[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crosshatching is shit and looks shit.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: crosshatching-07b.jpg (43KB, 451x344px) Image search: [Google]
crosshatching-07b.jpg
43KB, 451x344px
Crosshatching is shit and looks shit.
>>
When it looks good it looks good like any style
>>
File: superior_technique.jpg (195KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
superior_technique.jpg
195KB, 640x640px
>>2939539
Have you tried not being shit at drawing? It seems to solve a vast majority of art related problems.

Hatching is a god-tier technique, as it can both suggest tone and reinforce your volumes with thousands of cross-contour lines.
>>
>>2939539
You're shit and look like shit.
>>
>>2939547
perfect woman type right there
>>
>>2939547
>tfw you'll never be able to draw like Robert Crumb and be successful
JUST
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 500x753px
>>2939548
Needs improvement.
>>
>>2939547
THICC
>>
>>2939555
One will give you a dozen sons, riding on a horseback straight out of her lap.
The other will give you STDs.
Choose wisely.
>>
You can't trust a woman out of uniform.
>>
File: cross hatch.png (479KB, 998x1185px) Image search: [Google]
cross hatch.png
479KB, 998x1185px
>>2939539
>t. pleb
>>
>>2939565
I like this mans flat nose
>>
>>2939546
I'm having trouble acknowledging that these are made only with lines. Look at the bridge of her nose, the shade goes from her eye to the tip of the nose even tho there are only single lines from lower eyelid to end of the nose.
>>
>>2939565
Not a great example
>>
>>2939539
you're doing it wrong
>>
>>2939539

>plebian weeb tone user
>>
File: AheMan.jpg (318KB, 998x1185px) Image search: [Google]
AheMan.jpg
318KB, 998x1185px
>>2939565
>>
>>2939629
>solid / dotted lines
>thicker / thinner lines
>varied spaces between lines

Can you really not "acknowledge" how these can be combined to create varied values?
>>
>>2939668
Blog?
>>
>>2939565
Oh whoops meant you, blog?
>>
>>2939706
Blog!
>>
>>2939678
It's more a disbelief thing. Did you see the area I mentioned? At first I'm thinking these are made with one type of line, but looking closer there is also a difference in line weight, and I'm looking more and more and It doesn't click with me how they get that amount of depth and detail with those lines. Look at the bridge of the nose and the shading, allthough there is hatching in only one direction. How does that happen?
>>
>>2939629
There is a lot going on there:

http://blogs.getty.edu/iris/royal-propaganda-from-prints-to-pixels/

Basically, hatching is not just laying down lines. It's made for printing.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.