[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1490017755023.png (811KB, 942x858px) Image search: [Google]
1490017755023.png
811KB, 942x858px
Hey guys,

This weekend I'm looking to improve the /beg/ sticky.

I am opening another round of input/help. If you have any comments or even would like to directly contribute. Feel free to drop into the discord i've created (for this occasion specifically, only meant for discussion of sticky) here: https://discord.gg/Xpdajga or post a reply
and of course to read the sticky here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwaXKU7ev6Tw_or__o8ARpUb6r2rCZYJGqwSFV9AD98/edit#

As a closing note, I've written what I personally think the sticky should strive to be in the comments of the sticky.

Anyway, Thank you very much for helping me.
Sincerely,
Nose
>>
>>2949484
I would like to stretch that everything helps. Everyone who participates gets to be put in the credits.
>>
File: 598-P517-V2.jpg (76KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
598-P517-V2.jpg
76KB, 720x540px
>>2949484
What is the art level of the people writing this?
>>
>>2949484
as a beginner, i'd rather avoid wasting my time reading a 50+ pages document made by a literally who, instead of any of the commonly recommended books that are a simple google search away.
>>
>>2949502
low but higher than yours, it depends on which parts.
>>2949505
most of the questions asked on the forum are answered in the sticky though. May it be setting up your tablet, what sites to use to post, the name of basic terms, recommended books for X, etc. its not really 50 pages long since you won't have to read most of it
>>
>>2949514
Links to blogs etc.?
>>
did you see the conversations on /beg/ we had there?

the most important thing is to have a resolute pathway for complete beginners, DAB, keys, fun with a pencil, HTD by scott etc. have that clear and concise at the top to filter out the shitmunchers.

also for the later parts, try and have as much explained by actual professional teachers and less by nosebro and anons. link to villpu, hampton, loomis, etc on respective subjects to explain certain categories. also less proko shilling i think.

people have had ideas in the past, im sure they will crop up here. also maybe hosting it on google docs isnt the best. its quite slow even on a good PC and doesnt have many benefits over pastebin or something. (maybe find something else that hosts images).

its good that you are doing this. it needs a rework.
>>
I had a quick look at the doc and I'd like to make a few suggestions:

- Re-order some parts according to level of detail and skill level. It's weird that after the TOC you jump right into very specific information about drawing principles. It would be better to start out with some basic glossary and short explanation of various principles (drawing, design, colour, etc.) and rules. Then, if someone is interested, go into further detail.

- It seems a lot of information is very subjective. It might be nice to try to be more objective.

- It might be good to trim some fat too. What's the point of adding Photoshop shortcuts if you can just post a link to an online Adobe guide.
>>
>>2949484
host it on a tumblr post or what
>>
File: 1492072249202.jpg (20KB, 519x422px) Image search: [Google]
1492072249202.jpg
20KB, 519x422px
Put drawabox in there if you know what's good for you, because it's the best
>>
>>2949752
kys drawabox is shit
>>
>>2949769
no
>>
>>2949769
>>2949773
>reasons why draw a box was removed #5
>>
File: file.png (244KB, 1211x773px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
244KB, 1211x773px
>>2949502
>>
>>2949829
it shouldnt be written by anons mostly. it should paste or link to professional teachings.
>>
>>2949769
Drawabox is shit. If you want to learn peter han's method learn directly from him. He has a book called the dynamic bible.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.