[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell happened with bengus?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: Comparative_art.jpg (648KB, 2800x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Comparative_art.jpg
648KB, 2800x2200px
What the hell happened with bengus?
>>
looks like he just flat out stopped trying
>>
Could you expand on this?
From what I can see the old one had an awkward perspective, same face and looked pretty low quality

In the new one all the characters show character, different shapes and sizes and the perspective is easier to look at

Compositionally the old one looks nicer, I think the new one looks more like a messy group photo

This is all my opinion and I'm not that great of an artist

What is it about it that ticks you off?
>>
You're an idiot the new one has much more dynamic poses. Maybe you prefer the colours in the old one but the raw drawing is definitely better in the new one.
>>
>>2952087
they're both shit. nothing ever happened
>>
:(
>>
am i ngmi if i unironically like bengus?
>>
File: OOGABOOGA.jpg (22KB, 189x312px) Image search: [Google]
OOGABOOGA.jpg
22KB, 189x312px
>>2952087
can't even tell if its bait or not, the 2nd one is way better in every way
>>
File: USFII-Poster.jpg (839KB, 1926x2447px) Image search: [Google]
USFII-Poster.jpg
839KB, 1926x2447px
Shit quality, mate.
>>
>>2952087
That old one looks terrible. Is that actually drawn by Bengus? Looks like the fanart of a 14 year old Deviantart kid.
>>
>>2952087
The one one looks pretty bad. Look at Chun Li's hand. Dafuq is that?
>>
I prefer his newer style/the newer style of his other ex-Capcom peers.
>>
Bait thread.
>>
>>2952087
The new one is better, guess you just prefer blue over red.
>>
File: Capture.png (64KB, 114x188px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
64KB, 114x188px
reminder that this is what /ic/ thinks is good
>>
File: k.jpg (90KB, 356x396px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
90KB, 356x396px
>>2952087
>What the hell happened with bengus?
>>
>>2952087
>>2952111
It's just another retarded /v/ thread. Sage and hide.
>>
>>2952649
Marge Simpson went Super Saiyan?
>>
>there are people on /ic/ RIGHT NOW who think the first one is somehow better
back to /v/, niggers
>>
>>2952178
I like him too, one of my biggest inspirations
>>
>picking this out of all his older works to try to imply he was better before
He's done some really nice stuff in the past that one can argue is more "interesting" or "unique" or "aesthetically pleasing" compared to some of his recent work. The work on the left is NOT one of those. It was ok back then but it's not better than the one on the right other than the overall composition of the posing being easier to read.
>>
>>2952087
>>2952104
>>2952111
>>2952176
Anyone who thinks that the left side is better is fucking retarded.
>>
I heard he had to draw shitloads of illustrations in a short time before SFV's release. That's why SFV 2D cutscenes looks like shit.
>>
>>2952087
Depression or disease.
>>
right looks a million times better idk what youre talking about.
>>
>>2952368
>>
>>2952087
Right > Left
>>
>>2952087
He's better now
>>
The perspecive is better
The color is better and not chalky
Expressions unique
He copied some characters in the first one

What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>2952087
Right is far superior. It has a level of confidence and skill the left severely lacks.
>>
>>2952860
kek
>>
File: Nani.png (1MB, 806x733px) Image search: [Google]
Nani.png
1MB, 806x733px
>>2952193
Explain this shit to my stupid ass please.
>>
>>2954637
capcom showed some concept sketches of ibuki and juri. they were different but not completely different to the in game models but the mini story mode art uses one of the designs show in the concept art. so chances are some or all of the sfv art is concept art for the story.
>>
File: bengus.jpg (448KB, 1556x900px) Image search: [Google]
bengus.jpg
448KB, 1556x900px
OP is an idiot
better comparison
>>
>>2961363
I was wondering when someone would post new art that actually looked shitty
>>
>>2961363
I had a dip in quality like this once.
When I was sick, my ex left me and I was overoworked.
So in his case probably health issues and stress
>>
>>2960626
^
>>
>>2961363
people don't understand that SFV campaign was rushed as fuck, that's why the art looks like shit
if they didn't try to push the game out as soon as possible it'd be better and have better art
>>
>>2963197
indeed, i'm pretty sure they guy even said in an interview that they told him he had 1/4 the time they originally set after he'd already been working on it for a month or so
>>
Dead
>>
>>2952087
anime ruined his shit

i unironically think it did, you see more goofy cartoon expressions and less indepth colour so he started to pander to memekids and became worse artist
>>
I think it has to do with him going from street fighter II and darkstalkers, to much more simplified colors and figures for the versus games, power stone etc.
But I like his new work, it has some nice expressions and a sense of character. I guess all those years of drawing ryus and chun lis and all just got streamlined into what are the basics of the character in mind.
>>
File: vbxbxfgbfgbfg.png (1MB, 1470x792px) Image search: [Google]
vbxbxfgbfgbfg.png
1MB, 1470x792px
>>2960626
First of all, quit using MSpaint like a heathen, 2nd learn anatomy. Also you know damn well Chun Li got them thicc ass thighs. why the hell is you drawing sausage links for?

anyways here's my edit that "explains this shit to your stupid ass".

Also lastly I want to add, the new pic is miles better drawn than the original. the original was garbage. If you think it's better... fine, if you like it more... fine, but if you think it's better drawn... you must be out your damn mind.
>>
I like his art still he's just a dick of a person.
>>
>>2964565
He's one of my favs. What did he do to be a dick?
>>
>>2960626
clearly you don't know about chun-li's rediculous hips
>>
>>2952087
desu right seems more in line with what's popular and sells today.
>>
>>2964543
First of all you made up the left line of the left leg silhouette to make it look stupid to prove your point. You're done.
>>
>>2967278
yeah its a modern look, the alpha/vampire savior/mvc works he did were heavily based on anime at the time as well
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.