[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moron or genius?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: pollock.jpg (980KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pollock.jpg
980KB, 1024x768px
Moron or genius?
>>
Conman
>>
alcoholic
>>
>>2940589
Sexy boy
>>
>>2940598
I agree
>>
>>2940598
that's actually a big part of his success, his wife and later his mistress (peggy guggenheim, look her up) pretty much made him
>>
>>2940589
Useful idiot set up by his wife. If you look at his first paintings, they look exactly like his wife's stuff.
>>
>>2940589
the whatever person at the right place at the right time
>>
>>2940589
people always pick on pollock but i've seen pollocks irl and they're great, on the other hand no-one is mean about rothko and those paintings suck
>>
>>2940614
They really don't
>>
>>2940652
Everyone here hates Rothko. The problem is most these haters have only ever heard of Picasso, van Gogh, and Pollock when it comes to the last 200 years of art history.
>>
>>2940589
CIA funded cold war PsyOp
>>
>>2940675
Rothko is great but it's something you have to see upfront. A blue painting I saw of his was really damn blue, like our pixels can't do that blue justice
>>
>>2940703
I've seen Rothkos in person. His early work is better than his color fields, his later work is all shit, I don't care what sort of religious experience you had, falling to your knees in the gallery and weeping. They're lame.
>>
>>2940703
And just in case you're confusing the two, Yves Klein can fuck right off too.
>>
>>2940589
Neither, he just did something different
>>
Decorative wall furniture designer mistaken for artist
>>
File: his_lordliness.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
his_lordliness.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
He brought such loving kindness to the world of art.

By loving kindness I mean he beat people up in bars.
>>
File: convergence.jpg (349KB, 1100x660px) Image search: [Google]
convergence.jpg
349KB, 1100x660px
I remember that when I was a child, I used to do shit similar to Pollock's work. I would grab all of my colored pen and pencils and just make random lines all over the paper and then marvel at the "dept" effect that all the layered lines would make. Fun times
>>
>>2940855
>"make lines"
>I don't know what I'm talking about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drip_painting
>>
>>2940903
I know what Pollock did, i was referencing more to the similar results, how the many layers of different colors would make the piece look like it had dept
>>
>>2940927
yeah but that's not why his work is as important as it is, saying that it was "similar to Pollock's work" seems a little (a lot) reductive
>>
>>2940855
>>2940927
I really doubt you had "similar results" to pollock.

and pollock's work has a degree of physical depth since all that built up paint creates texture.
>>
>>2940589
money launderer
>>
think he's just an ordinary man who improvised something during a period and knowing the good person. for example the work of Ad Reinhardt, Rothko or Newman are more interesting in terms of format, treatment and dynamics, but you have to see them in real life to understand the things, otherwise its pointless (refer to Reinhardt tehory). Pollock is like the crazy child of the band for me. not bad but not the most interesting for me.
>>
>>2940948
>My scribbles are better than your scribbles
>>
Jackson Pollock sucks and everyone who says they love his retard splatters is faking it
>>
>>2944378
You must be 12. People have different tastes. I hate coffee but I don't assume millions of people are drinking it just to create the appearance of being cultured.
>>
>>2942171
Post ur scribbles
>>
File: number-8.jpg (241KB, 1061x504px) Image search: [Google]
number-8.jpg
241KB, 1061x504px
>>2940589
Some of it's actually pretty pleasing to look at. Not all of them, but a decent number have some nice design and color choices, such as the one in the OP or pic related.

I'm not a huge fan of his work but I can't say it's completely without aesthetic merit, either.
>>
>>2940589
Somewhere in between. He makes cool shit to look at that most people wouldn't make so whatever
>>
>>2940703
I want to stab you in the throat.
>>
>>2940831
yeah i enjoy his earlier work as well. It has this dissonance to it thats really appealing in the right mood. His color fields i can't seem to understand / feel. I won't bash him or pollock as they each had unique styles and skills that evolved into more of a nonsense.
>>
>>2944400
Looks like a gang sign made in graffiti.
>>
>>2944384
You do realize you are using the same retarded logic that scat fetishists use to defend their shitty, shitty fetish?
>>
>>2940589
a money making machine for his investors
>>
>>2940589
Yes! I've the same in my garage, wich mean this guy proved that everybody can be a genius.
>>
File: 20161212_134209.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161212_134209.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
>>2940589
Neither. Not quite this >>2940591 but somewhere closer to >>2940597.
Definitely this >>2940628

Abstract art is offensive to civilized sensibilities, is an insult to proper artistic masters, and should be prohibited on the open market.
-Robert S. McNamara
>>
>>2940589
CIA propaganda tool and bad artist
>>
>>2940589
talentless conman
>>
UNDER BLACK LIGHT MY MATTRESS LOOKS LIKE A JACKSON POLLOCK
>>
>>2940589
Both
>>
>>2947405
>>2947396

These are the only correct answers. The rest of you are retards.
>>
>>2940589
Genius pandering to morons.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.