[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rebecca On Art Thief

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

This is how you make it to the top of the concept art industry...

kotaku com / when-theres-historical-killing-at-3-but-a-cosplay-party-1794197822
>>
File: Treetopgazers.jpg (363KB, 2455x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Treetopgazers.jpg
363KB, 2455x1170px
>>2937837
Correct. You do what the clients and art directors want you to do, even if it means plagiarizing work.

To get a job you don't need to be good. In fact in many cases that's a detriment. You only need to follow orders.
>>
>>2938142
Yes anon, I'm sure art is the one profession in the whole wide world where you don't need any qualification whatsoever and companies just hire artists as some form of adult daycare charity project.

Because we all know, the art department in charge of the art direction and design of a multi billion $ Hollywood project consists of just a bunch of trained monkeys whose only skill is being able to "follow orders", but when the toilets are clogged in building 2A, they'll hire a skilled, certified plumber to do the job.
>>
File: ass.jpg (1MB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
1MB, 1920x1040px
>>2938171
You obvioulsy need to be somewhat qualified but if you look at the human characters in >>2938142
there is a base lacking ability to even move past stick figures. Most of members of Unmotivated losers could produce better shit than this.
>>
>>2938209
That is because you are focusing on the exceptions, not the standard. Ben Mauro is an industry veteran who is mostly doing 3D stuff. I can assure you, you will never in your lifetime find reliable work in this industry if your skill level is of that level no matter how much you'll whine about professional artist xy being worse than you, it's just not going to happen. You are not going to compete against the worst of the worst on their worst day, you are competing against the best of the best on their best day.
>>
>>2938271
Oh I know, I've got Ben Mauros work in my zbrush reference pure ref file. I know how to do 3D modeling, sculpting, drawing, painting and photo bashing :)
>>
>>2938142
Lmao its been a long time since ive seen that picture
>>
>>2938142
Doesn't the blame not lie with the specific artist anyways, it lies on the boss that tells you to copy and doesn't even credit your name
>>
>>2938171
Those skilled plumbers would need to follow a director's orders too though, if there's a widespread problem in a massive pipeline network

Concept art work isn't just about designing a single character, they need to do a shitload of stuffs, with strict schedules too. I'm not saying what they did is acceptable, but i think it's understandable if the director want their artists to finish their stuffs as fast as possible (and taking shortcuts)

If you wanna blame someone, blame the directors, not the artist
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.