[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posable Drawing Figures

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

I bought two of these and was very disappointed. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I replaced both of my figures with a full-body mirror next to where I work. Really. I just use myself standing in front of the mirror and make appropriate adjustments for the opposite gender. I found this far less time consuming and greatly improved the quality of my final workups.

I thought these figures would be an invaluable tool in helping me work difficult foreshortening/perspective problems but they always ended up creating more work than they solved: 1. Physically posing the figure is time consuming and somewhat frustrating since it's very easy to accidentally mess up other parts of the body as you're posing one region to another. 2.There are lots of limitations on how you can pose figures since the joints have limited rotation arcs and the muscles obviously cannot deform, I frequently noticed that I had to compromise the appeal of my final workup more than half of the time because the limitations of the figure reference stipulated it.
>>
>>2954177

Well, that's disappointing, I have 2 on order. after they were shipped I found them cheaper elsewhere, and now they apparently arn't very good to boot.
>>
>>2954204
I will say that they're KIND OF useful for shots which are hard to do in front of a mirror e.g. over the shoulder camera shots, but I own a camera so that doesn't help me much...
>>
Actually yeah.

I bought a Figma She and, while it has helped me with foreshortening, her stomach doesn't crunch in, which leaves me SOL for a lot of poses. I still kind of want the He because the She does have its uses.

I can't really pose myself in front of a mirror and fold my gut in either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
I am also interested in buying one of those.
Can anyone recommend a certain figure?
>>
>>2954177
I bought a he and she recently and are somewhat happy with them.
But limited movement and ridiculously fragile joints... Thank the lord they were cheap.
>>
I have them too
They help for some stuff but can actually ruin a pose if you relay on them too much. Don't regret the purchase, they're pretty helpful for extra reference.
>>
I've been doing a bit of reading and apparently Michaelangelo and the lads used to sometimes make small clay models for reference.

Maybe it would do some people well to just make a shit torso pelvis bean thing to help with foreshortening of the body or something.
>>
>>2954177
I bought designdoll instead of the cheap anime figurines that barely bend. Pretty worth
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.