[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

successful freelance artists

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: ark.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ark.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
Seriously what happened to this guy?

I used to be obsessed with his success and listened to every interview and podcast. followed him on every social media.

now he's gone all of a sudden.
>>
Because his appeal wasn't that he was a good artist, it's that he made progress fast.

”Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius.”

-William Blake
>>
>>2959935
probably taking a nap
>>
>>2959942
he is amazing at mood.

i just watched is new video dusk to dawn. dope af landscapes
>>
rocks and clouds
>>
>>2959935
He just recently posted on Reddit, what do you mean?
>>
>>2959942
>Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius.

I'm retarded, what does this quote mean?
Isn't a straight road what you want in order to make a good road?
>>
>>2960068
It's like do shit bad so you can learn from it
>>
>>2960072
Oh, okay. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>2959935
He made it, dude. He did more than his time's worth in the promotion trenches and now he doesn't have to do it to the same extent anymore.
>>
He's been ostracized from a lot of art circles because he's such a tremendous douchebag and (possibly) a rapist. Also his ex girlfriend cheated on him and left him. Think he's trying to lay low now
>>
>>2960133
He made what though? Professionally, he's always been a low tier MTG artist and he himself complained about how badly the pay is. He made most of his money selling art courses and his art boot camp thingy. If your main source of income comes from that sort of thing, then you never leave the promotion trenches. Marketing yourself then becomes your bread and butter.
>>
He just wants to slap asses and paint rocks in peace. Stop bothering him.
>>
>>2960826
Wait, what? Where is evidence for this?
>>
>>2960826
Those are some serious accusations
>>
>>2959935
fake it till u make it - the artist
>>
I don't ever want to become popular. He seems like such a douchebag that I'm scared I'd end up being a douchebag too if I become a promotional whore and build my career on that.
>>
>>2960840
>Marketing yourself then becomes your bread and butter.
That's literally what he did and now he doesn't have to anymore. Heard through the grapevine over at Dave/Dan's twitch stream that that's basically the case. Frankly it makes more sense than someone with Noah's work/self-marketing ethic just suddenly deciding to drop everything. Apparently he might have not even enjoyed it all that much, go figure.

There are a handful of prominent artists from the conceptart era that don't have much of an online presence anymore but that doesn't mean they don't exist anymore or aren't active. You don't get to a point in your career like Noah has and then just stop, even if other artists think you're mediocre.
>>
>>2961504
Power corrupts everyone, I bet you're a little douchey about how good you are at art compared to others.
>>
>>2960826
Correct on everything except the rapist part. Apparently he was just acting creepy at a workshop.
>>
>>2960068
>>2960072
Nope. That's not what it means. It means the mistakes you carry on over and over become part of your style. This is why artists have different styles, there's something they have ease with but they also have weaknesses.

If you look at Ruan Jia for example, the guy renders his painting with chickenscratches. This is like a beginner mistake, but in the end, this is what gives his painting the unique feel that they have.

It means that when you improve too fast you become generic because you haven't learned by figuring out how it works yourself, you relied on other people's research on the subject.
>>
>>2960826
what artist is not a rapist tho, lets be honest. at least most of them are mega perverts, but are super chill and friendly. his girl dumped him a long time ago nbd he's still doing his thing...he's just a ordinary dude.
>>
>>2961729

this.

this is why games are shit today and films. everything is cookie cut. they don't market unique styles on the main stream..just what ever they developed and works easy.

the best pieces of art are the ones where the artist was discovering new things during the creative process.
>>
>>2960826
His ex didn't cheat on him, don't make stuff up. Also he slapped a girls butt and hit on one too many girls at workshops that's all.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.