[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do I draw like this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: funny city.jpg (296KB, 1575x786px) Image search: [Google]
funny city.jpg
296KB, 1575x786px
So how do I draw like this?
>>
>>2960552
You don't
>>
>>2960552
Yeah OP what >>2960553 said
That's a painting.
>>
>>2960553
Excuse me?
>>
>>2960553
>You don't
yeah you photobash
>>
>>2960556
>>2960570
So what is it? Is it a drawing or was it bashed with photos?
>>
>>2960552
1. sketch
2. composition
3. perspective
4. value
5. color
6. ????
7. profit
>>
>>2960574
Its not a drawing, you pringle.
>>
>>2960910
Oh my god, Jesus Christ alright, fine damn it.
It's a painting but how does one achieve such a metal-like look?
>>
>>2960912
They paint it.
>>
>>2960913
fuck off
>>
>>2960920
With a brush, anon.

I know, shocking.
>>
>>2960922
Alright, do a painting in his style then since you seem to have it all figured out with your useless comments.
>>
>>2960912
By learning how to render metal.

You'd need an art education to pull together all the pieces to paint an image like that. It
will take a minimum 4 years of intense study, if you have any talent or ability at art.
>>
>>2960552
This is totally a paint over from a photograph. I can't find the ref now, but I was in Hong Kong and this is a famous shot from one of the streets
>>
>>2960928
Ruanjia didn't have an art education.
>>
>>2960924
No im saying it in such vague terms because i dont know how he does it you fucking moron.

Its not some set ~thing~ you can just ~do~, its a process that you have to develop. Not LEARN. You DEVELOP it. You learn basics. You develop skill.
>>
Have any of you faggots even seen how his process looks like?
With how much time he spends on the image and how much the colors change it seems like he doesn't know what he is doing either
>>
>>2960930

So he used the photo as guideline for the perspective and then changed literally everything else completely? Seems like a fairly legit way to paint something. Not much of a photo paintover when there is absolutely nothing left of the photo though.
>>
>>2960932
>needing a school to get an education in art
DEFINITELY not gonna make it.
>>
>>2960939
Not really. He usually fiddles around with anatomy and stuff, but every video I've seen of his, the value structure looks amazing from the thumbnail after the first ~20 or so minutes. Once you have that established, you can play around with colors as much as you like.
>>
>>2960944
The hell are you on about? He changes literally everything over and over again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFO0LRB-yGg
>>
Is this the meme artist?
>>
>>2960948
Exactly what I said. The value statement is virtually the same from minute 40 onward. But whatever, I guess you're right Ruanjia doesn't know what he's doing and if you just spend 100 hours on a painting it'll magically turn out amazing regardless.
>>
>>2960556
>>2960910
OP never said it was just a painting. Maybe s/he knows values and colour theory and just wants to improve his/her drawing aspects to achieve a similar result
>>
>>2960924
Geez aren't you easily irritable. He paints it with a brush because he spend a shitload of time studying and applying the fundies instead of shitposting on anonymous imageboards and masturbating to anime.

Is that what you wanted to hear? There's no fucking magic in painting, no shortcuts, only skill.
>>
>>2960552
Photobashing look up a tutorial on how to Photobash op.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.