[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ic/ think of Angelarium?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Angel of Gemini.jpg (365KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
Angel of Gemini.jpg
365KB, 540x800px
>>
>>2927174
Cliche.
>>
Mohrbacher is /ourguy/ so I wish him well. I can appreciate the aesthetic of these pieces.
>>
>>2927193
>aesthetic

Please get better taste.
>>
File: zachrielF.jpg (103KB, 583x800px) Image search: [Google]
zachrielF.jpg
103KB, 583x800px
>>2927174
I appreciated the ideas and the scale and his technical skill is quite impressive yet I wish he had better designs. Still neat though, hopefully in 5-6 years or so I could be near his level.
>>
>>2927196
Is this the latest /ic/ meme?
>>
>>2927174
They are entirely neat, but beyond that they are creatively stale and do nothing for me. There's no story or anything else going on in the pictures and the designs are a bit samey so when you've seen one, you've seen them all.
>>
>>2927174
wow he should draw pictures for this game called magic
>>
Dave Rapoza sucks this guys' dick. I'm not saying this dude sucks or some nonsense. His subject matter is just boring as hell. It's not interesting. Like another anon said, there's no story. The characters actually lack "heart" if that makes sense. Vapid,, empty images. Again, they're very well done, he renders beautifully, he just has no real imagination. Yeah yeah, I get it, ethereal beings, duh anon they're imaginative!

No, they're forgettable.
>>
>>2927200

I'm really curious to see what you think a good design is, anon. Because I think Mohrbacher has the most interesting shapes I have seen since Masahiro Ito or Beksinski. I think he really captures this uncany magestic feeling in his designs.
Care to elaborate?
>>
Barlowe ripoff.
>>
>>2927746
fucking this forever.
>>
There are a few of those angels who have actually interesting Design. Most of them are pretty standard polished fantasy thingies
>>
I mostly admire his story of switching to working for himself and drawing only what he wants to draw. The images themselves don't appeal to me, but I can see that they're competent and polished.
>>
He does his own original stuff.
He does well when self promoting which despite what a lot of people feel is important as a serious artiest.
And he makes money from his own efforts.

Good on him he made a living from his passion and he didn't even have to draw pron. What artist can't appreciate this?
>>
>>2927174
none of them have eyes
>>
>>2927174
It's the kind of subject matter and aesthetic I never realised I wanted and loved.

They look like the projections of someone's mental landscape. I could gush about his paintings till the end of time. I really REALLY like the series.
>>
>>2927888
so they cant see these rude comments
>>
Peteyboy should hire someone to sculpt his most popular angel in zbrush so he can get one printed and then make a mold from it or whatever the fuck they do to make dolls for manchildren.

Sometimes Petey gets me all excited to make my own IP and go independent but then when I think about producing tons of assorted cheap trash in China to sell to nerds I feel kinda sick.
>>
File: 6.jpg (38KB, 535x796px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
38KB, 535x796px
If beksinksi did concept art for WoW
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.