[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the quran is aesthetically appealing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 19

File: Quran.jpg (504KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Quran.jpg
504KB, 1600x1067px
Do you think the quran is aesthetically appealing?
>>
File: CmYmlsdWgAUOBUS.jpg (278KB, 712x902px) Image search: [Google]
CmYmlsdWgAUOBUS.jpg
278KB, 712x902px
Not really. The Hamzanama is pretty cool though.
>>
>>2948786
What's happening here?
>>
>>2948797
The guy walking on the water is Elijah, a prophet. He's saving a prince from drowning.

Here's Hamza slaying a fucking dragon
>>
islamic art in general is boring and lame since they have a strict rule about not drawing living things
>>
File: 17456666.jpg (166KB, 747x1024px) Image search: [Google]
17456666.jpg
166KB, 747x1024px
>>2948817
if you bothered to study any of it you'd find that there is a ton of secular islamic art that includes figures. Sometimes they even drew the prophet Muhammad, they just usually omit depicting his actual face. Pic related.
>>
How do I imitate this kind of perspective?
>>
>>2948776
Greco-Buddhist art is where it's at, m8.
>>
>>2948835
1. Immigrate in unsuspecting countries hardcore liberal countries.
2. Hide under the guise of religious tolerance.
3. Kill infidels when there is enough of you.
4. Implement sharia law that excecutes women and gay people.
>>
>>2948838
that's too much commitment just for my art
>>
Islamic architecture is pretty based.
>>
>>2948842
>They create this incredible art.
>Yet they fuck kiddies
Why.
>>
>>2948843
because they can't drink or fuck or do anything fun and they live in a bunch of sand, I'd be pretty pissed off too
>>
>>2948849
We should send them back take away their quran and give them anime instead. See how quickly they will be immasculated and the wars will end.
>>
>>2948843
>They create this incredible art.
>Yet they fuck kiddies

Boipussy is the best kind of pussy.

All great civilizations know this.
>>
>>2948776
It's pretty cool I guess, grimdark sort of look.
>>2948843
Because that aesthetic is old, barely has anything to do with modern Islam. Civilization collapse in degeneracy ála Rome, they haven't done anything noteworthy for hundreds of years beside waging war.
>>
>>2948879
>>2948879

This. All the noteworthy "islamic" art is pre current islam, and more often than not heavily influenced by older, non-shitty cultures.
>>
>>2948843
Stop being fed lies by /pol/, most Muslims are normal people. They don't fuck kids. Their beliefs are less ISIS and more conservative southern US Christian (conservative Christianity, i.e: actual Christianity, not the joke it has become in the West, and Islam are very similar)
>>
>>2948840
that's way you create a cult
>>
>>2948843
>create this incredible art.
>fuck kiddies
choose 2
>>
>>2948911
so, does the koolaid taste good? i hope it does.
>>
>>2948911
Even here in SE Asia, muslims are still scum.
>>
>>2948911
The only thing that is a joke is your post.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 356x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 356x447px
>>2948911
I hope this is bait
>>
>>2948911
>most Muslims are normal people.
kek
>>
File: whateverhappens.jpg (42KB, 958x720px) Image search: [Google]
whateverhappens.jpg
42KB, 958x720px
>>2948911

Not the same guy, but I am a Muslim, my best friend whom i've known for 9 years now is a christian. We have different perspectives on many things but our bond is truly strong, we've been through literally shit (thanks life) and still remained strong friends.

sometimes it can feel really difficult to comprehend something when so much information is being blown at people via the internet. Community died a long time ago in the west so people dont interact with different cultures in real life anymore. Which is why a lot of stereotypes, misconceptions and hate can propagate pretty quickly.

Me personally, my political views lean towards the right, I care about people's rights, freedom and liberty (im from the UK). A lot of muslims I know are the same and I know a lot. I see modern feminazism, leftist culture and its sickening how change is replacing truth.

Not everyone in the world is a bad person, every culture has its cunts that's granted. But you've nothing to fear from western muslims, we pretty much want the exact same thing as you. Hatred only breeds conflict and conflict only breeds pain and suffering. We have enough of that as artists already, going abouts our journey.

I don't know why I posted this, and I probably know i'll get shitposted but maybe this'll strike a chord with someone here.

