[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pixiv Deskwatch

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: CywCoTmUcAAjNRo.jpg (65KB, 415x928px) Image search: [Google]
CywCoTmUcAAjNRo.jpg
65KB, 415x928px
https://www.pixivision.net/en/t/108

Kamogamo
https://www.pixivision.net/en/a/1739
>mastered the art of professional level cute anime girls half a year after starting to draw characters

Yuya Nagai
https://www.pixivision.net/en/a/2345
>drew pic related
>believes he is 'not a skilled illustrator'

these fucking nips man
>>
File: AnimeAnatomyStudies.jpg (59KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
AnimeAnatomyStudies.jpg
59KB, 600x400px
>>2959443
Kamogamo is pretty amazing.
>Yeah. In order to draw bodies accurately, the most important thing is to be able to draw a cube.
>box and construction meme

>Recently, there have been more and more Chinese and Korean creators entering the Japanese market.
It's gonna be hard for us now.

>I make sure that it makes people want to touch them instinctively. I try to make them feel physically close to the viewer despite being in 2D. I want to convey the scents, the sensation, and the atmosphere, and not just draw a drawing. That's why I take note of the five senses when drawing.
He's a pretty cool guy too.

Inspirational stuff from this one, I'll check out the other one next.
>>
File: tumblr_njw41xHGXa1tby4quo1_1280.jpg (893KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njw41xHGXa1tby4quo1_1280.jpg
893KB, 1280x1810px
>>2959461
yep, when I first saw Kamogamo's illustrations, I dismissed them as basic anime shit, but looking more closely it really is important to know underlying anatomy in order to stylise consistently and well.

mostly impressed he took those anatomy studies so quickly; I've avoided getting technical with skeletons, muscles for ages, but this gives me motivation..
>>
Thanks for this thread. I hardly pay attention to Pixiv, but after realizing how difficult it is to track down and view artists on Twitter, I'm starting to get into using it as my main art stalking site. Didn't even know they had translated interviews with artists, too.
>>
>>2959461
>>Recently, there have been more and more Chinese and Korean creators entering the Japanese market.
>It's gonna be hard for us now.
And it isn't going to slow down any time soon :^(
>>
File: HallWayLights.jpg (58KB, 740x493px) Image search: [Google]
HallWayLights.jpg
58KB, 740x493px
>>2959443
Yuya Nagai shows a different side to Kamogamo that's also very interesting.
>At CyDesignation there are no floor lights. In order to keep the LCD tablet screens free of annoying reflections, the only lights are placed on the side of the desks, horizontally.
This is the most unique set up, I've ever seen really. Really goes to show it's made for artists and not dime a dozen LCD lights for cubists.

>The most famous titles are surely Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse and Rage of Bahamut.
I didn't realize this was gonna be such a big guy. These games are amazing. Their art at least. I would totally love to work at CyGames and produce that level and quality of work, but no such thing will happen for a while.

>I don't start from the lineart; I directly paint my character with colors to decide on the perfect silhouette. Once 'm done with colors, I draw the lineart right on top. When starting from a lineart on a white canvas, it is difficult to understand the weight and shape of the objects. So I would strongly recommend to start from the silhouette first.
He mentions something really interesting here that I feel like taking. That weight part is exactly what happens to me too.

His work is more design like than illustration like as in it's not all stand out or something. I can't explain it, but his level if good enough to be an illustrator. I definitely like it.

Hope to see more from Pixiv Deskwatch. Great stuff to read.
>>
File: Come_On_Son.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
Come_On_Son.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>2959443
>these fucking nips man

Nips have an entire culture about downplaying yourself and maintaining your "face." You can't be cocky like an American.
>>
>>2959443
>>believes he is 'not a skilled illustrator'
bruh when he's working with motherfucking akihiko yoshida who's a literal god it's not that surprising
>>
HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW
>>
>Persona character designer only uses an intuos3
What the fuck
>>
>>2960703
And windows 7!

>We also heard that Atlus is looking for new staff, and we decided to give you all a chance by creating a special platform on pixiv to make your entry! In you're interested, please check the application form at the end of the article.

>tfw a chance to get into Atlus, but not good enough to
Should have gotten good earlier.
>>
>Did you know that Kamogawa made pro debut as an illustrator a mere half a year since starting to draw?

Is this a joke?
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>>2959461
5 years and still being shit, this guy got it in half year. What the fuck am I doing it wrong seriously.
>>
>>2960772
> I also worked as an manga author assistant previously, but I had no idea how to draw characters, and ended up drawing a lot of backgrounds.
If it makes you feel better, it sounds like he didn't start from absolutely nothing within that time frame. Still really impressive progress, though.
>>
>>2960747
He previously worked as a manga artist's assistant (mostly background work), so he said he's not a complete beginner, but it's definitely still crazy progress.

I think the basic fundamentals (box, form, perspective) he picked up during that time, and applied using anatomy.
>>
>>2960780
So is the box meme not really a meme? Grinding boxes is actually the play?
>>
>>2960786
Don't spend every waking moment of drawing doing only boxes, but yes, being able to rotate boxes in space is fundamental to being able to construct properly.
>>
>>2960786
No, you missed the two words after it. Form and perspective.
>>
File: cube.png (80KB, 1077x360px) Image search: [Google]
cube.png
80KB, 1077x360px
I'm p sure KJG also agrees.
>>
Yuya Nagai mentioned having a good sense of design.
How do you actually go about improving that?
Are there any basic rules/fundamentals of design or books or god-tier illustrator designers I should look up to?

Tfw I probably have shit taste and don't even know it.
>>
>>2961336
Google it and research it yourself first and you'll see the answer very quickly, but if you don't want to, it's okay. You can stay bad.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.