[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoshikadu

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (279KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
279KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone know what pen settings yoshikadu2011(Yoshikadu Hamada, creator of Tsugumomo) uses in Manga Studio? He creates his manga digitally, but yet he manages to achieve a look that's incredibly difficult to distinguish from traditionally inked manga. I've tried recreating this by lowering the anti aliasing and reducing the pen pressure sensitivity completely on opacity, density, and mostly on the size, but it's still not close to his. Any ideas?
>>
Side note: He's actually live streaming him drawing and inking pages on his YouTube right now if you want to see what I'm talking about in real-time. His page is yoshikadu2011
>>
Even if you have his settings your technical ability would still be 30 years behind.
>>
>>2961811
I'm not here asking how to make up for a difference in experience.
>>
>>2961812

you're fresh

Have you tried googling it? It's right there.
>>
>>2961809
There's no preset that can make you draw like that - that's decades of experience, excellent knowledge of how digital brushes work, and hand control and line choice.
>>
File: YQMLBoF.jpg (42KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
YQMLBoF.jpg
42KB, 600x408px
>>2961816
I'm not asking how to draw like that. I'm not asking how to recreate his line signature and skill. But you can obviously see that he's not using the default brush, my guy. I just want to know what he's doing with his pen settings. Even in this simple attached pic which a five year old could reproduce, you can see his settings are specifically tweaked to imitate traditional inking. I'm looking for pointers as to what's happening here.
>>
>>2961823
We're telling you it doesn't matter. I just watched his stream, most of his style comes from his hand, no preset will mimic how he moves his fucking hand. He's using a basic brush preset, with a little jitter.
>>
>>2961823
CSP was designed with trad inking in mind. All the brushes look good by default. He is using the defaults with slight modifications. Have you tried goolging it though? I'm not joking, it's right there. Use IME and type in Japanese.
>>
>>2961826
You obviously don't use Manga Studio, as the "basic brush preset"(fuck is that?) would give you a completely different look. Even with "jitter," which there is no such thing in Manga Studio, it's the random option under the size tab. This is a case of "I don't know what I'm talking about so I'm going to inject myself here by saying you simply just don't have 'it.'"
>>
>>2961834
google it you bitch
>>
>another retard worrying about brushes instead of drawing
sage
>>
>>2961838
I spend hours every day practicing. I'm not just some dickhead going "hurr durr this will magically make me better." I'm fully aware having the right settings won't make a pro.
>>
troll thread

sage
>>
Good to see /ic/ enforcing that crab bucket mentality in full force. Never help out anyone else, ever, because the worst thing in the world is yet another person improving themselves while you continue to stagnate in frustration.

And always assume the worst in everyone else, because it HAS to be that they're just looking for that quick success and there isn't ANYONE out there working as hard as you are, absolutely not!

Someone wants to try something new? FUCK NO! Not on /ic/'s watch! Don't you EVER read a tutorial book, or study a master's work, or try out a new brush or new program! Get on your knees and draw in the fucking dirt, like we all did for 12 hours EVERY. DAMN. DAY.
>>
>>2961874
We have have resource threads and each major thread has the sticky in the OP or abundant links and suggestions. If anything this board is a lot more helpful than any other art community. Show no mercy to anyone who doesn't read.
>>
>>2961874
So this is what a breakdown looks like.

It looks like a pretty basic brush, anon. Then he has cross hatched in faded tones to get that faded look. Then a spray with opacity for some background elements.

Now calm the fuck down and stop trying to shit on everybody just because a few manage to troll you. It is mostly a skill thing and brushes are something you should just adjust on the go as you paint.
>>
>>2961874
triggered. sage
>>
>>2961885
Implying what he was looking for was anywhere to be found in the board resources.
>>
>>2961908
I was addressing your statement on "crab bucket mentality".

下げる
>>
This should be what you're looking for. I don't see why people are giving you such a hard time over the simplest shit. https://ichi-up.net/2016/026
>>
>>2961940
>The owner of ichi-up.net has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.
>>
>>2962021
The site doesnt describe anything interesting or insightful, it just goes over the basics on how to customize clip studio brushes.
>>
ITT: nobody contributes anything of value and we're all dumber for it
>>
>>2962028
It's just you who are too dumb to understand what people are telling you.
>>
File: 1476496399412.png (518KB, 1349x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1476496399412.png
518KB, 1349x1079px
>hello where are the downloadable skills :DDD
>>
>>2962065
ohh no no no anon-san, im not op-san. im just an outside observer laughing at all the dumbfucks
>>
>>2962071
But OP have been told how to approach the problem. Nobody can tell him what brush settings the guy use because it doesn't fucking matter and that's the part that both you and OP seem to have missed.
>>
File: 1491453748281.jpg (29KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491453748281.jpg
29KB, 499x500px
>>2962074

ok lemmi spell out my perspective for you

>op-san makes useless thread
>anon-sans respond with useless advice because op-sans initial question was useless
>one anon-san tries to reply with advice but just links basic tutorial in moon ruins
>nobody has learned anything

i hope this clears up my reasoning
>>
>>2962092
Why the fuck can't you read runes yet? Maybe if you shitpost less with your EPIC reimu reaction macros you'd unlock a vast amount of nipponise tutorial. Go back to /jp/ and get learning already.
>>
>>2962098

>thinks i can't read moon ruins
lolok
>>
from my own experimenting i found that its about 50% pen width with random pen rotation (not to be confused with random pen size) enabled... i find that the a randomness degree of the rotation 20-40 looks pretty close to his pen... but you can experiment yourself...
>>
>>2961874
that's how it's always been for the most part, pay no attention to it because it won't help your thread if you do. I'm also interested in how you can recreate a traditional feeling from your digital drawing but I can't help you with anything specific. There are probably as many tips as there are effects, just like in traditional I guess. The best thing you can do is look at a drawing and try to reproduce it while tweaking your brush settings, even better when you have the video you can try to identify his specific process (it seems like he achieves his effect using an underdrawing with lower opacity and a texture effect, and then draws over it with a thicker brush.

