[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When doing figure drawing in sets of 3min poses, what should

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 15.jpg (320KB, 2539x2835px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
320KB, 2539x2835px
When doing figure drawing in sets of 3min poses, what should I be focusing on? Getting a rough form? Outlining the details slightly enough to be able to tell? What should I specifically be thinking about if I want to improve?
>>
>>2929771
thicc
>Getting a rough form
>>
>>2929771
You should be thinking about what you want to improve on.
>>
>>2929776
This. There's no rules of things. Focus on what you want. Gesture/short poses have sooo many different schools of thought and approaches towards it. Try stuff out, do what makes sense for you at the time and what you want to get out of it.
>>
File: 1490769333915.jpg (278KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490769333915.jpg
278KB, 800x600px
>>2929771
Get a rough outline of what the pose communicates to you. It will be different for everyone, like how some people create a few simple shapes to "remember" the curviness of a pose, or how some will draw a line that represents the spine and some lines indicating the limbs. The general idea is just to make sure you remember what about that pose makes it unique.
>>
>>2929771
Wtf? Why do people keep posting this shit? The art looks so bad. I'd expect /ic/ of all places to have higher standards. The rhythm is horrible, the head is so fucking small, the shape design is so unappealing. Like what?
>>
>>2932252
The thing is, he did it in 3 minutes I assume.
>>
>>2932462
Yeah, an instructional book shouldn't show (only) fully polished pieces when you're trying to teach someone to sketch.
>>
>>2929771
3 minutes is actually not all that short a time, you should be able to make a nice sketch in that amount of time. really you should just do a bunch and see what gives you the most satisfaction personally, once you have a bit more experience you should be able to make moves like 'perhaps i'll focus on mass in this one' or line, or silhouette, or pose or mood or whatever. i know that's not a very satisfying answer but i think it's correct.
>>
>>2932252
>The rhythm is horrible
Can someone explain to me what that means?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.