[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Benefits from drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: shooter.jpg (96KB, 494x502px) Image search: [Google]
shooter.jpg
96KB, 494x502px
Has drawing benefited you in other areas of your life? For me:

>my eye is much more observant now, I look at thing more closely, notice how things change in perspective, how light works, textures, etc
>my ability to visualize things in 3d has increased
>people think I'm more cool now because I can draw
>>
>>2926777
>>my eye is much more observant now, I look at thing more closely, notice how things change in perspective, how light works, textures, etc
>>my ability to visualize things in 3d has increased
how is that relevant to helping u in other areas in life?
>>
>>2926777
I've not succumbed to depression and hence have not killed myself
>>
>>2926780
helps me when i pound your mom fag
>>
File: 1445713509287.jpg (29KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
1445713509287.jpg
29KB, 400x324px
I'm a balding guy, before art women regarded me as a typical skinhead and I barely got laid

After art, women find me more attractive and mysterious, and find my shaved look interesting, as in their own words
>>
>>2926777
Hasn't helped me at all. Well it actually kinda helped me on my science exam where we had to draw the strike and dip of rocks in different directions so knowing how to draw cubes helped with that. Aside from that tho, it hasn't really helped me. Hopefully the full effects will kick in when I make it.
>>
I spent less time going out and lost some friends. The stress of having to become good made me age twice as fast. I have no desires aside from getting good anymore. Just want to go back to my quiet life, but it's like a drug.
>>
>>2926777
I'm fairly good at problem solving and working with my hands, which I guess originates from my drawing. So shit like carpentry and other crafts comes somewhat easily to me.
>>
>>2926780
Having a good eye allows you to appreciate art and the world more, like how a trained ear allows you to see deeper into music, make sense of the underlying rhythm, harmonies, chord progressions, etc.

As a scientist, visualization is useful. It helps to have a vivid imagination.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 495x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 495x640px
To generalize, there is clearly an increased concern about living in a visually illiterate environment. How do we distinguish between informative simulacra & disinformative simulations? I.E., Real news and fake news? Ive had people show me images that they thought were exact duplicates, but were actually entirely different images. Visually illiteracy in the Middle Ages would have very sharp consequences ... imagine being unable to distinguish gold from fool's gold.

One of the stranger aspects is to consider the role of being able to dress yourself properly. People with this ability are perceived very differently than those that lack it. It makes life unquestionably more smooth. Shakespeare's Armado is worth mentioning in that regard; someone of a modest class background who was nevertheless able to dress well and interact with those were were better positioned in life -- an interesting character irony. Yet what are the other ironies of being able to dress well? People believe that you're flirting with them, and if they're badly dressed you may not see them as having the same intentions.
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 589x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 589x645px
https://youtu.be/jcrXNAqIeuo
>>
It makes me feel better about my current job (non art related) because I've been able to supplement my income for my art, which I currently do as a passing hobby. I've sold a few fanarts and custom daki, so I know that there are at least a few chodes willing to buy my shit. I would never dare say I've ever "made it", but the potential is there if I ever wanted to try it.
>>
>>2926855
haha yea its helps you appreciate the world more up until the point you immediately synthesize and understand everything you see and it all becomes dull and full of mistakes and you hate all that your eyes lay upon
boy i wish i never drew
>>
doing nothing improves a lot
it's now fun to just look around admiring random designs around me, architecture, plants, furniture, fashion
>>
File: 1491111657236.jpg (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491111657236.jpg
56KB, 400x400px
>>2926780
Engineering, for sure.
>>
>>2926786
I second this boi
>>
>>2926979
I am so happy I gave up on chinese. There is no excuse for having to learn so many fucking retarded characters.
It would even be more acceptable to just draw a small picture of what you want to say.
>>
>>2927065
Fucking this.
Decomposing buildings and vehicles into cubes/cylinders/spheres is interesting as shit.
>>
I agree on the observant thing. Though I consider it more a quality of life improvement than I "I can see perspective and texture!"

I just stop and appreciate things more, I feel more aware of my surroundings and it's easier to find interesting/beautiful things. I actually enjoy going for walks in a way I didn't used to, because it's actually fun to observe the world around me when it didn't used to be.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.