which side with that government move, but I refer to the mentality of approach problems which is
>don't think, just work

living in Romania, an ex-communism country, I can see this kind of mentality in older ppl, and in the years I've been a good goy and listening to my elders all I could produce was human printing rendering, my imaginative drawing improved just after i started saying ''fuck you'' to those around me

I can't wait to move our of this country
>>
>>2965217

>slav mentality
>romania

Just stop. You can talk shit about eastern orthodox mentality or whatever all you want, but don't pull West Slavs into this. Especially as a non-Slav. You honestly have no idea.

>oh gee I can't wait to move out and start painting blank white canvases
>le question everything face

lel
>>
>>2965262
I am talking about kjg kind of drawings, don't put me in the same shit bucket as those ''artists'', oh, you ''real slav''

it's because of you that Romania turned away from the good mentality focused on self improving from the start of the 20th century influenced by the east, which was replaced with communism for a whole generation after the second WW till '89
>>
slavs are best at paintings
meds at statues
japs at storytelling
germans at architecture
what are anglos best at?
>>
>>2965280
Stealing
>>
>>2965276

Seriously, stay away from my ethnicity, you mentally challenged Dacian. Keep your bile to your byzantine containment region.
>>
>>2965294
>lmao look at him try to justify it
>you're such a loser anon, lets go stacy
>>
>>2965280
>japs at storytelling
come on now, you know that this is simple not true
also, uk has the best literature
>>
>>2965280
>japs at storytelling
*breaths in*
HAHAHAHAHHAHHHAFHHHHHHHAHHAHAH
>>
>>2965595
i think russia probably has the best literature then maybe france second, then perhaps america, then the uk, i don't think uk is no. 1 just because of shakespeare, that'd be like giving it to ancient greece just for homer.
>>
>>2965280
conquering africa

also
>germans
>architecture
>>
>>2962791

Most good Russian art predates or postdates communism.
>>
File: isaac-newton-21.jpg (186KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
isaac-newton-21.jpg
186KB, 900x750px
>>2965280

Science and commerce.

Britain and then America have been top dog in those categories for centuries.
>>
File: Serbmigra.jpg (300KB, 1600x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Serbmigra.jpg
300KB, 1600x1070px
/ic/ could use more Serbian artwork anyway.
>>
>>2962760
>Why slavs are dominating traditional art?

the cia promoted abstract shit as a way to make America seem avant garde and progressive in the culture war between capitalism and communism. trendy hipster fucks picked up on it and eventually basically all traditional art education was weeded out of school in favor of self-expression macaroni sculptures, Picasso, and other worthless crap.

the ex-Soviet satellite states retained their art traditions. while you were learning how great Fauvism and Mondrian are and how you're a boring classical chauvinist shitlord if you want to paint realistically, they were learning how to draw.
>>
>>2965936
>>
>>2965691

>science

Germans

You even had to snatch nazi scientists for your rockets not to explode. lel
>>
>>2966205

PS I 'd say anglos have a pretty amiable literature, even though a lot of it got "old" as it popularized itself
>>
>>2962762
fpbp
>>
they don't have cartoons or thousand dollar tablets. all thats left is to paint solemn faces.
>>
>>2962791
modern art was literally started by commies you dumbfuck. there's nothing even remotely left-wing in classical Russian music, literature or art.
>>
>>2965921
>>2965949
I fucking hate serbs
>>
>>2966216
lol who cares
>>
>>2962760
>realism is highest level of painting
Get fucked normie faggot.
>>
>>2966220
everybody should care, they're cancer
>>
>>2966214
so..you like, don't know what soviet realism is.. or..
>>
>>2965936
/thread
>>
>>2965936
i think you're slightly messing things up desu.
the CIA thing is real, but abstract art =/= modern art. in the ussr states artists were doing modern art too and picasso is before all this. the cia thing is probably also less influential than you think, and abstract art was a thing, and was popular before the CIA stuff. the main reason art went the way it did in america was that money people realised that the art market is unregulated and the value of goods is unrelated to it's material value, so this caused a boom, which of course came with unchecked inflation in the prices and a need for more 'masterpieces' which means that the assessment of what counts as a masterpiece had to be lowered, so that involved the proliferation of art which was ambiguous enough that the layman couldn't tell if it was brilliant or not, and abstract art fits the bill.

meanwhile in the ussr art was state sponsored, so like how all the movies they make in china today are beautiful depictions of their illustrious past, so it was in moscow, they wanted to maintain tradition for the sake of a national identity and make paintings that would essentially inspire the populous(propaganda), so pictures of workers working hard and leaders being leaders and such forth... and you can't do that with shapeless blobs of paint.
>>
>>2966895
man, anime is the single real form of art, only because nobody cares about it other than those interested in the actual process of drawing and world building

everything else is tainted by normies' interests
>>
>>2966214

you are so retarded it hurts

what you are describing isn't called modern art, it's called post-modern

and it wasn't started by communists, it was started by the US government in order to combat communism you dumb fuck
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.