[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A thing I'm working on but the leg is fucked, any help?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: baseball10.jpg (786KB, 1500x1338px) Image search: [Google]
baseball10.jpg
786KB, 1500x1338px
A thing I'm working on but the leg is fucked, any help?
>>
File: 495.jpg (2MB, 2373x1338px) Image search: [Google]
495.jpg
2MB, 2373x1338px
>>2951988
The perspective is messed up on it. So the lines on the sock and way the pants are there wrapping around the leg need to go in the other direction.

Also I feel the front player is too big and looks like a giant? I just drew a player guessing roughly how big they would be here based on where I am guessing the horizon is.
>>
>>2952002
yeah, problem is I'm playing with weird perspective anyways. It's supposed to be kind of worm's eye. But you're right about the shape.
>>
>>2952006
Well I think you need a lower horizon line then. Based on the background and the various figures it seems that the horizon is a little bit above the fence there. Then using that you can project the size of the people at different places on the field. If you want that sort of extreme perspective you need the horizon much lower.
>>
>>2952011
Yeah that's a good point, I am going for some fish eye quality, but it's too much right now. If I lower that it might help figure the leg out.
>>
File: eyelevel.jpg (68KB, 513x800px) Image search: [Google]
eyelevel.jpg
68KB, 513x800px
>>2952015
A trick on figuring out the size of various objects in different places is that if the objects are identical (like humans of the same height) then the horizon line will always intersect each object at the exact same point. Like if the horizon line is at the shoulder of one, you can put a figure anywhere else in the image and scale it to your will as long as the shoulder intersects the horizon. If you want a giant foot in the foreground you need to have the horizon low so it is near the feet of all the players.

I attached a picture showing this. You can see in 1) the horizon is intersecting all of them at the knees, 2) it intersects partway down the torso, and 3) it intersects at head height
>>
File: fishaction-camraphy-4.jpg (672KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
fishaction-camraphy-4.jpg
672KB, 1680x945px
>>2952026
>>2952026
Problem is that I'm trying to draw it as fisheyed from the start, so the horizon was always going to be off which complicates things.
>>
>>2952041
But nothing in the image indicated it is fisheye
>>
>>2952046
It's subtle.
>>
>>2952026
Reading your post made me feel uncomfortable. I never knew real life was so orderly
>>
>>2952127
then you didn't do your loomis
>>
>>2952117
Its literally not fisheye. The horizon is straight.
>>
File: ant4777.jpg (499KB, 1000x793px) Image search: [Google]
ant4777.jpg
499KB, 1000x793px
>>2952117
Not me, but it is subtle and also not totally fisheye, just a similar kind of perspective warp. Also it's only part of it because pieces aren't together. This is part of the lower bit

>>2952137
The horizon would be curved and the background slightly is, but the horizon isn't in frame. It was extra confusing showing just this though. Anyways, thanks for the help.
>>
>>2952205
The horizon being so straight (even from a sample, unless your drawing is FUCKING huge) still doesn't really give much of a warped view.

It's still a really nice drawing, though. I hope you post the finished product in the Draw thread or something. Also, is this some sort of graphite collage you're finishing up digitally or what?
>>
File: dragonfly in a meadow_s.jpg (2MB, 2000x1547px) Image search: [Google]
dragonfly in a meadow_s.jpg
2MB, 2000x1547px
>>2952238
It'll all be pieced together physically in the end, but it's still a ways off. Eventually it will be painted similar to this. I will post when done though and thanks for the help.
>>
>>2952246
Oh woah, I didn't realize that the OP piece was literally paper layered. How are you going to hide the seams of paper?
You have a really nice sense of texture, by the way. Makes me want to focus on graphite again!
>>
>>2952261
I'm going to cut them out and jigsaw it together before painting. I'm trying to hide the seams by making the cutouts along hard edges. I've done it like that a little before but nothing this big. It'll be about 6x6 foot in the end. The goal is to show a progression of detail from the microscopic to very large.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.