[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reality or myth

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: r.jpg (34KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
34KB, 425x600px
There's people who actually learned how to draw anime girls using the sticky?
>>
>>2947324
beginner1 is doing just that but he still sucks for now
>>
>>2947326
does he have a blog or do you have some examples of his work?
>>
>>2947324
Stop being lazy and learn how to draw, anime is just cartoons, and any cartoonist will know how to draw realistic anatomy.
>>
>>2947324
myth. anybody who reads the sticky transcends anime.
>>
Myth
To learn to draw anime, you need to draw anime. Study what actual japanase artists say about how they learned to draw. Most mangaka will say they learned from copying their favorite manga. It's an inbred style, the learning to master realism, then form your own stylzation meme doesn't actually worokout. It's why so many accomplished american artists try manga and are utter shit at it, it doesn't look authentic at all. And of course you CAN'T skip fundamentals, they apply to all drawing, that's why they are fundamentals. You just cant expect to put all your time into mastering realism, then expect to instantly be good at drawing anime. You get good at what you practice.
>>
Realism comes first
Stop being lazy
>>
File: 1450380809820.jpg (627KB, 1270x724px) Image search: [Google]
1450380809820.jpg
627KB, 1270x724px
>>2947324
But shitpsoting outside
>>2947544
This. Don't fall into "grinding anatomy 24/7" meme. Try to draw even without construction sometimes
>>
You still have to learn basic anatomy. You cant stylise if there isnt anything to stylise.
>>
To have real freedom when drawing you need absolute solid fundamental skills. Otherwise you will be always some half assed shit artist that may do the one thing he practiced well but can't do anything else. Your entire art will be about compromises if you skip the fundamentals, do you want that?
>>
>>2947544
What a coincidence, I've been stressing over how to get that authentic anime look for a while now, but it makes sense that jap artists would learn it from studying mangaka. Do you have any links to those quotes/tips?
>>
>>2947324
What you need is....a basic understanding of anatomy, perspective, beautiful colours, knowledge of anime shape design, composition (so you can lead the viewers eyes)

Remember, the reason we study so many principles is because you want to draw a convincing anime girls with no distracting features that kill the immersion.

I believe art is about immersion and aesthetics.
>>
>>2949335
And pretty much every mangaka with good art has a traditional background.
>>
>>2947544
anime peeps study old masters and perspective. But I'd say, at least 70% of that time is learning animu.

Perspective is fuckin important
>>
>>2949439
>traditional background
This literally doesn't even mean anything.
>>
my animu shit go t alot better after spending 2 years just doing life study

it's the difference between laying down some shitty symbol lips and the actually drawing a lip line and looking at it and going "...no, it wouldn't look like that" and re-drawing it until it acquires depth and realism

then just slowly and carefully applying this approach to every single line you draw
>>
File: x2.png (2MB, 1504x1000px) Image search: [Google]
x2.png
2MB, 1504x1000px
The sticky is definitely valuable but you also need to apply to trying to create waifus you cant just study realism and expect to draw waifus instantly sketch daily pic related
>>
>>2949350
I don't have any direct links off the top of my head, sorry. In Bakuman tho, the manga about dies trying to create a manga, the artist sets out to copy 1000 manga pages from the top manga to learn to draw. An I do remember a quote of an artist that said he learned 80% from other artist, and like 20% from traditional methods.
And for the others, I never said skip fundamentals or that the weren't important, in fact i said just the opposite. You learn the basics, then you put it into practice. You need to have a basic understanding of anatomy, perspective, ect. But all of those things are present in manga, so you are still practice those things especially if you're coping manga pages, where your drawing the same character in different poses, from different angles, and in different settings and backgrounds.
What I don't but is this
>>2948060
>>
>>2949574
what is that pic from?
>>
>>2949876
images are from a fanbox on pixiv

the dude
https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=93360

and his youtube he only recently made
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8TV9ZkhiYByVKjyJABVMNg
>>
>>2949921
thanks anon.
>>
>>2949921
i didnt realize that was the h-book guy. thats cool
>>
>>2949930
Me too, must be his because I recognize his rendering style, but everything else is sort of lost.
>>
>>2949876
houtengeki, aka the nip who can only draw the same thicc anime girl but with different skin tones.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.