[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP, I practice but I still suck

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

http://takiminada.deviantart.com/

So, this artist is like my biggest idol ever. I love everything about her work from her anatomy to values to color. I've been grinding hardcore for the past 2 years to reach her level and i'm still not even close? What gives? I practice the same stuff that she does? Are some artists simply unreachable due to uncontrollable factors like talent?
>>
>>2950320
>I've been grinding hardcore for the past 2 years
How did you grind?
>>
Ban that shitposting spammer faggot of OP already.
>>
>>2950320
Definitely not. The person you've linked isn't particularly talented, fairly average compared to the artists out there.

It's about how you practice and apply yourself.
>>
File: yKCbNUb.png (424KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
yKCbNUb.png
424KB, 539x960px
>>2950323
What kind of stupid question is that, by studying my basics of course, like anatomy and construction.
>>2950325
This is literally the first thread I ever made. Fuck off.
>>
File: losing_it_by_takiminada-db5689p.png (4MB, 2328x3635px) Image search: [Google]
losing_it_by_takiminada-db5689p.png
4MB, 2328x3635px
>>2950327
Fairly average? Because it's normal for people on deviantart to be able to draw as well as this. Just how fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>2950337
With the # of shit artists on dA, it isn't normal, but being out of the norm doesn't mean you're fucking amazing. The only fucking retard here is obviously you considering your retarded false equivalency and the fact that you wasted two whole years and couldn't even get close to your "idol". Fucking kek.
>>
File: pomrhLF.jpg (378KB, 1079x646px) Image search: [Google]
pomrhLF.jpg
378KB, 1079x646px
>>2950349
Quit beating around the bush. The fact that you even said it was fairly average was a retarded statement especially in comparison to the majority of artwork posted on the internet.

And if someone as "retarded" as me is only capable of reaching this level, I can't even begin to fathom how shit your artwork is.
>>
>>2950363
Wasn't even the guy you originally responded to. Doesn't change the fact that you made a retarded false equivalency and are immensely butthurt because your "idol" isn't anything impressive. Yes, being better than shit doesn't make you fucking amazing; it just makes you better than shit. Does that blow your low IQ mind?

Good job wasting two years of your life and fuck off back to dA or whatever hole you crawled to here from newfag.
>>
>>2950377
Her work is impressive, you'd see that if you weren't a dunning kruger who's still drawing stick figures :P
>>
>>2950330
>stupid question
It's the only question that matters.
If you don't have a proper critical mindset and just grind without thought, you're not going to improve.
It doesn't matter that you're trying to study the basics, it's about HOW you study.
>>
>>2950415
Obviously, you grind with thought, sherlock.
>>
OP, why are you being such a whiny bitch?
If you actually want an answer to why you are still shit answer this guys question >>2950323 otherwise get fucked and stop being so defensive.
Also the artist you posted is pretty mediocre, better than most of DA, but still dull. If you had a better taste in art you would start striving for higher goals.
>>
>>2950320
Hey this is the artist in the OP image. Can you NOT make threads about me. I've already seen a lot of people from the sycra forums who had threads about them. Who's doing this? This is really irritating. I also saw a thread of jpeg, this is really not cool. You need to get a life.
>>
>>2950330

>This is literally the first thread I ever made. Fuck off.

That's a lie. Even if it wasn't (but it is), you shoulders shut the fuck up, lurk more and don't be retarded.
"Grinding for 2 years" - good joke. 1/5, try again in few months.
>>
>>2950446
>Hey this is the artist in the OP image

You better prove it.
>>
File: 2d_by_takiminada-db4ykw1.png.jpg (85KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
2d_by_takiminada-db4ykw1.png.jpg
85KB, 752x1063px
>>2950320
do you really want to draw like this
>>
>>2950320
>>2950330
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>2950337
Almost every industry pro in videogames, editorial and movies has a dA account.
You're shit compared to them as much as sonichu may be shit compared to you.
>>
File: 1491587780950.jpg (320KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1491587780950.jpg
320KB, 900x1350px
>>2950389
Not gona make it and her work is mediore now gtfo
>>
>>2950320
>http://takiminada.deviantart.com/
mediocre but does sort of cute art. just keep practicing and studying things you like about that style. you will get there. figure it out.
>>
>>2950320
Learn to steal, baby. That's all tumblrcore people do and that's also what all seemingly good artists do too.

You're enticed by how shameless they are about stealing aeshetic principles. But you can do it too. Stop drawing hands and boxes thinking it will get you anywhere. Start copying anime, then start altering it just a little bit and releasing it, maybe fuck with the colors. Nobody will care. There are too many people who worship what you make for what it is - no, proabably less than what it is, because they can't see the process.

Deflate the mysticism, kill your idols. This bitch can barely draw, look at her brush control. Yuck.
>>
>>2950363
And I see you attempting designs. But you aren't using any references or good inspirations. You're trying to make original designs, which fucking suck.

>Angry fierce girl
Failing to pull off her own design. She's suffering inside.
>snot nosed kid
Sad
>likeable white dad blockface
Sad.
>two fashionable art students (this ones not bad)
>string bean hipster
Complete shit.

Get more refs, and use them. You suck ass and will never grow wtih original designs.
>>
>>2950330
>What kind of stupid question is that

Judging by your picture, exactly the sort of question you should ask yourself a little more carefully.

If that's 2 years of "grinding hardcore" we either have very different definitions of hardcore or you're grinding poorly.
>>
>>2950918
>http://takiminada.deviantart.com/
>Russian
Now it makes sense.
Leave it to the Russians (and chinese) to steal efficiently. She probably didn't start drawing too long ago either.
>>
>>2950337
Note I said compared to the artists out there. I'm pretty sure 90% of deviantart aren't good enough to be an artist.

You can argue anyone can be an artist I guess, but let's be real.
>>
>>2950337
>>2950936

Also, just cause the majority are garbage doesn't mean you have to compare yourself to them. Gotta aim for the top if you wanna make it. Don't be satisfied with average in yourself and your idol.
>>
I don't know what's going on in this thread, but OP, some artists just take to things faster than others. You shouldn't be comparing your improvement to an artist you already admire, anyway. Do you even know how long they've been drawing? Maybe they put in more hours than you every day, anyway, meaning there's always going to be a gap in skill.

I don't see the problem with being motivated by a non-god-tier artist, but it's also important to be inspired by all sorts of artists of different skill levels. Masters and amateurs teach very different things.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.