[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you do gesture drawings/digital portraits for twelve hours a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

you do gesture drawings/digital portraits for twelve hours a day... but do any of you even know why?

>Im improving my hand!!!
this is not boxing, drawing is not a muscle. If you draw like crap for years doing studies meant for professionals/people who are actually good to work more efficiently, you have only gotten better at drawing like crap faster. You are doing studies to get good at doing studies.

Any improvement you see doing what ic tells you is accidental or you're deluding yourself
>>
>>2955359
>blatant shit-talk out of a non-artist
>y-you're deluding yourself
Do you have a single fact to back that up? Links, videos, references to any significant artists? No, you're just a fucking retard who loves shitting up /ic/. Here's your one and only free reply.
>>
>>2955359
What do you suggest to do instead?
>>
>>2955359
>this is not boxing, drawing is not a muscle
boxing isn't a muscle either
>>
File: C9nkAwxV0AErLzm.jpg (158KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C9nkAwxV0AErLzm.jpg
158KB, 1152x2048px
>he doesn't draw his waifu 12 hours a day

stop being degenerate cuckholds /ic/
>>
>>2955402
for those wondering, source is @henken_second on twitter.
And if you know japanese and become his friend, he'll give you tips on drawing.

Get to it, you fuckers.
>>
>>2955359
ITT a lazy dunning kruger shitposts
>>
File: henken.jpg (11KB, 302x176px) Image search: [Google]
henken.jpg
11KB, 302x176px
>>2955417
i got him to follow me
what's next
>>
>>2955417
that side mouth
>>
Not memeing, but I do agree that drawing is the one thing where your mindset and understanding of why youre drawing is really important if you care about improving quickly.

I mean, I could still be memeing. I'm just speaking from my perspective because I spent a lot of time thinking I was sincerely working toward improving, but I was just stubbornly, selfishly, and mindlessly bashing my head in one spot over and over because I was too scared.
>>
>>2956129
He said it like a bit of a dipshit but i agree with him to a big degree, and i enjoy arguing how we learn technique.

Doing a lot of studies where you brainlessly copy something in front of you just makes you better at brainlessly copying. Yea, you can do studies in a way that's not direct copying but its very difficult, the difference in thought process between observation drawing and imaginative is so different that one always overtakes the other, its very difficult to not think in flattening copying when your drawing from direct observation and its certainly hard to avoid for beginners. Its often said that drawing from observation a lot makes you better at drawing in general, but i find it only makes you better at drawing from observation. When you say its easy if you do it thoughtfully, doing it thoughtfully is incredibly difficult.

Drawing what you see without thinking about why, is bad for your drawing. Consider that you pick up bad habits just as easily as good ones and "Studies" are often used incorrectly to reinforce flat thinking/drawing and actually reduce your sense of form.
>>
>>2955359
you meant incidental.
>>
>you do gesture drawings/digital portraits for twelve hours a day
>Only gesture and portraits
>for twelve hours
Maybe if you're retarded.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.