[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any value to art without any sort of technique or training?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 01-basquiat-painting.jpg (553KB, 1400x795px) Image search: [Google]
01-basquiat-painting.jpg
553KB, 1400x795px
Is there any value to art without any sort of technique or training?
>>
No
Golden number bullshit is fake too
>>
>>2950723
Yes if you mean art that purposefully rejects already learned technique or training. Art is contextual and usually a commentary on the societal aspects of a particular period of time. This commentary can be enhanced or simply changed by the techniques and traditions used by the artist or lack thereof.
No if the artist legitimately doesn't know how to do shit. (There are still some exceptions to this but that stuff is allowed for very specific circumstances and situations.)

Keep in mind that Basqiat was trained as an artist and knew more about drawing and painting than anyone on /ic/. Picasso too was someone who got a lot of shit from idiots who only saw the cubist stuff and assumed he couldnt hack it as a realist. Picasso could draw and paint like an angel.

Moral of the story. Go back to life drawing. Your style shit aint gonna cut it,.
>>
>>2950723
yes, it's an unregulated market so you can make a mint, now that's value $$$$$
>>
>>2950723
Go ahead and explain the intrinsic value of fine art. Quantify it too.
>>
>>2950723
It's called "Outsider Art" and yes, there's a market for that.
>>
>>2950739

>Keep in mind that Basqiat was trained as an artist and knew more about drawing and painting than anyone on /ic/.

Lol no bro my dad was an architect and taught me how to draw since I was a fuckin kid and I decided I wanted to be an artist in kindergarden. I can draw better than him

My hs teachers used to say shit like this, it pissed me off big time. There are some people who actually are as good as the greats today
>>
>>2950739
Basquiat was not trained he was scrawled shit on the streets with spray paint which is why he was exalted. If he had a traditional training he would have lost his unique appeal.

Why do you just make shit up?
>>
>>2950723
yeh its all about pulling strings until you get your stuff showing up everywhere. So then everyone is forced to go 'well ok i guess this represents our culture now.'
>>
>>2950723
yeah def
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.