[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any sort of art program or school that's affordable

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 34232.jpg (2KB, 141x90px) Image search: [Google]
34232.jpg
2KB, 141x90px
Is there any sort of art program or school that's affordable for a 20 year old? I hate my major as an undergrad at UCI and it all feels like such a waste. I want to draw, but I dont know what options are left at this point
>>
you COULD just take some art classes at your local community college, if you are worried about the cost. That, or just learn online. You don't need to pay $$$ to git gud.
>>
If you want to be successful as an artist, and still want to go to school, get a business degree. There are plenty of books, videos, and even full classes out there on the internet, available for free, or at a fraction of the price of a formal college education. As an artist you're judged by the work you produce, not what school you graduated from. It's a skill you must train with your own hands. But to sell and market that skill, and make money from it, it helps to have a least a basic understanding of business and marketing.
>>
>can afford going to a UC
>asks about affordable for art school
They're the same fucking price.
>>
>>2927135
>>2927136
Ive been feeling like I need some guidance from people,it just seems like art schools/programs give that edge for some reason compared to the people struggling to draw by themselves
>>2927146
Not with financial aid
>>
>>2927133

UCI huh? Have you tried looking into OCC? They had a pretty good art program like 10 years ago.
>>
make a comfortable living first and 10 years from now you can go to ateliers on the weekend sometimes
>>
1. Stop being an American
2. Enjoy superior Free(tm) Euro education.
>>
>>2927133
learn by yourself
if you really want to you will do it
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.