Oh well, whatever happens. Happens.

God bless you all.
>>
File: Jesus_Name_in_Arabic.gif (18KB, 214x208px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_Name_in_Arabic.gif
18KB, 214x208px
yes the calligraphy is beautiful

i have copied the 99 names of allah

also jesus cameos as Isa )pic related)
>>
File: sdsd.jpg (390KB, 1440x1950px) Image search: [Google]
sdsd.jpg
390KB, 1440x1950px
H O L Y W O R KS AND AESTHETICS
or how i learned how to stop worrying and picked the right religion to believe in to git gud

ॐHINDUISM - maximilism
-bhagavad gita

اللهISLAM - minimalism
-quaran

JUDIASM - abstract
Kabbalah
OLD TESTAMENT

CHRISTIANITY - figural
new testament

BUDDHISM - i want to make art that helps people find enlightenment
Tibetan buddhism

ZEN - minimalism in both art and life
beginners mind, zen mind

SHINTO - i am a weeaboo
heian poetry
>>
>>2949034
i hope you die
you and all other muslims should all die, disappear of this planet and stop being a cancer to literally every country you invade
die. painfully please. you are a fucking disease. no one else is as terrible as you assholes.
>>
>>2948817
Their calligraphy is kick-ass, and as the dude above showed that prohibition isn't a strict rule in all of Islam.
>>
>>2948883
Everything is pre-current you cunt. Your post is pre-current.
>>
>>2948883
Name one culture whose art was not influenced by the art of
past cultures/other contemporary cultures.
>>
>>2949034
No shit you're right wing. No such thing as a liberal Muslim. Stone the gays and make sure to pray, sounds like the Christian Right in the US
>>
>>2949034
>my political views lean towards the right
>, I care about people's rights, freedom and liberty
>>
File: 256652256256562.jpg (75KB, 800x625px) Image search: [Google]
256652256256562.jpg
75KB, 800x625px
>>2949034
I really wish we could live together. But you don't want to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRkFEMUDwwU
>>
>>2948911
lmao, defending shit skins and sand niggers.

I am waiting to see a Christians fringe group start beheading people and blowing themselves up screaming God is great.

If not Islam is as venomous and filthy as their followers.

In fact, the only thing stopping me from setting off bombs in Mos is because it will make me look like I am supporting ISIS and doing their job for them. Muslims should kill all Muslims. They do it best too.
>>
>>2949076
Yeah, that sounds right. You're delusional if you think the left stands for any of those things.
>>
File: IMG_0766.jpg (103KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0766.jpg
103KB, 900x300px
>tfw you realize that the reason /ic/ is shit is because they're all 12 year old redditors who shitpost on /pol/ instead of drawing
Really joggins my noggin
>>
>>2948851
>want them to not fug Kiddies
>give them stuff that implies if not outright makes you want to fug kiddies
>>
>>2948826
Derivative trash, honestly.
>>
>>2949034
>L-Look at me! I'm a special individual!
Fuck off.. Go rot in hell with your pedophile prophet.
>>
File: 1483169652860.png (741KB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
1483169652860.png
741KB, 1000x424px
>>2948776
The pattern around the outside looks like a DSS choker
>>
File: confusedolddude.jpg (30KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
confusedolddude.jpg
30KB, 615x409px
>>2949808
>more like they're all 20+ year old shut-ins who spend time complaining on /ic/ instead of drawing
>you and I included
>>
>>2948776
yes, and mosques too, they really hit the ball out of the park swirly-patternwise.

i've been in the office of whatever a muslim priest is called and the set of holy books he had were beautiful even on the shelf, and he was just like a local priestyguy so i doubt his ones were any better than usual.
>>
>>2950041
he was turkish btw, in case that's helpful to like muslim people who want to picture his office or something lol
>>
>>2949034

Hi, if you're still there, are your friends/family accepting of your artistic career?

