[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the Easiest/Fastest Way to Draw a Square in Perspective?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

What's the Easiest/Fastest Way to Draw a Square in Perspective?
>>
>>2942818
that's not a square, that's a trapezoid
>>
eyeball it
>>
what is A and B? also that doesn't look square at all
>>
>>2942818
just draw a square
>>
>>2942818
drawabox dot com
>>
>>2942818
blender.

also, with one point perspective you don't need to worry, as long as your 45 degrees vanishing points are consistent.
>>
>>2942818
Draw an ellipse, draw a square in perspective around it.An ellipse is a circle in perspective. A circle fits perfectly into a square so the front, back and side mid-points of the square must touch the ends of the long and short axis.

The rate of convergence depends on the angle the square is viewed from. If the vanishing point is further UP from the eye-level, the convergence will be less dramatic while pointing further down makes it more dramatic.
>>
>>2943350
>Easiest/Fastest Way
can't think of a more overcomplicated yet inexact way of doing it than yours.
>>
>>2943414
So what are the faster methods you know? I'm not him but AFAIK this is really the fastest way without needing a complete perspective setup with VPs and MPs.
>>
Trace it
>>
>>2943472
using any 3d software. that's what that shit was invented for.

or eyeballing it, if you're going to guess those ellipses anyway.
>>
>>2942818
It depends on the perspective, what perspective do you have in mind?
>>
>>2942818
A square is arbitrary, if you say it's a square it's a square. But if the question is how to draw another square based on a give square, I dunno buddy there's tons of ways and it all depends if you want the square to be tangent, similar, congruent, on the same plane, etc.
>>
>>2943878
is NOT arbitrary. with 2 or 3 vps, given 3 sides there's only one possible way of making a correct square.
>>
>>2942818
Use the Huang Wei method. Of course.
>>
>>2942818
get the 45 deg diagonal vp
>>
>>2943952
If you draw the cube first to determine the VPs then it's still arbitrary. All depends on what's given first.
>>
>>2942818
What's the easiest/fastest way for you to not make stupid threads?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.