[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing around you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Cq3LDsLWIAAbLBy.jpg (139KB, 1036x966px) Image search: [Google]
Cq3LDsLWIAAbLBy.jpg
139KB, 1036x966px
What are some of the best ways to capture a drawing from people walking around, or even at a cafe?

I'm not worried about "getting caught", but rather, some people move around so quickly it's so difficult to grab their action cause I'm so used to models standing still for 1+ minutes.

What's a way to approach drawing people around you?
>>
>>2948308
>draw people in subways or cafes so they will stay relatively still for a few minutes at least
>think like an animator, just get a loose interpretation that captures the gestures
>work on a few at once so that if someone moves you work on another, and often the first person will return to the original pose after a while, then you return to that drawing
>just keep doing it for a while and you will slowly get better at it
>>
Thanks for the input. Will do.
>>
Don't worry too much about capturing exactly what you see, if you someone walking, just go ahead and begin the gesture as quickly as you can and then observe them to learn the details of their form and clothing to layer ontop of that
>>
any videos of people drawing in public to get an idea? i have trouble approaching clothes and i don't want to draw stick figure gestures.
>>
Library
>>
If you draw enough you generally get the hang of filling in the gaps as far as pose goes, and it's more imprinting an idea of their appearance in your head (IE clothing/hair/any particular posture). / getting the bare bones on paper before they're out of sight

it's as much an exercise in memory as it is in actually getting a quick gesture.
>>
>>2948308
Spend the first part of your day doing something so that you'll be on "impulse mode" as soon as your body is granted the opportunity to sit down. Let's say you finish a shift and head to the local mall...grab a medium charcoal pencil or a non-photo blue pencil and draw the broad gestures. If you're in the right mood, you'll just cock your head to find the right subject. You'll capture the general outline of a body, a person's fashion sense, or an expression on the face which typifies a character. Think in terms of genres; parent and child, materialism, dating age, seniors, etc. In my experience, food court employees are the hardest people to draw because they aren't fully "themselves" when they're at their 9-5.
>>
>>2948308
A teacher once told me that a great gesture drawer could stand inside a tall building and see a suicide jumper fall by the window and later draw them perfectly in-fall.

Don't worry if your drawings are shit to begin with. Your memory will improve as you keep drawing and fairly soon you'll be able to capture the essentials of the person, and later all of them, even if you only see them for a moment.
>>
>>2948877
That's kind of an extreme example, but a good one.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.