A muslim dude gave me his artbooks because he decided that, for religious reasons, he didn't want to draw anymore (why didn't it occur to him before, I don't know; as shown above in the thread, some muslims in the past were drawing/painting so...).
>>
>>2948776
eh not rly
all works of religion always seemed too elaborate for my liking
>>
>>2950041
This is fucking gorgeous
>>
Yah
>>
>>2950975
>A muslim dude gave me his artbooks because he decided that, for religious reasons, he didn't want to draw anymore (why didn't it occur to him before, I don't know; as shown above in the thread, some muslims in the past were drawing/painting so...).
I'm a Muslim and a floral painter. What did he draw in that artbook?
In case of haram-ness/illegal in Islam, I'll try to simplify it as follows;
>complete figure/exact copy of human/animal on a canvas/carved/sculpt
>figure with the intention to be worshiped (whether it's secular/religious figure/anime/cartoon)
>drawing lewds that stir your benin/cunts/whatever that is nowadays
>your intent to be a like god (the creator and the maker)
http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-383-3367.htm
Anyway, this is the Sunni view, which is the default settings and mine.
About Shia, they're more lax on this matter, hence the creation of this secular version >>2948826
As long as it's none of the points above, then it's okay to draw (geometries, plants, abstracts) unless that person have the two NOs; be like God and to worship their drawings.
I hope this will answer your question. ;)
>>
>>2951888
Isa Christ. You Muslims are really handicapping yourselves in the art world. I'm guessing the floral painter field is highly competitive.
>>
>>2951888
Salaam, habibi. I personally enjoy drawing and watercolours because it allows me to look, really look, at the creation of Allah. For that sake, I draw animals too.
>>
>>2950044
muslim priest is called imam, mate.
>>
>>2949746
Kony.
>>
>>2949061
ow the edge
>>
>>2948911
Of all places, you go SJW here, lul.
>>
>>2951921
funny enough, it`s probably due to those imitations that they came up with cool arquitecture
>>
>>2952351
>anything that isn't an alt-right opinion is sjw

Grow the fuck up
>>
YES! really like the butt plug neckless to!
>>
>>2949034
You obviously have zero knowledge about Islam. This is not about you. Never been about you or other muslims around the world. Muslims are the victim of this evil cult. Islam needs to reform or just vanish into thin air. The biggest problem with is not about it being fucked up system of submission. It's people like you who defend it without knowing anything about it. I guess I can't expect much from people who's been indoctrinated since infant.
>>
>>2949040
Isn't the writing predates Islam? From what I see everything good about islam. The art, culture etc... are actually taken from the people they conquered.

-Conquer a culture.
-Take credit for that culture achievement.
-Force everyone to convert.
-Make/force the converts with talent to create something for the cult.
>>
File: s1s61Wi.jpg (129KB, 418x600px) Image search: [Google]
s1s61Wi.jpg
129KB, 418x600px
>>2952446
Sorry, but are you dumb?
>>
>>2950041
Too gaudy, to be desu.
>>
>>2948776
Man reading through this thread is kind of nauseating. I know this is 4chan but holy fuck chill that genocidal edge before your autistic rage gives you an anuerism.

/pol/itics were mostly just racist memes and inside jokes for years until newfags flooded the place and thought it was all serious. /pol/ literally memed itself to death. You're all cancer.

At the very least stay in your fucking containment boards.
Discussing the art of different cultures and religions is relevant to /ic/, your opinions are not.
>>
>>2952454
you are forgiven, just not let it happen again
>>
>>2948776
>>2952466

Drawing anything with a soul is described as the biggest sins you can commit. It says artists are lower in hell than thieves and rapists.

After reading that it made sense to me why they focus on ornaments so much.
>>
>>2952466

You're right my dude, having opnions is for pretentions feggets. Serious people like you and me take everything like jokes and memes. Fucking new homosex users don't know how to be a cool guy.

>>2952507

Art takes away from blind worship and indocrintion, makes sense.
>>
>>2952528
yes iconography is usually associated with freedom, ask the catholics..or any dictatorship
>>
>>2952454
A few generation later those who have talent will think that Islam started it all. Thats why you have dumb females who think hijabs represent freedom even though a few generation before them their great grandmothers march in the street because they were forced to wear it. Maybe your indoctrinated brain can't comprehend it... I'm so sorry.
>>
File: 576px-UtrechtIconoclasm.jpg (158KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
576px-UtrechtIconoclasm.jpg
158KB, 576x768px
>>2952528
>retarded circlejerking = valid opinions
>>
>>2952442
>you obviously have 0 knowledge of Islam
>I know way more than you
>the dude is Muslim
Kek congratulations lad. Looks like your dunning kruger is not limited to art
>>
>>2952507
What verse?
>>
>>2952396
Europe still had gothic, baroque, classical, et al without those limitations. Charted cathedral and iconography go hand in hand.
>>
>>2952610
they also had the middle east next door
>>
>>2952625
Interesting that Greek, Roman (which influences Islamic), Byzantine, Romanesque architecture (precursor to Gothic) all predate Islam.