I'm guessing you already know all this but yeah, that's where I'm at
>>
how about stop shitposting and give him the damn brush
>>
>ITT: retards who don't know the answer try to pretend it doesn't matter to cover their asses.
It does matter, this is part of style development. If you don't know the answer, shut tge fuck up, and wait for someone who knows.

>>2961809
I've been following Yoshikadu for a while. He uses a customized G-pen mostly. Go into the settings for that brush and mess around with it so you get similar effects.

I can't read moon, so I'm not too keen on what the exact settings are, but if you fiddle around enough, you can get close.

He also stylizes his lines in a unique way, pay attention to his line weight, 99% of his look comes from that.

As you mess around more with MS, you'll learn to better emulate traditional through it, look for custom brushes, the really help.
>>
>>2962650
>It does matter, this is part of style development.

hahahahaha ah good one, have my (you)
>>
>>2962092
>>2962025

>/ic/ too dumb to right click and hit translate to english
>/ic/ too dumb to see that the site goes over the brush settings and if you look close enough you can see what settings will you give that traditional look.

From what I can tell, enabling random and reducing it halfway is pretty key. Also, lowering the anti-aliasing to the lowest setting.
>>
>>2962657
>t. beginner who is still learning the basics
Look it's cool, we all gotta start somewhere, and you should keep pushing those fundies till you get to intermediate level, once you get there however, you'll learn that the step to advanced lies in the HOW, the sorts of tools you use and create, and how you applies to your workflow. A minute attention to detail such as, the unique pressure you apply to your strokes, or choosing to work with a specific kind of brush or pencil, chosing certain mediums over others, the specific settings you use on your digital brushes, etc... Stuff that right now, you don't have the capacity to deal with, so keep working hard, and eventually what I'm saying to you will make sense. However, as a beginner, I also advise you learn humility and stop pretending you know all there is to know cause you read Loomis and Hampton, and did a bunch of figure studies.
>>
>>2962679
>see the name of the guy who worte the article
>see his twitter
>no line weight tumblr style full digital feel

how about no ?
>>
>>2961829
>IME ???
>>
>>2962726
>t.
stop this meme

I'm guaranteed better than you at drawing but this isn't a pissing contest so I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>2962738
>sees michael jordan being praised for basketball
>sees him play baseball
>assume he's not good at basketball because he sucks at baseball

nggawhat? Obviously he's not going for the traditional style in those images. Also, the article isn't telling you how to achieve a traditional look, but you can use the information in it to get that look if you so choose.
>>
>>2962739
the tool you use to type in japanese keyboard

見てのバカ
>>
>>2962745
Wouldn't it just be simpler to use google translate and just google search the results?
>>
>>2962747

no, how do you navigate nip internet land? That sounds like a pain.
>>
>>2962748
I don't. I don't speak, write, or understand Japanese in the slightest. Which is why having the ability to type in Japanese wouldn't do much for me.
>>
>>2961874
While normally I'd laugh and agree with you people did help this retard he just doesn't want to believe this artist doesn't have some magical brush settlings that are dictating the look of his work.
>>
>>2961841
don't believe you
>>
>>2963063
projection 101
>>
>>2962899
>come to ic looking to see if people know how i can get traditional textured look on brush
>people think im trying to recreate dude's skill
Seriously, how fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>2963626
This board is full of retards who don't draw.

Anyway, your thread prompted me to try to find an answer, here's what I found.

Open manga studio.
Make a copy of the G-pen
Next to the little bar that changes brush size, you have a button, click on it.
A window with some settings and two graphs will pop up.
The settings are: Pressure, Tilt, Velocity, and Randomness.
Randomness is the one you mostly wanna mess with, it's what gives strokes that less than perfect stroke. I set mine to 50.
Also, activate Velocity, and tweak it, this makes it so that lines get thinner in the middle during fast strokes, like a real pen would.
Tilt is useless if your tablet doesn't have tilt detection.
I also messed around with pressure to make it feel more real, how you do this is up to you. I set mine to 34, with the curve being skewed downward so you get less output unless you really push down, but that's just a preference based on how I draw lines.

In short, while I can't tell you Yoshikadu's EXACT settings, I can tell he's using that feature of MS to customize the basic tools. It's the little button next to the size bar. It's got 3 dots arranged in a triangle.
>>
>>2963737
Oh, and don't forget to save your settings once you're done.
>>
>>2963737
You're a saint
>>
>>2963751
common fucking knowledge.
he's not a saint, you are just immensely dumb.
>>
great guy
>>
>>2963737
I'm new to clip studio so thank you for this, is there any sort of tutorial out there that can cover the wide range of tools/shortcuts that Yoshikadu uses?
>>
>>2961809
Holy shit this fucking thread. This could've all been over if someone just posted a quick link or explained it to him like this guy did >>2963737

Of course you fucking assholes would rather spend more time shitposting and hating on a random dude for asking a simple question than spending 2 minutes to actually help him. Jesus Christ this place is a shithole
>>
>>2961874
snibbit snabbit
>>
>>2964666
There's a couple on YT and dA, but like you, I'm also in a "learn as you go" relationship with the program.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.