[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not everybody gives a shit about improving!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

So one of my biggest pet peeves when when d/ic/ks post improvement memes of artists who show little or no improvement in order to feel better about their own slow improvement.

Well let me tell you something you pathetic fucks, not everybody is grinding fundamentals 6 hours a day in order to draw waifus. It doesn't make in any way superior to artists who improve slow because chances are they have a fucking life. Maybe they are in medical school? Maybe they have an awesome fucking social life unlike you neet fucks and only draw once in every blue moon. Maybe they simply don't give a shit?

TLDR: Quit posting shitty improvement memes of artists who barely draw in order to feel better about the fact that you're practicing hardcore and still making little gains you talentless cucks
>>
Why did you feel the need to make your own thread to whine? Just sage and bitch in the offending thread if you really need to moan about it, then hide it you fucking crybaby.
>>
>>2947531
Because I'm trying to send a message across you dipshit. At least I don't cry about shitty improvement.
>>
Did someone tell you were shit anon? Just work harder.
>>
File: 1444345862948.jpg (424KB, 936x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1444345862948.jpg
424KB, 936x1378px
>>2947530
move aside for the people who are going to make it, buddy
>>
>>2947537
Actually when i posted my year progress, the people who commented said I made tons of progress but then again i'm training 3 hours a day grinding fundamentals so it is to be expected. I just don't see the point in making fun of others who don't give a shit about improvement

>>2947538
I've already "made it". I achieved my dreams of making a popular webcomic that people read. No I will not post it, don't wanna be associated with this site.
>>
>>2947530
i think one of the main things /ic/ is for is letting off steam for people who are still new but are 'taking it seriously'

so they make the improvement meme threads, and the red nose thread, and the 'how is this artist famous? he like totally sucks' threads, and they post rude critiques of stuff they're jealous of in the draw threads.

it's just part of the culture here and it don't hurt no one, well, it probably doesn't hurt anyone, maybe
>>
>>2947541
Your expecting 4chan to not act like 4chan. You're dealing with contrarians with a superiority complex, that's true for all boards. Get over it, or don't post here.
>>
File: 1489978428475.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489978428475.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>2947530
I do art as a hobby
if I get money, then that's great but it's not a loss if I don't
checkmate
>>
>>2947541
>I achieved my dreams of making a popular webcomic that people read
aha

>No I will not post it
mhm

>don't wanna be associated with this site
Then fuck off lel

>hurr durr this site is not good enough for my name, let me just shitpost and make the site shitty
kys pls
>>
>>2947571
yes, that should be your attitude too, or are you going to defend 4chan when people call you out later, or are you drawing pedo shit so it doesn't matter
>>
>>2947530
Who said you need to grind fundamentals for 6 hours every day to improve? I improved my art in highschool by just continually drawing pseudo-anime Tumblr shit. Just a few hours of drawing each what is needed if you want to improve at a snail pace. People make fun of those shitty improvement images because you gotta be pretty fucked up to have not improved at all after a long period of practice.

> Maybe they are in medical school?
I've seen artists who are actually in medical with pretty good art. I believe this webcomic's artists is drawn by a woman in medical and while it's not great, it's way better than most improvement memes
http://larkspur.gracemulk.com/
>>
Seriously?

Someone on dA posted a redraw from the previous year. I can probably find it if I look for it.

Anyways, I posted a polive critique. Polite for dA standards, nevermind 4chan. And the bitch told me my opinion was not wanted and I was essentially an asshole for having the audacity to criticize her work.

So these year improvement redraw memes always rub me the wrong way.
>>
>>2947573
Nigger, I don't know what you think you're saying, but it's retarded.
>>
>>2947581
Why would you ever give unwanted critique?

Im siding with her on this you were just looking to annoy someone.
>>
>>2947581
find it i wanna see her response lol
>>
>>2947581
not everyone wants to be critiqued. most of the people here don't mind, but a lot of people take it as a personal insult if you tell them there's something wrong with their artwork.

also go find it. sounds like a fun read
>>
Hello tumblr, did we offend you?
>>
>>2947530
no harm is done in making fun of normies who are ngmi and are disgusting hobbyist
>>
>>2947530
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>2947530
>They do not improve their skills (because of them) and we laugh.
But we should feel bad because they STILL do well in social life and not us?

I am here to learn to draw well, I have a job and drawing when I can, I advance periodically because I dedicate my time learning.

... And it's not our fault that they share their shitty drawings.
>>
>>2947581
I don't think you should critique people on social media. Sending a private message saying it is 100% fine imo. I remember I posted a painting once and somebody critiqued it, but it didn't end with that, a different person said they don't see that mistake and like my work. Could have ended there too right? No.. the person who critiqued me was trying to convince everybody else I'm shit ( I am ) but this goes too far.

Just a reminder to everyone, just don't.
>>
>>2947530
>Being this butraviged because a couple of neets are having a circlejerking powertrip.

Its called dunning kruger effect /ic/ is full of it
>>
It's less about them not improving in such a long amount of time and more about them being proud enough to use an improvement meme to bring attention to their "improvement"
>>
>>2947530
I can open any thread and any image, but once I try to open this OP pic it freezes and I can't open any other pics till i restart the browser.

Any ideas why?
>>
>>2949655
your browser refuses to open this b8
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.