[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art School

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
Anyone know how good http://www.vanas.ca/ is? Thinking bout their concept art diploma. Help me decide my future /ic/!
>>
>in canada
>animation school
Looks good.
>>
Online school tho. Have to go into debt via loans to do it too. Still good?
>>
Everyone has debt. It's a norm as long as you don't dig yourself into too deep of debt. Still good.
>>
>>2945257
Isn't VFS the king of 3d/animation/whatever on the west coast?
>>
>>2945277
I don't have debt, I bought a new car and have over $20,000 in the bank despite never making more than $12 an hour. Don't treat debt like some kind of inevitability. It's a terrible thing that should be avoided at pretty much all costs and is among the primary mechanisms of poverty in the first world.
>>
>>2945288
this might be sad but this is the most badass thing to me. it's really true what this anon is saying. I got a car I bought straight out of high school from my first jobs savings and went through a few more and because of money being tight now I'm forced to bike. basically be like based anon.
>>
Their concept art brochure looks questionable.

Or maybe ArtCenter, Syn and FZD spoiled the fuck out of me.
>>
>>2945282
Yea but I can't afford vfs (its like around 10k more than vanas) and have to pick schools now. Also anxiety makes irl class hard.
>>
>>2945308
I took their intro concept art course and its all legit. I thought that too cuz the site is so sparse.
>>
>>2945312
>Yea but I can't afford vfs (its like around 10k more than vanas) and have to pick schools now. Also anxiety makes irl class hard.

Where are you located?

>>2945313
>I took their intro concept art course and its all legit. I thought that too cuz the site is so sparse.

That and I would have expected more from students but considering the shit that the Ai institute in Vancouver churns out, this is at least passable.
>>
Also "pick schools now" ? What the fuck is going on? Are your parents forcing you? lol

Look I'm not going to put myself in your shoes but if you can hold off on enrolling into a place you're not sure about so you can save up money and go to a place where you are confident you'll succeed, I would say that's a much better alternative. Whether that's VFS or somewhere else is up to you. But don't enroll into a place just because _you have to pick schools now_. That's fucked up
>>
>>2945316
Vancouver.

>I would have expected more from students

Why? is their alumni work trash?
>>
>>2945323
Yea kinda.Traditional families suck. Also I missed the last few years of my life due to my cocktail of disorders and issues. Still live at home but parents gonna retire soon and don't have enough money to support me forever. These next few years are gonna be my last chance at schooling.
>>
>>2945324
>Why? is their alumni work trash?

I think in these things you get out of it what you put in. At least the faculty looks respectable.

You can go take the concept art diploma from wherever, but you better work your ass off because a year is, for most professions (not just talking about concept art here) nowhere near enough to turn a fob into a capable productive person by attending classes alone. Plan on giving yourself some run-way to catch up to rest of the industry after you graduate if you are not already reasonably "decent" going into the program.

FZD/ArtCenter can grind people but if you saw what kind of portfolios some of those students had prior to entering you'd wonder why they are going in the first place.

If you are too anxious to attend a class you'll need to change that sooner rather than later. You'll have to work on a team, with a team, under stress and explain to your manager why shit isn't done on time sometimes.
>>
>>2945331
>Also I missed the last few years of my life due to my cocktail of disorders and issues.

Don't go to school, you're not going to make it. I'm very sorry.
>>
>>2945332
I was probably gonna do another program at a different school afterwards and just use this one to build up my skills a bit and try to work through some of my issues in the mean time.
>>
>>2945334
Aw man.
>>
>>2945336
I wrote a wall of text telling you to do this but it sounds like you already have it set for course which is good.

Your schooling won't end for awhile. You may even decide later on to go back into some of it to get better at particular things or explore new options.

If you can find a job and not have to depend on your parents, it will open doors to you. You'll need to be really strict with yourself regarding when enough is enough though because a few of my friends are still working after 5-6 years instead of going back to school. The money and expectations that come with it can be a prison of their own.
>>
File: 1434556910988.png (108KB, 211x241px) Image search: [Google]
1434556910988.png
108KB, 211x241px
>>2945257

Which animation school is better? Vanas or Sheridan?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.