[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Morning warmups/exercises

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (5KB, 113x120px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 113x120px
Decided I'm going to fucking make it and tried making some sort of routine just so i can keep my arm fresh. Tell me what i could add/remove, rate, post yours.

Based heaviliy of drawabox because i have no sense of direction and just wanna work on fundies

3 super imposed lines (8) from left to right
3 super imposed lines (8) from right to left
3 super imposed lines (8) upward
3 super imposed lines (8) downward
3 super imposed lines (8) arcs
10 super imposed circles (5) clockwise
10 super imposed circles (5) counter clockwise
20 connect the dot lines
10 planes
30 boxes
30 cylinders
30 minutes of gestures
>>
You could remove all of that and just draw from life.

I just draw from imagination for my warm ups.
>>
I suggest grabbing a bottle of booze and getting drunk with the idea of drawing in mind. You'll get burned out real quick if you force a schedule on yourself.
>>
>>2928617
but learning to fight through the burnout and pacing myself to avoid the burn out is apart of getting good isnt it, i'm sick and tired of having bad line and getting angry with every mark i make and i dont have enough time or money for life drawing sessions, something is better then nothing right?
>>
Take the exercises from Dynamic bible, How to draw and that chinese industrial sketching (this is a good one)

vk.
com/doc4043932_318375542?hash=23d0664084b89ec824&dl=c04ede0c1554
2df6e3

Drop the rest. Boxes and cylinders only make sense if you use them to deconstruct objects from direct observation.
>>
>>2928617
also this.

warm-up is only useful as a, well, warm-up.
It should't take time away from your studies, creative work and periods of rest.
>>
>>2928594
Or you could just draw.
No matter what you draw you're going to be using lines and drawing basic forms (hopefully) so you're practicing that stuff anyway.
Forcing a schedule for this kind of stuff is a complete waste of time.
>>
>>2928594
commit to making a couple marks on paper and then practice whatever -- life, anatomy, perspective, lewds, anything

don't be an unfun robot op
>>
File: 1491186745856.png (97KB, 472x632px) Image search: [Google]
1491186745856.png
97KB, 472x632px
>>2928639
>>2928640
>>2928635
But wouldn't these types of exercises be considered a form of studying? Isn't the point of these to hone a mechanical skill similar to how a boxer practices jabs and straight over and over.

What am i getting confused?
>>
>>2928648
No matter what you do or study, you'll always be practicing your line-work. It's not like studying it separately will be harmful in any way, but it's more efficient to just study other things while trying to make your lines clean and good.
>>
>>2928674
Not quite. You should focus your studies on specific flaws in your work. Repeating the same mistake over and over (scratchy linework) will only make the habit cut deeper.
>>
>>2928648
That's like 3+ hours of repetitive boring as fuck work that will get you nowhere. I've been there, did circles and ellipses for hours one day, then 50+ boxes connecting lines to vanishing points the other day thinking it's valid practice. Yeah I got a little better doing those things but I didn't learn much.

Your lines suck? do the Peter Han line warmups for 15 minutes. 30 if you want to push it. But no more. Then study other shit, look at a reference and try to copy it, do hands, gestures, whatever you want, but give it thought and work on it. Your lines will get better as you go.

Tip: when you're doing a study, draw lightly. Your lines might suck and it'd be incorrect but once you have the general shapes up you could "fix" them by placing bolder, correct lines over them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.