[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comic I'm working on

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: page_8_by_oni2030-d6im0mn.jpg (356KB, 504x657px) Image search: [Google]
page_8_by_oni2030-d6im0mn.jpg
356KB, 504x657px
Please critique my comic page
>>
>>2953863
You can't really guess what's gong on in the page by the art alone, which isn't a good sign. What's happening?
>>
Do you only wan't critique on this specific page and only in terms of general composition and art quality? You can't really judgd a comic, or any sequential art, by a page or panel alone. Give us a link and we can rate your comic according to its medium.

inb4 reverse google it
>>
>>2953863
bad paneling; what the fuck is going on
>>
The whole web comic is at www(dot)Hybridzero(dot)com
>>
Hybridzero(dot)com
>>
>>2953975
>Paneling

Why the fuck do people use these fake words? Same with "shadowing" and "outlining."

Use the real fucking words for things.
>>
>>2954014
Except that paneling is a real word for describing reading flow. Same with words like gutter. Please familiarize yourself with comic terminology before commenting.
>>
>>2954019
>Except that paneling is a real word for describing reading flow.

Except it's not.
>>
>>2954020
Panelling literally just means the way the panels are composed and arranged, it's a word in comics lingo, if nowhere else. Don't complain about words you don't understand in a medium you don't know shit about.
>>
>>2954023
>it's a word in comics lingo

No it isn't. I've never seen a single professional comics artist use it. Every one of them refers to it as storytelling or composition. Paneling is something made up by the Tumblr amateurs who call inking "outlining."
>>
>>2954027
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22comic+paneling%22
>>
>>2954030

And would you look at that, all of the results are amateurs and Tumblrfags, just like I said!
>>
https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&biw=913&bih=963&tbm=bks&q=+comics+%22paneling%22&oq=+comics+%22paneling%22&gs_l=serp.3...2412.2412.0.2667.1.1.0.0.0.0.139.139.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.0.0.SOwAgU6M7t0
>>
>>2954039

All references are either to the paneled nature of a comics page, rather than the composition itself, or are by amateurs.

This is getting sad man. Just admit defeat.
>>
>>2954014
Paneling is a real word you autist. Read a book on sequential art.
>>
>>2954080

I've read several. None of them using paneling to refer to the composition of a page.
>>
>>2954033
your composition sucks, fucking twat.
>>
>>2954033
>being this elitist
post your art faggot
>>
>>2953863
>Arguing over the word 'paneling'
There's a lot of battles in life guys, this shouldn't be one of the. Just move on.
>>
>>2953863
What are the mods doing? I mean, they could take 2 minutes and just compare the IPs of the cuck who makes all these threads and permanently ban him, but no.
>>
>>2954498
>What are the mods doing?
Nothing. I don't think we have mods on this board. I'd be happy if we had at least some janitors.
>>
>>2954014
>>2954020
>>2954027
>>2954033
>>2954087
It's called composition. By the way, you composition is shit. Learn to take criticism you fucking pussy.
>>
>>2954520

We do have mods. Shilling, off-topic threads and most "x artist sucks" threads get deleted pretty fast. People have to report them however.
>>
>>2954027
>can't tell the difference between paneling and storytelling
>can't tell the difference between paneling and composition
>can't tell the difference between storytelling and composition
>>
>>2954619
Panelling is the distribution of panels on a page. It's to specify one is talking about the general page composition, not about the composition of the illustration within the panel.
The page composition is an important factor for the reading experience and thus the storytelling.

panelling = page composition = (part of) storytelling

get off your high horse you dumb fuck
>>
>>2953863
>>2954033
>hey guys critique my comic
>art looks ugly
>panels simultaneously feel cramped and have unused space
>nope, can't accept your criticism, those are fake words
10/10 bait, got me to reply
>>
>>2953863
it's shit, and unless you post proof I doubt you even drew it lol
>>
>>2954626
every fucking time on /ic/
this is the last time I try to be helpful on this board
>>
>>2953863
You need to inprove your page composition its confusing as fuck. Try looking at comic templates and see how the flow together And it would help you learn more face atonomy your characters faces look hideous.
>>
>>2954524
Paneling and composition are two different things.

Paneling refers to how you fragment and choreograph a scene and lay it on the page.

Composition is how the objects in a scene are arranged together to be visually aesthetic.
>>
>>2953863
Can't tell what's going on in the top row of panels. Is there supposed to be narration or something too? Feels like there's something missing. I don't know if the window thing's supposed to open or what, or what she's doing over there,

What's the story? Kinda shouldn't have to ask that question.

Understanding Comics and Making Comics are good books to start out with, they're more like essays than proper art books though.
>>
>>2953863
too many panels
>>
Shit paneling, Im guessing you copied an american comi book. You should have gone with a french comicbook or Japanese. Read those basic filmshots please.
>>
>>2955728
Yeah, why ARE the nips and the frogs so much better at comics than the burgers?
>>
File: IMG_20170425_102932.jpg (213KB, 504x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170425_102932.jpg
213KB, 504x657px
>>2954792
I agree with
>>2953863
Alright you bunch a d/ic/kneads, this isnt the worst thing to come out of /ic/
Anyway OP firstly, study anatomy, damn! After that you need to study perspective. Once you know those two keystones of art you can do everything youre "trying" to do.

Your panel work is a mess. But, right now its really the storytelling that's making it unclear.
What's happening in the first three panels? You either need more panels to really make it clear, or less and get straight to the point. Learn how to edit yourself.
And what the hell is happening in the last four panels with the green thing, are these things really needed to advance the story?

What's really happening here is you are using skills that are far to advanced for you. Keep practicing
>>
>>2953863
>asking for critique for something done in 2015
For what purpose? Seems like a troll thread to me or some lazy attempt to advertise.

Honestly the page is just a mess. Without the dialogue on the page available on the site it's impossible to even figure out what's happening. I figured it out after a few minutes of staring but it shouldn't take more than a glance if it's a well designed page with flowing panel work.
>>
>>2954033
You're aware there's comics experts and comics theorists and comics critics right? And they all use the word "paneling" because it specifically refers to just the way the panels are, and nothing else. Quit being a stubborn dumbass.

Fine, "paneling" isn't a word. Your "use of panels" is garbage.
>>
>>2953863
You need more consistency of color from panel to panel. It's very jarring to shit the palette from frame to frame like that. It doesn't feel like these panels are connected at all, because of it.

You should also pay around with composition more. All of your characters are viewed from the same angle. All of the scenes are from the same angle, no above or below shots. The two panels in the middle are awkwardly cramped and hard to figure out what the focus is. I had to check that it's the same character through all the panels.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.