[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photoshop Clean Lines For Inking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: clean_lines.png (166KB, 792x1132px) Image search: [Google]
clean_lines.png
166KB, 792x1132px
What brush settings would you use to get clean looking lineart like this in photoshop during the inking stage?

Unless I use a huge amount of time to finesse my lines with bezier curves, my lines have a really "sketchy" look in Photoshop. Is there a faster way aside bezier curves or lasso tool?
>>
thought she had a bulge in the thumbnail
>>
>>2960806
bitch def has a bulge
>>
the only way to get clean smooth lines is to use a program that has vector rendering, like corell draw. The vectore line rendering allows the program to smooth tthe lines, idk maybe photoshop has that capability too just google line smoother or something
>>
>>2960782
just use sai, photoshop is terrible at lines, i don't know if there's still something like lazy nezumi for newer versions.
>>
>>2960782
This >>2963497
or Clip Studio Paint, they're both cheap but good for lineart especially
>>
>>2960782
just get Lazy senpai
>>
File: tumblr_nfdo7rAfKh1rkq0ruo1_1280.jpg (198KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfdo7rAfKh1rkq0ruo1_1280.jpg
198KB, 647x1000px
>>2963497
Only hobbyists use stabilizer tools. It ruins your line quality and makes your work look cheap and amateur as fuck. Allow yourself to develop some line confidence. There's a reason why most Disney artists use photoshop for drawing when they don't draw traditionally. Because they don't actually need any fancy tools, they make their lines look good through skill and photoshop is perfectly fine if you don't have to rely on a tool to make your lines artificially smoother.
>>
>>2963560
>you don't have to rely on a tool to make your lines artificially smoother
That's not the point. You can turn off the stabilization in any program that uses it, and most of the time the tools only exist to alleviate lag issues. Photoshop even has them. The point is that Photoshop's lines look like blurry shit. Case in point your image, the lines look like shit. It's fine because it's a concept art sketch, but would you want those lines in a finished piece?
>>
Don't ink in photoshop. Use Manga Studio/CSP, and use a custom G-Pen.
>>
>>2963560
or to go straight to the point, do not ink in Photoshop
>>
Kyle Brushes

Paolo Rivera does a lot of digital inking in Photoshop with those brushes and it looks great.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.