[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chris Oatley Academy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ChrisOatley_AnimalFarm_800w.jpg (429KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
ChrisOatley_AnimalFarm_800w.jpg
429KB, 800x1035px
Thoughts on your favorite digital painting course?

I'm considering joining this one, but I'm also playing around with

CntrlPaint premium series
Levelup Workshop. Through conceptart.org
https://artcamp.com - Noah Bradley

Mostly looking for a community to help guide my direction. Ideally a mentored course.

IC just isn't enough these days. While I am self motivated enough to work daily, I feel like my efforts could be focused better.

Is this the correct route?
Have you had any experience in any of these courses, or others?
What might you recommend?
>>
>CntrlPaint premium series
you can get it for "free" if you know where to look
>levelup workshop
you can see videos for free if you google to see the quality; it's not good and if you look deeper the reviews are bad
>artcamp noah bradley
you can get camp 1 for free if you know where to look + it's bad; noah can't teach
>christ oatley
he locks you into a few videos a month intentionally to eat your money and it's not really for beginners

your best bet is ctrl+paint and schoolism courses
>>
>>2949301
oh right

lvlup forums on CA are near dead and so are the Oatley forums. Don't believe there is some community behind the paywall.
>>
>>2949301
>your best bet is ctrl+paint and schoolism courses

>you can get it for "free" if you know where to look

Good news, thanks.

But the community aspect is absent in ctrl+paint. So still not quite ideal.

I don't know anything about schoolism, but it looks cool. Has anyone taken any of these courses that they can recommend?

Painting with Light and Color
with Dice Tsutsumi and Robert Kondo

Looks pretty good.

Really I'm looking for some clear goals solid lesson plan and constructive critique from artists of superior ability.

IC can be great, but sometimes posts get no response or non critiques like: "I like it"/"It's bad"
>>
>>2949327
Schoolism is the best you can get in terms of crits; just compare what you did to the hundreds of others. Each course has a library of over 100 critiques from past students who paid premium for the course and each crit is like 15 to 20 minutes long. You can't get any better than that, and for the price it's on par with CGMA.

Totally not affiliated with Chiu.

Also CTRL+PAIN is laid out as lesson plan as it can get. You go through the free videos and when matt drops the "learn this in my premium course" you learn from the premium. Really, it's hand holding like point blank in your face.
>>
>>2949279
bump
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.