[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anybody ambidextrous or trained themselves to be? If so do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Is anybody ambidextrous or trained themselves to be? If so do you feel like it's an advantage in your work and do you utilize both hands regularly?
Recently I injured my dominant hand very badly, and have to be in a cast for two-three months. I figure this would be a good time to learn how to use my left especially since I can't stand wasting all this time not drawing. opinions?
>>
>>2959396
I've tried it, I was better at it than I thought I'd be.

Want to hear amazing? Frank Frazetta had a stroke when he was older, and lost the use of his right hand. He trained his left hand to draw, and was just as good. So it is possible for some to do it.
>>
>>2959401
did you ever try serious work with it or just as a dickaround thing
>>
>>2959396
It doesn't hurt, having a backup is nice
>>
>>2959396
im ambidextrous but it feels weird switching hands because arm movements are mirrored
>>
>>2959396
hand my main hand unable to draw for a period of 2 months twice now

it was still not enough to get half as good with the left but it definelity helps

it forces you to think more and rely less of your muscle memory. You will also remember stuff you learned with your main hand but forgot a long time ago because you internalize it

that also will make you a matter teacher, because you will remember what beginners have to deal with
>>
I have cerebral palsy, right side of my body is slower and weaker than the left. Can barely hold a pencil, if I do it's usually in an uncomfortable hold that will leave my hand in pain after a short while, plus it spasms after holding something for more than a few minutes

If I lose my left hand I'm fucked.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.