[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got back into drawing again. At the moment all I want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 15

File: Cells I.jpg (509KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
Cells I.jpg
509KB, 660x660px
I just got back into drawing again. At the moment all I want to do is abstract art, though. Can we still be friends, /ic/?

I promise I will get back to figurative drawing in the near future! ;_;
>>
File: Cells II.jpg (918KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
Cells II.jpg
918KB, 660x660px
This ink on dirty paper. It takes days to complete.
>>
>>2958893
But anon, those generic anime girls won't draw themselves!
>>
File: Cells sketch 2017.04.24.jpg (343KB, 875x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Cells sketch 2017.04.24.jpg
343KB, 875x1100px
Also, sketches.
>>
File: Cells sketch 2017.04.25.jpg (2MB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Cells sketch 2017.04.25.jpg
2MB, 1100x1100px
>>2958897
I would probably draw guro anime grils If I could.
>>
File: Cells sketch 2017.04.27 small.jpg (472KB, 814x814px) Image search: [Google]
Cells sketch 2017.04.27 small.jpg
472KB, 814x814px
I have not yet found artists with a similar style. But then again, I haven't been looking for too long.

I come from a family of doctors, so the aesthetic is very fascinating to me.
>>
File: Cells sketch 2017.04.28.jpg (4MB, 1746x1746px) Image search: [Google]
Cells sketch 2017.04.28.jpg
4MB, 1746x1746px
That's it so far.
>>
>>2958893
this looks like it took an insane amount of time

you get points for originality but I honestly don't find it that great for a piece that took days. With all that time you could have made a super detailed piece of something else.
>>
File: Cells I WIP.jpg (3MB, 1700x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Cells I WIP.jpg
3MB, 1700x1165px
>>2958913
It was a starting point for me. From there I got more inspiration and more things I want to do. I also wanted a drawing on a bigger scale. >>2958893 is 29 by 29 centimeters (11.4 inches) and would probably look pretty nice when framed.
I think I could also do a lot faster with a pen instead of a calligraphy set and ink.
>>
Look at robert hookes micrographia. Its from the 17th century so its available freely online now. Lots of close up detail of insects and cells which you might find interesting. cant think of any more contemporary references at the moment.

Just keep on making them, go through those sketches and then draw them like the first two. You'll learn stuff about composition and get ideas about what to do next as you do this.
Look up images of cells online and start collecting them. Maybe even buy a microscope and taking your own pictures if you can afford it. Experiment with hatching / stippling techniques to vary tone, first one has them, second one doesn't and might look better with them. Could be nice as monoprints too.
>>
File: RobertHookeMicrographia1665.jpg (276KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RobertHookeMicrographia1665.jpg
276KB, 1200x1600px
>>2958930
>robert hookes micrographia

Thanks! That one looks promising.
When I was a kid I had my own microscope and also in school I drew a lot of cells from my personally prepared tissue samples. I started looking up actual cell structures and also did some sketches of that. I will definitely keep on drawing more and incorporate more structures and techniques. I might also try them as paintings with colors and all that crazy weird stuff.
>>
File: 01humancells.jpg (1004KB, 2048x1270px) Image search: [Google]
01humancells.jpg
1004KB, 2048x1270px
>>2958918
If you added depth to these and made them three dimensional, I'd be on board. But right now, it just looks like one of those cell drawings you'd find in a biology textbook, just with lots of tiny circles.

I'd definitely do more like pic related if I were you. These little guys are living in three dimensional space just like us.
>>
File: PENI.jpg (27KB, 374x311px) Image search: [Google]
PENI.jpg
27KB, 374x311px
>>2959802
It wouldn't give the feeling of mania this way though.This is the kind of drawings a manic depressive would do.

It reminds me of the art the singer of Rudimentary Peni does.
>>
>>2959802
I know cells are three-dimensional things. For my drawings I consciously made the choice to have them be two-dimensional to emphasize structure over realism. I might eventually try different biological structures, though.

>>2959821
The only Rudimentary Peni song I know is that Tanarian Hills song. But the drawings look neat. I have a thing for outsider art.
>>
>>2959826
>I have a thing for outsider art.

Me too man
>>
>>2959832
The coolest thing I can imagine would be finding a cupboard full of paintings and drawings of someone who just did it and never showed anyone and you are the first one to find those pictures. Just thinking about that fills me with wonder. It's great to be able to draw realistic things but it's nothing compared to art done in isolation of everything.
>>
>>2959832
basquiat wasnt an outsider
>>
File: wesleywillis.jpg (78KB, 504x349px) Image search: [Google]
wesleywillis.jpg
78KB, 504x349px
>>2959836
I know. I love the feeling I get from looking at these. Makes think about who was the person who did it, what kind of life he lived, etc. It's raw art so it really shows who the person is. They're so out of the industry that they can't hide behind trends.
>>
>>2959841
You're right but the guy isn't trained at all.
>>
File: Cells Aquarell 2017.04.29.jpg (1MB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Cells Aquarell 2017.04.29.jpg
1MB, 1100x1100px
>>2959843
This picture looks wrong but yet so right. I can feel the rawness. It's childlike but also more refined while keeping an edge. I wish I could make something like that. But I guess you can only create something like that when you're not even that conscious about what it means to create and what techniques exist.

So I will do what my mind tells me and just draw cell structures until I have tons of them and then someone will find them online and will be blown away with alien wonder. I would like to make someone's day someday.

Oh, and I made something with watercolors but I need to get comfortable with the medium again first.
>>
>do thousands of cell drawings
>hide them in wall
>die
>cell drawings found years later by demolition guys
>"oy, must have been a genius living 'ere"
>special snowflake status confirmed

nice plan, op.
>>
The nearest thing I've seen is that acrylic cell stuff, with 'pouring'.
https://www.youtube.com/results?q=acrylic+cell
>>
File: Tafel_031_300.jpg (2MB, 1353x1963px) Image search: [Google]
Tafel_031_300.jpg
2MB, 1353x1963px
>>2960128
I know, right?

>>2960138
Yes, I found those fascinating when I started looking into what gets posted as #abstractart on Instagram but after three days I already found them extremely boring and uninspired. The colors are nice but I'm mostly interested in structures and composition.

I remembered that Ernst Haeckel's Kunstformen der Natur has always been an inspiration to me but that, too, is not contemporary.
>>
OP, check out the animations of Mirai Mizue. Your pieces remind me of his work.
>>
File: Fischinger.jpg (58KB, 554x467px) Image search: [Google]
Fischinger.jpg
58KB, 554x467px
>>2960543
While cute those animations aren't really up my alley. I think I'm more the Oskar Fischinger kind of guy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.