I see no evidence that Islamic art directly influenced these styles.
>>
>>2952657
you're one of those eh? well i concede, all european art is completely insulated from the middle east despite the hundreds of years of cultural contact. you win.
>>
>>2952667
So you're one of those? Ignore my actual points and use sarcasm as a shield.
>>
>>2952601
It has a lot of verses of people whining over paintings and decoration, but the Hadith is really loud and clear about this:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had said: The most grievously tormented people on the Day of Resurrection would be the painters of pictures. (Muslim said): I read this before Nasr b. 'Ali at-Jahdami and he read it before other narrators, the last one being Ibn Sa'id b Abl at Hasan that a person came to Ibn 'Abbas and said: I am the person who paints pictures; give me a religious verdict about them. He (Ibn 'Abbas) said to him: Come near me (still further). He came near him so much so that he placed his hand upon his head and said: I am going to narrate to yor what I heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). I heard him say: All the painters who make pictures would be in the fire of Hell. The soul will be breathed in every picture prepared by him and it shall punish him in the Hell, and he (Ibn 'Abbas) said: If you have to do it at all, then paint the pictures of trees and lifeless things; and Nasr b. 'Ali confirmed it.

It's filled with shit like this btw, no wonder my people are absolute trash at art and if anyone had a painting then it was always trees and waterfalls.
>>
>>2949808
No it's because of all tje beginners making their own threads.
>>
>>2952743
We'll I heard, this dude heard, from this other dude, that Allah said...
>>
>>2952454
Pre-Islamic arabs were a beacon of scientific progress.
Post-Islamic arabs started the slave trade and a bunch of ethnic genocides, causing ripples of chaos in society to this day.
>>
>>2952888
Are you retarded or have you seriously never read a religious text?
>>
>>2948776
It's a book, you shithead. They come in many different versions.
>>
>>2953011
Lmao
>>
File: 458545855526254848.jpg (97KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
458545855526254848.jpg
97KB, 800x518px
>>2952507
Shit man. How can any of you even support Islam?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQ3E0yrmr8
>>
>>2953101
I don't, I grew up as a Muslim. The more I read about it, the more I despise it and understand the sick culture of my people especially because my family are immigrants (we live in Europe). I learned to love the western values of taking responsibility and the emphasis of free speech. Anyone who is claiming to be moderate hasn't read the Quran nor the Hadith or is fearful of getting killed by our peaceful peers.

Anyways, I thought it was interesting to bring it up, because there is a reason why Muslim art only consists of ornaments and patterns because LOOMIS IS HARAM!
>>
>>2949066
>>2949067
Pre-current Islam. meaning that the art was made before the dawning of the Modern Islamic Movement. A lot of art from the ancient times in the middle-east was made before islam was a real thing there
>>
>>2953018
I've read the Quran, the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, the Tao Te Ching, various works by Buddhist and Christian monastics, and a few Upanishads. Why do you ask?

At least the Quran and parts of the Bible claim to be direct from God, the Hadith are like the writings of the church fathers, and I don't see why Muslims see them as canonical as the Quran. Guess that's just my Protestant upbringing.
>>
>>2953806
And what is the Modern Islamic Movement? You're creating a completely arbitrary line in history when you say pre-current Islam.
>>
>>2953786
Though I was never that religious (our family never even went to church), this is what happened with me and Christianity.

>Animals have no souls, so it's okay to do whatever you want to them (Salvation Army Camp)
>Gays and premarital sex are bad, but so is shellfish and wearing a shirt of two different fabrics. Also, slavery is totally cool.
>Sexual repression everywhere, desecrate any ruins or cultures that contain nudity or genitalia.

Not trying to be a fedora boy or whatever, I love religion and mythology, I just don't like following it.
>>
>>2949798
>You're delusional if you think the left stands for any of those things

when will you dumb fuckers realise democrats aren't leftist
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.